(We used to be the rockstars)
(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

And why couldn't we begin with a Stadion. Do you really Think Interests on the ESC in Germany can Change with the actual Prozess? You need a better Marketing and a fan-friendly selection System!

Television is dying and the networks need success when it comes to ratings otherwise it's not worth it. It's very hard to establish a tradition on a dying medium. When "Wetten, dass..." ended they weren't able to establish a new comparable program.

Our national selections did not have great ratings so an even bigger selection won't be different. Singing competitions in general aren't doing that well when it comes to ratings. And a big marketing campaign is reeeeally expensive and it's uncertain if it will be worth it. You would also need big names that attract viewers but they are also expensive and don't care for eurovision.

A concept that could work would be a collaboration of people (as producers/moderators) like Joko and Klaas, Jan Böhmermann, Raab, Silbereisen, Helene Fisher and a couple of chart toppers to really establish a show/contest big enough to begin a tradition. But that will never happen, that's ... utopisch.
So, the 100 songwriter Camps arent cheaper. And who says that we need to make a only tv show out of it? I think social media should be included to get more young people interested in!
Televotes for SHUM, Dark Side and Måneskin show that the foundation of new music generation is done!

Staewi

No way our "expert" juries would go for it, but I really think we should send someone big from our hip hop scene.
Not only something like this would burn the stage down... xqueenbitch It would also bring a lot of publicity in new, younger groups which seems desperately needed.

I also think a lot of these artists would have an actual vision for a good and fitting visual presentation.

ESC94

No way our "expert" juries would go for it, but I really think we should send someone big from our hip hop scene.
Not only something like this would burn the stage down... xqueenbitch It would also bring a lot of publicity in new, younger groups which seems desperately needed.

I also think a lot of these artists would have an actual vision for a good and fitting visual presentation.

Nope, Nope and once again a big fat NOOOOPE!!!(n)

If there´s one thing I don´t even wanna have close to the ESC than it´s this kind of "music", especially by this wannabe "singer"!! :sick:

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ I hate that "genre" as well - but dunno, :de: is lost anyway.... it wouldn't hurt to try something which is edgy and actually represents our music scene...

• Like It
Reactions: Rob

Slabsson79

KK for Germany 2022? Please not. One could find out that she has Czech origins, which should be really hidden as a secret...Czechia can manage itself to look like fools at the ESC... :cool: :ROFLMAO:
But while I am at it...Debbi, cp. ESCZ 2018, is born in Dortmund, also of mixed Czech-German origin...

ESC94

^^ I hate that "genre" as well - but dunno, :de: is lost anyway.... it wouldn't hurt to try something which is edgy and actually represents our music scene...

Sorry, but I´d rather have a song not edgy than this "music" which is only dominant because the hurdles for the charts are so low nowadays. In this case I would start a petition that :de: has to go to the semi finals.

In this case I kinda "like" the predictability of NDR because they would never choose this.

HayashiM

Veteran
I am all for a little tease and tasteful sex positivity here and there in the ESC. But if anyone wanted to truly watch a "good and fitting visual presentation" beyond that point (not that there would be anything wrong with such thirst), I believe there's plenty of other platforms better tailored for such purposes...

Staewi

Sorry, but I´d rather have a song not edgy than this "music" which is only dominant because the hurdles for the charts are so low nowadays. In this case I would start a petition that :de: has to go to the semi finals.

In this case I kinda "like" the predictability of NDR because they would never choose this.
The traditional charts are not really relevant anymore. "Urban/hip hop" songs are successful because they get a lot of plays on Spotify and Youtube and not because they reached #1 in the Media Control Charts.

Katja was maybe a bad example :lol: There are a lot of songs which are either bops or with relevant lyrics (or both).
On the other hand I just don't see "traditional" pop artists which would be capable of a good song and a good staging. But we'll see with what NDR disappoints us next year. :lol:

• Scream
Reactions: Rob

Vondenburg

Franzilein

We have the FreeESC :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wasn’t too bad however, no? Really liked Elif’s contribution, but then again, I rate Elif highly anyway ever since her first appearance at Popstars 2009 – yes, I watched that crap in my youth xscared

Also disagree with the notion that German music is bland. I don’t like this new rap generation either (safe for some exceptions like Kontra K), but I often find myself liking German radio songs more than their American and British counterparts. Maybe my taste in music is just garbage though :lol:

I bims

Veteran
Wasn’t too bad however, no? Really liked Elif’s contribution, but then again, I rate Elif highly anyway ever since her first appearance at Popstars 2009 – yes, I watched that crap in my youth xscared

Also disagree with the notion that German music is bland. I don’t like this new rap generation either (safe for some exceptions like Kontra K), but I often find myself liking German radio songs more than their American and British counterparts. Maybe my taste in music is just garbage though :lol:

Those would be great examples why I think german music is bland 😅 I don't mind these songs. They are okay. But they don't leave any lasting impression on me, it's as if I heard them a million times before. "Tanzen" really represents the stereotypical german radio song.
And none of them would work in the context of eurovision. Especially the FreeESC songs are tragic. It's aggressively mediocre at best.

Franzilein

Those would be great examples why I think german music is bland 😅 I don't mind these songs. They are okay. But they don't leave any lasting impression on me, it's as if I heard them a million times before. "Tanzen" really represents the stereotypical german radio song.
And none of them would work in the context of eurovision. Especially the FreeESC songs are tragic. It's aggressively mediocre at best.

I mean, it's pop. The go-to words to explain those, especially if they are not BoPs, are basically "generic" and "bland" on this forum, because ESC fans want something sPeCiaL.
We never sent anything like these songs to the ESC, how can you be so sure that they would not work? What we perceive as normal ain't normal to the ESC audience, heck, singing in German alone would be something new.

I bims

Veteran
I mean, it's pop. The go-to words to explain those, especially if they are not BoPs, are basically "generic" and "bland" on this forum, because ESC fans want something sPeCiaL.
We never sent anything like these songs to the ESC, how can you be so sure that they would not work? What we perceive as normal ain't normal to the ESC audience, heck, singing in German alone would be something new.
Sure it's pop, I am a basic pop music lover but pop can still be interesting. And yeah I would love something special because it's a stage show. We won't do better with a song that is meant to be background noise like "Tanzen". And just because we haven't done it doesn't mean it will work. A few year prior some people suggested an entry that doesn't take itself too seriously would do well for Germany. Well. It didn't.

As long as the song is uninteresting the language won't matter as well. Just because the Top 3 this year were songs in their native language doesn't mean that's now automatically a recipe for a better result. Spain always sings in spanish and they are still in the bottom.

CPV4931

I saw a report about "Her Tree" in a news programme yesterday and instantly fell in love with her music... with the right performance (ok, Germany and right performance wasn´t the perfect match in the past) this could work very well at Eurovision

Top Bottom