(We used to be the rockstars)
(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

I would give Fahrenhaidt a second chance...

God this was so epic in the studio version! Unfortunately it was a total trainwreck live due to awful staging and weak vocals...

Rob

Okay, another idea: How about sending TheFatRat for Germany next year? :unsure:

aef

NDR really shouldn't do a NF in near future, they are just too bad at it and the public interest for it seems to be quite low anyway. Why not finally going for an established name in the internal selection? (At least half established, like well-known in DACH)

In the :at: thread we had the discussion about sending something in German. I don't see it working much for us, at least not in Austrian Dialect but you could really try it out for once!

My quick suggestion/wish - Fynn Kliemann or AnnenMayKantereit!

I bims

Veteran
NDR really shouldn't do a NF in near future, they are just too bad at it and the public interest for it seems to be quite low anyway. Why not finally going for an established name in the internal selection? (At least half established, like well-known in DACH)

In the :at: thread we had the discussion about sending something in German. I don't see it working much for us, at least not in Austrian Dialect but you could really try it out for once!

My quick suggestion/wish - Fynn Kliemann or AnnenMayKantereit!

I don't think a big name with a german song is a magical solution to our problems. Michael Schulte is a nobody in Europe and had an english song. But it was delivered greatly with effective staging. This year we had none of that. It's just that our package as a whole is always lacking something crucial.

And I think the same thing is true for Austria. You had good staging but Vincent wasn't the most captivating singer and Amen was just really really boring. Cesar Sampson was an amazing (yet also unknown) singer that had a decent song that he delivered amazingly and the staging fitted perfectly. The package needs to be right.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I don't think a big name with a german song is a magical solution to our problems. Michael Schulte is a nobody in Europe and had an english song. But it was delivered greatly with effective staging. This year we had none of that. It's just that our package as a whole is always lacking something crucial.

And I think the same thing is true for Austria. You had good staging but Vincent wasn't the most captivating singer and Amen was just really really boring. Cesar Sampson was an amazing (yet also unknown) singer that had a decent song that he delivered amazingly and the staging fitted perfectly. The package needs to be right.

this is true but an established name usually brings quality and longevity to the reputation of the contest... like for example if they pick Zoe Wees or Nico Santos there is 99 % chance that they will deliver and end up in the top 10... picking someone unknown can be a risk, however.

aef

I'm not saying that it would be the magical solution but it would be something different and worth trying it out.

I bims

Veteran
this is true but an established name usually brings quality and longevity to the reputation of the contest... like for example if they pick Zoe Wees or Nico Santos there is 99 % chance that they will deliver and end up in the top 10... picking someone unknown can be a risk, however.
I don't think a known singer is any more likely to deliver than an unknown singer. Just because you can appeal to your domestic music market doesn't mean that appeal automatically translates to an international market. An unknown singer may have that international appeal.
And it's hard to get some bigger names if the risk is just so high. The delegations first need to have a better portfolio basically and guarantee those singers the support they need to succeed. A singer is just that: a singer. But they need a stage director, stylist, a good song and all that. And not every music label has an interest to sink it that much money so the network has to do something as well that won't tank the chances.

Realest

Jendrik beat a few famous Singers during the internal Selection IIRC, but we dont know who.

Storm

I don't necessarily need a famous name, I'd already be pleased with established artists that know how to do concerts or deliver a song. We've sent soo many newcomers now that wanted to fulfil their dreams just because it worked with Lena. Of course this is no guarantee for success (nothing is) but at least it would be something else.

GermanBango

Give me something creative, sincere, out-of-the-box, .... something interesting that reaches me, that makes me feel something different than "ewww" or "meh". Preferably in German as long as it is NO SCHLAGER.

A-lister

Veteran
I still can't get over the fact that Germany had one of the coolest entries of 2020 and switched to one of the most stupid entries in 2021... like why!? xshrug

I want something in German though... I throw out the name every damn year and know it won't happen but I still want Helene Fischer to just go in and win! In fact I feel like 2022 could be filled with pretentious ballads and rock attempts, and a proper catchy modern Schlager-Pop would stand out in such a lineup!

Rob

I still can't get over the fact that Germany had one of the coolest entries of 2020 and switched to one of the most stupid entries in 2021... like why!? xshrug

I want something in German though... I throw out the name every damn year and know it won't happen but I still want Helene Fischer to just go in and win! In fact I feel like 2022 could be filled with pretentious ballads and rock attempts, and a proper catchy modern Schlager-Pop would stand out in such a lineup!
Maybe we need help from all other countries participating: Every single country writes at least 5 seconds of the song and then we mix it together. Can't get worse... :unsure:

Rob

We really need something like the Melodifestivalen in Germany, it's boring how it actually is...

A-lister

Veteran
Maybe we need help from all other countries participating: Every single country writes at least 5 seconds of the song and then we mix it together. Can't get worse... :unsure:

Your 2021 entry almost sounded like that so... no .... :lol:

Problem is that German broadcaster doesn't believe in Germany itself...

• Say Yay
Reactions: Rob

I bims

Veteran
Bland or not, it's not on the awful level of most German ESC entries :lol:
Well... These are chart topping hits in Germany right now :censored:

Lona

Give me something creative, sincere, out-of-the-box, .... something interesting that reaches me, that makes me feel something different than "ewww" or "meh". Preferably in German as long as it is NO SCHLAGER.
I also want a song in German. I wouldn't even mind a Schlager song, though I am really not a Schlager fan. A good Schlager will be at least successful and popular in Germany. I think it is just pathetic to send a song to the ESC which doesn't even have success at home. When Germans don't even like their entry, why should the rest of Europe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom