20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

A-lister

Veteran
Yes, then it just doesn't work.
Lotl have been singing in English since 2007. They don't do it because they perform at the ESC and think that it will be better received. A band that has been singing English for over a decade is so inauthentic if they suddenly sing German because the ESC bubble thinks it's better.

Loreen could also sing in Moroccan. After all, it's her root.

Sorry, it annoys me with the German singing. They do not sing German, because it is not their passion. They do dark rock, gothic, gothic metal.

Ramstein do industrial metal. That's not even 3rd degree music affinity and not a baby.

How would it be to deal with the act itself. Then maybe it wouldn't be funny but just not the own music taste.

And if they now sing German they would no longer be the baby of Ramstein because they would then sound like?

Wow relax, ever heard of something called personal taste and opinions? Why the need with this defensiveness? xshrug

I stick to my opinion that this song in this style would work so much better in German, whether they normally sing in English doesn't change my opinion on that.

Loreen singing in Moroccan? Firstly there is no such language, perhaps Berber, secondly it's just a funny comparison which I can't even comment on.

I'm fully aware this isn't "like Rammstein", I just tried to explain how this sounds to me (a little bit of Rammstein mixed with gothic and glam with a touch of something from Ru Paul's Drag Race), you don't need to agree of course and whether this is more your cup of tea than Rammstein is your taste, but to call Rammstein 3rd degree or whatever when they are one of Germany's biggest music exports ever and this band is not known to most is just... a statement lol

A-lister

Veteran
Not a "language" per se but there's definitely a Moroccan dialect, it's called Dharija ;)
Thanks for the info...

Yes, I am not surprised there is a dialect (would be surprised if there wasn't), but a separate language? But there is a Berber language correct?

Anyways, I don't even think Loreen speaks Arabic, maybe some but far from fluent. It's a bit disturbing how ethnic obsessed some people are, yes she has Moroccan roots, and it's nothing she hides, but she is born in Sweden and apparently grew up with a Swedish stepdad but yet she is being "ethnified/exotified" in this forum by some (like the previous commentator) as if she couldn't be Swedish if she isn't ethnically Swedish... that's a bit disturbing.

Looren

Veteran
Thanks for the info...

Yes, I am not surprised there is a dialect (would be surprised if there wasn't), but a separate language? But there is a Berber language correct?

Yeah I wouldn't call it a language 'cause it's quite similar to Arabic, but we've noticed most of other Arabic people don't really understand us

Yeah there's a Berber language too

escEndre

We have had the great pleasure to talk with Pi from Lord Of The Lost! Check out our interview with them here!

Subscribe to our YouTube-channel to get the latest Eurovision-interviews with this years contestants! xheart

A-lister

Veteran
I'm fully aware this isn't "like Rammstein", I just tried to explain how this sounds to me (a little bit of Rammstein mixed with gothic and glam with a touch of something from Ru Paul's Drag Race), you don't need to agree of course and whether this is more your cup of tea than Rammstein is your taste, but to call Rammstein 3rd degree or whatever when they are one of Germany's biggest music exports ever and this band is not known to most is just... a statement lol

Actually, I take away my comparison to Rammstein, that's way too nice of a comparison for this... I guess secretly I would have preferred something harder so that's probably where I'm aiming at...

Oh never mind... maybe next year I will like Germany (but based on the past years' (and this) track record I doubt it will happen)

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
We have had the great pleasure to talk with Pi from Lord Of The Lost! Check out our interview with them here!

Subscribe to our YouTube-channel to get the latest Eurovision-interviews with this years contestants! xheart

That’s a great interview, thank you!

It was very interesting and I like how he is so thoughtful, especially what he said at the end of the video: no one should vote for a country, because no one was able to influence where they were born . So everyone should vote for their favourite SONG.

He has listened to Sweden, Finland, Norway and Serbia so far and he thinks all are great songs.

He talked about how much they are touring. They are in South America next month and when they come back they only have one day left for recreation and then on to Liverpool.

Which worries me a bit… others prepare for Eurovision but not LOTL… tour the world, then put in a tiny European contest in between quickly, then on to continue world touring :ROFLMAO: I hope they don’t overdo it.

But it shows how popular they are around the world. Not only Germany. For those who claimed they are not known outside Germany.

shameless

I just read that Peter Urban will leave as a commentator after this years ESC. While I liked him and grew up with his comments I think it's time for a change. Might also be the best time to finally stop the NDR-reign of terror? :love: One can dream, right?
I mean, if LOTL will flop as well (which imho is a VERY realistic outcome) maybe they finally come to their senses that no matter how hard they try, they're just not able to bring it.

Franzilein

I just read that Peter Urban will leave as a commentator after this years ESC. While I liked him and grew up with his comments I think it's time for a change.
Gotta agree, as much of an icon as he is, I watched the last couple of years the neutral streams on YouTube. Didn't even mind his commentary that much, but in some incidents you clearly noticed his age, talking about "difficult green screen effects" etc. Make way for Consi now please xpray

shameless

Gotta agree, as much of an icon as he is, I watched the last couple of years the neutral streams on YouTube. Didn't even mind his commentary that much, but in some incidents you clearly noticed his age, talking about "difficult green screen effects" etc. Make way for Consi now please xpray
Yes I think he makes the most sense if they want to have someone from the ESC bubble (meaning who know their s*it.).

midnightsun

Veteran
I think the staging is one of the most important reasons why we are so low in the odds. This and our "reputation" as notoriously coming last (or close to).

I hope LOTL can prove anyone wrong this year so the NDR is maybe willing to put effort into a NF at all. The NF staging was a catastrophe and now we have such a crappy live video for all the recaps.
Not surprised people think this won’t go anywhere. They will be surprised how good Blood and Glitter will look in May on a big stage.

Deleted member 12761

I'm super excited that Urban is leaving! Great news. I didn't like his work in the last few years. He has become way too cynical and negative. It's time for a change. I hope it's a duo. A male and a female commentator would be my dream. I hope Barbara leaves, too. We need some new faces.

ESC94

I'm super excited that Urban is leaving! Great news. I didn't like his work in the last few years. He has become way too cynical and negative. It's time for a change. I hope it's a duo. A male and a female commentator would be my dream. I hope Barbara leaves, too. We need some new faces.

Agree with Barbara, not so much with the duo. I think one person is enough.

mauve

Veteran
I hope that we get the acoustic version today on youtube!!! :love:

Franzilein

Yes I think he makes the most sense if they want to have someone from the ESC bubble (meaning who know their s*it.).

I also really love his humour and voice (also on the radio, dang, I said the forbidden word :lol:), he just seems like the perfect fit :)

Realest

Our Jury-/Televote Ratio since 2009 (without 2013 and 20 obviously) is 784/690.
Wondering if it will be more balanced after this Year.

HarryUK

Veteran
Not me being 90% sure I'm seeing Electric Callboy & Blind Channel in May

Germany are getting close to what they should send with LOTL, but Electric Callboy is definitely the peak

Top Bottom