(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Safely say, the German broadcaster just want participation points. Can you imagine going from "Satellite" to this? I used to like alot of German entries but lately they have been really disappointing. The last good song they had is 2018 and that is all on Michael. 2020 could have been a good comeback but it didn't happen.

mauve

Veteran
Why do I feel after day one of this tragic selection even worser than yesterday? Yesterday I had my ups and downs. First frustrated. Then I relistened the songs to TRY to find some positive things about at least one of the songs. Just to deceive myself. Then I felt resigned. And now frustrated again. I really want this delegation to get the shitstorm of their lives that they will never forget. I mean it's clear that they sabotaged this NF just so that no artist can win. I mean how must all the artists feel right now knowing this? I feel sorry for them as well.
I doubt that the petition will change anything about their minds, but I want them to feel unwell and regret. Gosh. How much deep inside I wish everything could have turned out differently. And telling EC and others that can apply next year again. How insulting is this??? Do they really believe after all this that EC would apply again???
Can someone ease my pain please? My fury and my sadness?

I bims

Veteran
Why do I feel after day one of this tragic selection even worser than yesterday? Yesterday I had my ups and downs. First frustrated. Then I relistened the songs to TRY to find some positive things about at least one of the songs. Just to deceive myself. Then I felt resigned. And now frustrated again. I really want this delegation to get the shitstorm of their lives that they will never forget. I mean it's clear that they sabotaged this NF just so that no artist can win. I mean how must all the artists feel right now knowing this? I feel sorry for them as well.
I doubt that the petition will change anything about their minds, but I want them to feel unwell and regret. Gosh. How much deep inside I wish everything could have turned out differently. And telling EC and others that can apply next year again. How insulting is this??? Do they really believe after all this that EC would apply again???
Can someone ease my pain please? My fury and my sadness?
I really feel you. I also tried to calm my anger and listened to the songs again to find something positive... and that made me even angrier. I flat out HATE half of these songs. Two of them I really don't care about because they are bland and then one song that I think is ok.
I can't even root for the songs that I don't hate because... "not hating them" is not enough of a motivation. I know they will definetly not win this selection and even if they would, they are still just meh. I'm not looking forward to have them at eurovision. I won't listen to them in the future, I would never actively go and listen to them. Typical radio songs, just background noise you listen to because someone else made you listen to them and they are not terrible enough that you want to switch the song. You sit there, take it and hope for something better.

And it's just so frustrating that NDR won't listen and they don't care. This selection will get shit ratings and they will then just say "well the public doesn't care so let's select a song internally from now on" and then we will get this type of song forever. Or another Jendrik. They even said, I think, that they want to continue with this garbage radio station cooperation. I hate this situation so much. You just can't do anything about it. And you then just see how people that aren't really into eurovision get pushed away even further and the reputation of the contest suffers here even more. That can't be what anyone wants.

EDIT: deleted my ranking, that's too much investment into something that I don't care for

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
It‘s as simple as it is: the past years NDR has been showing NO signs of interest in Eurovision. They sign the paycheck, send whatever „random“ act which isn’t all that random if you look at a lot of shady behavior the past years. And it’s all sufficient for them because - and you must not forget that - despite losing audience year by year the ESC is still one of our most watched TV shows of the year. The viewing figures are successful for the broadcaster so they won’t change anything.
The connection radio - ESC is not a good one. They don’t celebrate Eurovision as a show, as a festival, as a celebration with lots of fun, different cultures, crazy ppl and acts. They want real, serious music and try to avoid by all means that ESC is a party event. If you were a TV station, you would go by visuals but since the responsibility goes to a radio station ESC in Germany is just another Voice DSDS X-Factor!

mauve

Veteran
Some support the idea to vote for the worst song "Hallo Welt" (a song the delegation should be ashamed of to pick it). But for the first time I won't vote this time at all. I understand the meaning behind voting it, but I simply won't vote for anything I don't care about. No song of this selection is even worth getting votes.
My emotions are so mixed: sadness, fury, resignition.
I will give my votes to other countries. Please Finland, ease my pain and vote The Rasmus. PLEASE! Let me give my first 12 points this season!

Oh and by the way, Germany already dropping in the odds. I hope we drop faster until last place is reached. Stay there until may.

midnightsun

Veteran
I get your frustration. I am too. They manage to disappoint me every year after announcing „best artists we‘ve ever seen, variety, genre we‘ve never had before“-blah blah. I really enjoyed Jendrik last year, at first sight it seemed like a good choice, Germany being funny and happy, but after all it was just another act that was chosen because of the message and not to really have fun (I still think it‘s been one of our best entries the past years but ok). There must always be some kind of logic/meaning behind the song, we just can’t simply send a song like Guildo Horn or Stefan Raab any more. I guess too many people have complained in past we always send trash fun songs. But honestly, even those were better than another The Voice candidate.

marty

I feel sorry for the german fans. For me it would be impossible to choose a song out of these six to vote for. I knew from the beginning when they came up with this concept that it wont work. I dont understand why they involve the radio stations. the jury obviously does not understand eurovision.

HayashiM

Veteran
I too am sorry for German fans. Blimey, almost 22,000 signatures for the petition at the moment. That's in the range of televote total in a NF of several countries :D And about 100 times the number of hardcore ESC fans in :cz:. I mean, you've got fans in :de:, actual fans who care, and not just a bunch of crazy fellow citizens who start generating a random splash of insults when ESC gets even mentionned. Why would anyone in their sane mind aim to half ass things to only get participation points for such a country, and even openly admit that?

I still have yet to listen to most of the entries (only heard Rockstars and it's... just there), but if the one and only criteria of the broadcaster is "radiofriendliness", and if it blocks all critisim and deletes petition links under its posts...

...then I hope it gets every spanking it can get. Come on, even France Télévisions didn't have such a shitty approach to the backlash of 2020. They even learned from it for 2021 (we'll see whether it lasts). You can do it too :de:. We believe in you!

Last edited:

Realest

"Eskimo Callboy", "Eurovision", "ESC2022", "Germany12Points" are still trending here, 1 Day later.

mauve

Veteran
Am I the only one on earth who loved last year German song? Not the finger woman though but the song was nice. Eurovision fans have an odd and peculiar (but bad peculiar) taste.
No, I am one of the few here that liked it actually. At least it was not a borefest like this year ...

Mainshow

Veteran
The German press starts to report on this mess and that fans are furious about the generic selection:

Jonkonfui

The German press starts to report on this mess and that fans are furious about the generic selection:

Furious as in Spanish fury? German people are too civilised to be furious.

Top Bottom