(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
I woke up and can't sleep. It's simply terrifying reading the comments at ESC Kompakt knowing that people mostly like "Rockstars" and probably voting for it ... :cry: Tomorrow will be a shitty day and march 4th even so more. Good night will try to sleep a few more hours ...

Kruto

pumping it at 4: 21 at night ;) I would really like to vote for my neighbours(for once) in may, but I guess I must be prepared for a huge disappointment..
BTW. We got the moves is great too.

Realest

mauve

Veteran
the rappart of this song is 100% macklemore - think NDR don't know this macklemore. xcookie
Didn't think about Macklemore at all when listening to the song. Could be right though, but doesn't make things better that the song is just below average, :cry: I believe even if EC would be in, people would still vote for "Rockstars" here.

mauve

Veteran
NDR Program Director Frank Beckmann: "Hauptsache nicht erster"

For those who want the passage:

Dennoch wäre eine vordere Platzierung doch mal wieder wünschenswert.

Da ich weiß, wie viel Geld ein Sieg kostet, sage ich mit Blick aufs kommende Jahr: Hauptsache nicht Erster. (lacht) Im Ernst: Natürlich wollen wir wieder wettbewerbsfähiger werden. Dazu zählt auch eine Vereinfachung der Vorauswahl. Zuletzt hatte ich das Gefühl, dass die Regeln zum Vorentscheid eher komplex waren. Wir wollen wir sie so anpassen, dass sie sich in zwei Sätzen erklären lassen. Der ESC wird in Zukunft mehr denn je als Aufgabe der gesamten ARD gesehen. Dabei hilft, dass die Häuser längst crossmedial aufgestellt sind. Auf diese Weise können wir die Zusammenarbeit zwischen Fernsehen, Radio und Online noch besser verzahnen.

lasse braun

hey this is an english spoken forum(mainly). xcookie

the important part of the interview see below.

"One of the most diverse shows is probably the Eurovision Song, for which you are now also responsible. How much does your heart beat for this competition?

As NDR television director, I have been following the ESC from the sidelines for years and have great respect for the work of my colleagues, who really put a lot of heart and soul into the project. This job is really gruelling. Unfortunately, we in Germany always look at the ESC a bit like a World Cup. But the focus should really be on the unifying, colourful aspects and celebrating together.

Nevertheless, a top ranking would be desirable once again.

Since I know how much money a victory costs, I say with a view to next year: The main thing is not to finish first. (laughs) Seriously, of course we want to become more competitive again. That includes simplifying the pre-selection process. Recently, I had the feeling that the rules for the pre-selection were rather complex. We want to adapt them so that they can be explained in two sentences. In future, the ESC will be seen more than ever as a task for the entire ARD. It helps that the houses have long been cross-media. In this way, we can dovetail the cooperation between television, radio and online even better."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

ayzelto

Eskimo is the only one with some “potential” if we can call it like that. Let’s hope the list is not official and them come up with something amazing!

harey

I understand the bad mood of German esc fans due to recent years but from my point of view I have the feeling that you are over dramatic about the selection because you wanted so hard an act in it. (And are you really sure that EC really applied / followed the applying rules of the broadcaster?)

Mainshow

Veteran
I understand the bad mood of German esc fans due to recent years but from my point of view I have the feeling that you are over dramatic about the selection because you wanted so hard an act in it. (And are you really sure that EC really applied / followed the applying rules of the broadcaster?)
Nah. Our mood is appropriate.

Why do we want to see EC so badly?
Actually, I don't really care about rhem BUT they would be something unique, distinctive in sound, something different.

I'm so fed up with our broadcaster usually coming with the same style of songs for a national final.

The last French national final was way more diverse than we've seen from Germany since 2016?

EC were the reason why Germany rose in the betting odds and they were giving us hope to finally have an act to be rooting for.

I don't want to get another mediocre and bland song performed by a former The Voice contestant/talent show act with a solid voice.
That's not enough... these songs are never perceived ad the worst of the night but they usually end up being bottom 5 or worse in Eurovision.

We simply lost hope....like many British fans.

I was called unprofessional, bitter, overdramatic and so on back in 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 as well because "our entry isn't that bad and you should wait for the grand final" - but no, I can detect turds of entries quite easily xD

From what we've heard so far, our national final won't be much better than the Irish NF.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope we're wrong but I honestly think that we will be utterly disappointed by the assorted selection of inoffensive and generic and non-competitive songs in English by wannabe singer-songwriter and former talent show participants in an hour.

mauve

Veteran
Nah. Our mood is appropriate.

Why do we want to see EC so badly?
Actually, I don't really care about rhem BUT they would be something unique, distinctive in sound, something different.

I'm so fed up with our broadcaster usually coming with the same style of songs for a national final.

The last French national final was way more diverse than we've seen from Germany since 2016?

EC were the reason why Germany rose in the betting odds and they were giving us hope to finally have an act to be rooting for.

I don't want to get another mediocre and bland song performed by a former The Voice contestant/talent show act with a solid voice.
That's not enough... these songs are never perceived ad the worst of the night but they usually end up being bottom 5 or worse in Eurovision.

We simply lost hope....like many British fans.

I was called unprofessional, bitter, overdramatic and so on back in 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 as well because "our entry isn't that bad and you should wait for the grand final" - but no, I can detect turds of entries quite easily xD

From what we've heard so far, our national final won't be much better than the Irish NF.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope we're wrong but I honestly think that we will be utterly disappointed by the assorted selection of inoffensive and generic and non-competitive songs in English by wannabe singer-songwriter and former talent show participants in an hour.
I have the very bad feeling that mailk will win the whole thing, no matter who the 5th or 6th act is. When I read all the comments ... my least favorite song.I am sceptical if Planschemalöör really belong to the 6 acts though since they released their song yesterday. I rather have the feeling that they were rejected.
Anyway. Let's be prepared to be disappointed. :(

Mainshow

Veteran
Planschemalöör already confirmed they are in the final. Dont think they use it as a promotional move.
Same here.

However, our head of delegation also said that some artists who already confirmed their submission via the press won´t be part of the show. We can only be 100% sure after today´s press conference but Planschemalöör and Eros basically already confirmed their participation.

Mainshow

Veteran
It´s so frustrating to read that "we don´t want to win Eurovision" - I can totally get it, though, it´s a lot of money, one has to organise it perfectly and it´s a tight schedule BUT one can´t win Eurovision that easily. Even when you send a brilliant, well-produced, interesting entry, you can still end up being #2 to #26.... but please can they start thinking differently? Why not try to not win with something more unique and different like :ua: last year? or even :cy: which was a pure pop entry but at least, catchy and well-produced and it had a hell of a choregraphy and staging.

Top Bottom