(We used to be the rockstars)

Remembering gets so hard
When time is moving so fast
Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
I found Hallo Velt interesting. A nice proposal in german.
Why not.
The other ones seemed a bit all the same, maybe Anxiety somehow more groovy. But I have to listen them more.
By now Hallo Velt all the way.
I hate the lyrics.

It´s basically all about "She´s being online on TikTok, Instagram all the time - trying to get the Kim Kardashian look" and "he has been looking for sex in clubs".

Sammy

Veteran
The only song I like in this selection would be Alive. The rest ist just completely forgettable.

mauve

Veteran
Let's go :

1. Malik Harris - Rockstars (10/10)
2. Emily Roberts - Soap (10/10)
3. Nico Suave & Team Liebe - Hallo Velt (9/10)

4. Eros Atomus - Alive (9/10)
5. Felicia Liu - Anxiety (8/10)
6. Maël & Jonas - I Swear To God (5/10)

@mauve I was wrong, I absolutely love Rockstars :lol:
:cry::cry::cry: You are too good to be true. At least person who loves this section. This sentence coming from someone who is utterly disappointed. Bless you! xkiss

FabiESC

My Ranking...

1st Rockstars 8/10
2nd Hallo Welt 8/10
3rd Aniexty 7/10
4th Soap 6/10
5th I swear to god 5/10
6th alive 1/10

Normally, i don't give comments and only posting my ranking, but now i want to say something....
First of all, i'm pretty happy that Eskimo Callboy isn't the NF, i'm pretty sure after Italy won with rock, it's like a copy doing this one year later also this never work at the ESC. See Cascada, everyone sad it would be copy of Loreen, but Cascada was one of the Fan faves and at the end she was in the Bottom 5. I'm pretty sure Eskimo Callboy would be there,too.

To our songs from the NF, there is no winning song, that's right but there are also not bad and i think there are some songs with great potential and think there are more eurovision then Sisters, Jendrik or Levina.
I feel bad for the artists, who must see this comments from the german fans, they are destroy and in my eyes not justified. I think in other NF's there are much badder songs then our NF. I fully understand why big stars, don't won't go to ESC for us, because of such inappropriate comments. I feel really bad for the artists, because it's 100% clear we are in the Bottom 5, but not maybe because of the song (depends what we will send), because of this bad atomsphere that comes from Germany. I know the NDR makes often also mistakes, but i think it's hard for them to try to suit everybody, if there so many bad comments.
For me it was right choice bring the NF back, i finding it totally ok to go with more safe songs in the race, then risk something. I think we can not expect starting from zero to have a NF with six winner songs. Only Raab could do this, but this was in the end good luck.
For ESC i hope for the Artists that could get a good result, but for us as country we deserve to be in Bottom 5.

GermanBango

I find the lyrics of "Hallo Welt" borderline offensive taking the current global situation into account.
Like duh, sorry we are so down during the worst crisis in generations. xcrazy

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I‘m starting to smell a big scam. I‘m pretty sure by now the NDR wanted exactly these artists and the rest was cannon fodder. And the people who applied for the jury were asked about exactly these kinds of songs to make sure they‘d vote for them. Especially now that they want to push the artists on radio stations big time, they knew exactly what kind of songs the average German listens to. This is a huge F you to Eurovision, they don’t even care at this point, they just want radio promo for their babies.

midnightsun

Veteran
Unpopular opinion: I hate myself but let aside these utterly trashy lyrics „Hallo Welt“ is actually the best of this 18 minutes shitshow. 1 point for them, rest zero.

Sammy

Veteran
I find the lyrics of "Hallo Welt" borderline offending taking the current global situation into account.
Like duh, sorry we are so down during the worst crisis in generations. xcrazy
I imagine the writing process: a bunch social pedagogues and first year waldorf-school-trainees had a brainstorming for a rainy-day-program for 10-12 year old kids in the last youth camp of the summer season before school restarts.

Zeus

Meh, all songs are so cheezy and childish to me. Junior Eurovision would fit these songs better. If I had to choose something it would be Anxiety.

Also the only song I can see getting a decent result, maybe along with Rockstars. Maybe some teenage girls will vote for that.

Sammy

Veteran
My Ranking...

1st Rockstars 8/10
2nd Hallo Welt 8/10
3rd Aniexty 7/10
4th Soap 6/10
5th I swear to god 5/10
6th alive 1/10

Normally, i don't give comments and only posting my ranking, but now i want to say something....
First of all, i'm pretty happy that Eskimo Callboy isn't the NF, i'm pretty sure after Italy won with rock, it's like a copy doing this one year later also this never work at the ESC. See Cascada, everyone sad it would be copy of Loreen, but Cascada was one of the Fan faves and at the end she was in the Bottom 5. I'm pretty sure Eskimo Callboy would be there,too.

To our songs from the NF, there is no winning song, that's right but there are also not bad and i think there are some songs with great potential and think there are more eurovision then Sisters, Jendrik or Levina.
I feel bad for the artists, who must see this comments from the german fans, they are destroy and in my eyes not justified. I think in other NF's there are much badder songs then our NF. I fully understand why big stars, don't won't go to ESC for us, because of such inappropriate comments. I feel really bad for the artists, because it's 100% clear we are in the Bottom 5, but not maybe because of the song (depends what we will send), because of this bad atomsphere that comes from Germany. I know the NDR makes often also mistakes, but i think it's hard for them to try to suit everybody, if there so many bad comments.
For me it was right choice bring the NF back, i finding it totally ok to go with more safe songs in the race, then risk something. I think we can not expect starting from zero to have a NF with six winner songs. Only Raab could do this, but this was in the end good luck.
For ESC i hope for the Artists that could get a good result, but for us as country we deserve to be in Bottom 5.
No! You're not really trying to put EC and Maneskin in the same box! Or are you????

Storm

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of vibing to "I Swear To God". :ROFLMAO: But I'm aware that this would not do well.

ayzelto

I like both Rockstars and Anxiety, they are both pretty decent and may get some points (maybe). However, we all know none of these songs would be close to the top 10, and it’s pretty sad coming for such a big country as Germany (the same would apply to Spain and the UK).
Moreover, I don’t agree with some opinions I read about Germany getting bad results just because it’s Germany, just remember that despite getting last places several times, they have also been in the top 10 four times in the last decade, which is not bad at all.

nudiecrudi

I hate the lyrics.

It´s basically all about "She´s being online on TikTok, Instagram all the time - trying to get the Kim Kardashian look" and "he has been looking for sex in clubs".
I was rooting for a song in German, love the sound of the language, and with certain type of music it fits perfectly.
And wanted badly to close the mouth of all those people saying Germany, sorry 0 points. Hated that
A pity the choice wasn't wider.

Datura

Somehow, the rap part in "Rockstars" reminds me of Eminem's "Stan"?

totally!! i absolutely hear that too.

apart from that: do u guys really think the song is that bad? i really find it decent, nothing to be ashamed of adn (as i said before) my clear favourite in the preselection

Top Bottom