(We used to be the rockstars)
(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vondenburg

I saw a report about "Her Tree" in a news programme yesterday and instantly fell in love with her music... with the right performance (ok, Germany and right performance wasn´t the perfect match in the past) this could work very well at Eurovision

I like the music, but I fear that we get something like JOCO 2016 on stage, and that was realy bad.:confused:

Mainshow

Veteran
Powerwolf would be massive! They are such a powerhouse in the metal scene.

Unfortunately, our broadcaster isn't brave enough to come up with such brilliance.

Maybe we can find another mediocre vegan student with zero stage presence for 2022 somewhere.

Grinch

These 2 songs were in WorldVision and they are pretty good imo. How about something like that?

• Scream
Reactions: Rob

Jay25

Here we go again Germany... To be honest, my hope is already lost when reading words like "100 people expert jury"... I mean, it didn't work out the last time, and your experts seemed to have been pretty impressed..

I think it would be time to send in some quality song, but nothing "artificial" made for some newbie singer for eurovision. Best case scenario: Someone professional.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Here we go again Germany... To be honest, my hope is already lost when reading words like "100 people expert jury"... I mean, it didn't work out the last time, and your experts seemed to have been pretty impressed..

I think it would be time to send in some quality song, but nothing "artificial" made for some newbie singer for eurovision. Best case scenario: Someone professional.

I still think they wouldn't have chosen Jendrik if it weren't for Dadi... they probably had the though process along the lines of - uu so Iceland seems to be at the top of the betting odds with something quirky and Jendrik is quirky - let's send him! I bet this is what happened - I see no other explaination for it especially because Germany always goes for safe entries and they year they don't - they end up with their worst entry ever.

Franzilein

Sure it's pop, I am a basic pop music lover but pop can still be interesting. And yeah I would love something special because it's a stage show. We won't do better with a song that is meant to be background noise like "Tanzen". And just because we haven't done it doesn't mean it will work. A few year prior some people suggested an entry that doesn't take itself too seriously would do well for Germany. Well. It didn't.

As long as the song is uninteresting the language won't matter as well. Just because the Top 3 this year were songs in their native language doesn't mean that's now automatically a recipe for a better result. Spain always sings in spanish and they are still in the bottom.

You call it background noise, but I would love to have something more laid-back and chill, with a performer who evokes that feeling :lol: Sisters were a cringefest at the final sadly, Ben looked super shy and stiff, Jendrik was a happy goofball.

Spain sends songs in Spanish every year. But then again, there's also Italy. Works both ways really. Our last one in German was in 2007 (RIP Roger); with a jazz piece when no juries were around. Didn't say singing in German would be a success also, but it would definitely be something new from us.

EDIT: Last year we had these boys with this song in contention – liked it even better than Violent Thing when I found it out. Uh Baby Baby ~ They also specifically mentioned they were favoured by one of our juries, would have loved to know which one.

Last edited:

abenteuer

No way our "expert" juries would go for it, but I really think we should send someone big from our hip hop scene.
Not only something like this would burn the stage down... xqueenbitch It would also bring a lot of publicity in new, younger groups which seems desperately needed.

I also think a lot of these artists would have an actual vision for a good and fitting visual presentation.

I totally agree that Germany should send a rap artist with name recognition. Unpopular opinion here but Shirin David would be a damn good choice. I understand that not everyone likes her, but she really does serve top quality for what she is trying to do. Plus her brand of feminism would certainly be an interesting contrast to other woman empowerment entries which have been popular in recent years.

It would be bold as HELL to send her to Eurovision. But of course there is no way Germany would have the sense to take a risk on something that's actually worth it.

I bims

Veteran
It would be bold as HELL to send her to Eurovision. But of course there is no way Germany would have the sense to take a risk on something that's actually worth it.
You know that the artists have to perform live and we won't just play a music video? That chick has zero stage presence or actual rapping abilities.
If we send a rapper, someone with actual talent would be better. Maybe GReeeN, his music has mass appeal and he is very charismatic.

abenteuer

You know that the artists have to perform live and we won't just play a music video? That chick has zero stage presence or actual rapping abilities.

Real question -- how do we know this? I thought Shirin David never actually rapped live? I could definitely believe she can't pull off her schtick live though...

VirginiaVision

Imo, Germany needs to take back the opportunity they let slip away before Slovenia beats them to it. SEND BEN DOLIC. He's a gem with a unique voice that works well with modern pop music. He clearly has interest in doing Eurovision, and it would be foolish for the two countries he has connections with to pass him up.

missbones

Foreign people usually love German pop, i think you guys should really accept that and move on :ROFLMAO: it takes just a moment to read comments under Clueso's or Mark Foster's videos to see that we really enjoy that kind of music, no matter how basic it can sound. It's the same for me with Spanish music with latin sounds, i don't enjoy it, personally (once you understand the meaning of the lyrics most of them sound cringy, for example), but i accept that people can see its appeal and it's fine by me.

Anyway, i don't really understand the need of a discussion when there are bands and songs like this one out there. This could be SO good live... it's not that deep.

missbones

I can't believe he was interested in ESC and NDR didn't fight for him to go for it (on the contrary...). His last album is amazing and he has such a great personality.

Last edited:

Franzilein

This was interesting.

shameless

I am so happy for Ann-Sophie getting her redemption arc on The Voice. It was really not nice what happened to her back in 2016. Finally she can proof what she's capable of.

Vondenburg

hi there!
lasse is back in escunitedtown. xqueenbitch
i got the moves.xcheeri think,stuff like this is not the badest thing for germany.:cool:xcheers

Btw. in a recent interview they got asked about the ESC and they said they could see them at the ESC in the future and they know that songs are only permitted if they are published after 01.09. (We got the moves ist published at 03.09.)

Top Bottom