(We used to be the rockstars)
(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Maybe everyone in Germany could be allowed to write a song and send it in. Then they look for someone who can perform the best ones, and then we make a German "Melodifestivalen" event where everyone can vote the best one

marty

Maybe everyone in Germany could be allowed to write a song and send it in. Then they look for someone who can perform the best ones, and then we make a German "Melodifestivalen" event where everyone can vote the best one
believe me, no one wants to watch that. ;-)

A-lister

Veteran
Well... These are chart topping hits in Germany right now :censored:
Is this based on Spotify streams? Unfortunately Spotify streams in Sweden also has alot of juvenile HipHop with lazy beats and "wannabe gangstas" because Spotify is dominated by 12yos, so I would take charts based on that alone with a grain of salt tbh.

An act that just popped up in my brain is Sarah Connor, she had some sort of a revival lately with German songs right? Would she be up for it?

Also, what about Nena? Sometimes these older acts don't work in Eurovision, but I could see Nena work actually.

JamieBrown

Because german music is bland as fuck :ROFLMAO:
Good artists are ... soooooo rare.
There someone finally said it. Our music scene is tragic.

Go digging, spread them, try suggesting if they would go to Eurovision. I guess many good pop artists think ESC is a trash show and they are to good for it.

+a bonus track from a very dear friend of mine

I bims

Veteran
And why do they in Sweden?
A different mentality, the population is not bitter because they are a powerhouse in eurovision and used to doing good. So they are staying interested. Meanwhile germans are growing more and more resentful towards eurovision. Most germans have a fragile ego especially when it comes to how they are seen by other countries.

Melodifestivalen also has a really long tradition. It's hard to establish a big contest like that out of nowhere when the television landscape is already struggling. German television was oversaturated with singing competitions so the interest there is quite low.
Our national selections never had good enough ratings that would inspire the networks to put more money into it.

Rob

A different mentality, the population is not bitter because they are a powerhouse in eurovision and used to doing good. So they are staying interested. Meanwhile germans are growing more and more resentful towards eurovision. Most germans have a fragile ego especially when it comes to how they are seen by other countries.

Melodifestivalen also has a really long tradition. It's hard to establish a big contest like that out of nowhere when the television landscape is already struggling. German television was oversaturated with singing competitions so the interest there is quite low.
Our national selections never had good enough ratings that would inspire the networks to put more money into it.
And why couldn't we begin with a new Tradition? Do you really Think Interests on the ESC in Germany can Change with the actual Prozess? You need a better Marketing and a fan-friendly selection System!

I bims

Veteran
And why couldn't we begin with a new Tradition?
Television is dying and the networks need success when it comes to ratings otherwise it's not worth it. It's very hard to establish a tradition on a dying medium. When "Wetten, dass..." ended they weren't able to establish a new comparable program.

Our national selections did not have great ratings so an even bigger selection won't be different. Singing competitions in general aren't doing that well when it comes to ratings. And a big marketing campaign is reeeeally expensive and it's uncertain if it will be worth it. You would also need big names that attract viewers but they are also expensive and don't care for eurovision.

A concept that could work would be a collaboration of people (as producers/moderators) like Joko and Klaas, Jan Böhmermann, Raab, Silbereisen, Helene Fisher and a couple of chart toppers to really establish a show/contest big enough to begin a tradition. But that will never happen, that's ... utopisch.

mauve

Veteran
I have to unfortunately agree that our music scene is just terrible. I try listening to new artists now and then, but by now I ignore our music market because there is just nothing exciting about it. Most things I listen to come from other countries. And it will stay that way for a long time, I am sure about it. :(

Mrm

Veteran
I have to unfortunately agree that our music scene is just terrible. I try listening to new artists now and then, but by now I ignore our music market because there is just nothing exciting about it. Most things I listen to come from other countries. And it will stay that way for a long time, I am sure about it. :(
Albanian and Turkish songs are trending in German yt all the time.. :p

mauve

Veteran
Albanian and Turkish songs are trending in German yt all the time.. :p
I know because we have many immigrants from Turkey. And I have big love for Albanian artists! That's why I like many ESC-entries from Albania. But Germany's music market is like being served rotten fish and afterwards you have an upset stomach. :sick:

Franzilein

Sometimes I wish we still had the Bundesvision Song Contest and would simply send the winner to the ESC (or heck, anyone of the top 3 really, my favourite out of all years is still Polarkreis 18 with The Colour of Snow and they ended up second in 2009 :lol:)

ESC94

I know because we have many immigrants from Turkey. And I have big love for Albanian artists! That's why I like many ESC-entries from Albania. But Germany's music market is like being served rotten fish and afterwards you have an upset stomach. :sick:

I´m ignoring the German charts completely now. The hurdles to get into the single charts are soo low nowadays because of all these streaming by kids, so all these talentless wannabe rappers get their number one only to fall out completely the week after. Especially when I hear these "stars" like Shirin David or Capital Bra I just wanna puke. xpuke

Miloutchi

I have this love for Germany and I want it to love me back haha. So I really really really want a German song I can love next year.

But this thread makes me despair. :p

Top Bottom