Wish there was a way to know that we're in
The good old days before we all just leave 'em​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
4 out of 6 televoting points are from Germans voting for themselves

Ezio

Veteran
A pity Luxemburg isnt part of Eurovision family anymore. That would be an easy pick up for televoting points. With organized bus tours, cheese and wine.

Poor Switzerland is so rich, they dont need to emigrate. And their Inflation is only at 2.5%

Realest

His career is over.
Nothing goes anymore.
He wont recover.
He shouldnt even try.

midnightsun

Veteran
lol he just started his tour…

But talking about tour… Electric Callboy throwing shade :ROFLMAO: They posted a videoclip from their current tour which has been massive so far, people from all over the world going wild.

They wrote this on Instagram about the videoclip (which was published the morning after the ESC):

"Here is our 'not suitable for radio' song Pump It live in Hannover in front of almost 5000 people. Enjoy. ;)"

mauve

Veteran

But talking about tour… Electric Callboy throwing shade :ROFLMAO: They posted a videoclip from their current tour which has been massive so far, people from all over the world going wild.

They wrote this on Instagram about the videoclip (which was published the morning after the ESC):

"Here is our 'not suitable for radio' song Pump It live in Hannover in front of almost 5000 people. Enjoy. ;)"
Guess EC are TRUE "rockstars"! :ROFLMAO:

GermanBango

Sounds like mayor butthurt to me but ok.
For all I care let them enter the next NF and hopefully they will fall flat on their faces. If these pricks are supposed to be our great saviors then all I can say is "good night". But who knows maybe they will come up with an actually good song until next year ... maybe ... anything is possible in this day and age.

midnightsun

Veteran
Don’t think they‘re butthurt. They are extremely successful, I have seen videos of their tour… no matter if Germany, UK, France, Poland… people are rocking as hell. Eurovision would not make them more successful, but it could have harmed them. I think they just wanted to enjoy such an event and, if successful, bring the ESC joy back to Germany and save our country.
Of course they had to write something like that ;) - I would have been surprised if they didn’t… kinda expected it of them after their rejection video. They are just funny.

GermanBango

Funny ... yea. Well it`s great then. They don`t need Eurovision and Eurovision does definitely not need them either. Let them have their "super successful" tours. Good for them.
A lot of German Eurovision fans are so desperately hoping for "something different" that they seem to forget that being different is not enough to do well in the contest itself. Nothing else matters if the song is garbage. With that being said the NDR has lots of homework to do ... which they will obviously just ignore as usual.

mauve

Veteran
Have you seen how our "jury member #3" voted? - Wikipdia names Michelle as 3rd position (?):

Semi final 2:
#1 :ge:
#2 :ee:
[... ]
#6 :pl:
[...]
#15 :be:

Grand Final:
#1 :au:
#2 :az:
#3 :ch:
#4 :ro:
#5 :be:
[...]
#14 :ee:
[...]
#21 :is:
#22 :lt:
#23 :pl:
#24 :rs:

Wow. I have no words.
OMG. Seriously??? What else can we expect from Michelle anyway? The only thing I agree on with her is Georgia!

midnightsun

Veteran
Have you seen how our "jury member #3" voted? - Wikipdia names Michelle as 3rd position (?)

In the aftershow she said how "dumb" the Norwegian song was, that was the moment I doubted her sanity. Of course you can dislike a song but as a jury member you should be open for all kind of songs and not doing some random votes, like her. It’s always suspicious when people vote so differently from the semi to the final. Of course there are more songs in the final but why would someone rank a song high in the semi and another one low and in the final it’s the other way around?

Deleted member 12761

Well now that I have taken my chill pill I want to announce that I'm against withdrawing from the contest, lol. If this isn't a wake up call for our broadcaster tho then nothing can help us anymore. I find the medias reaction very interesting. Even our populist Bildzeitung (Germanys Dailymail) hasn't attacked the Contest and instead the NDR and our HOD. In previous years there were a lot of negative comments about Eurovision but this year the media is defending the Contest and is coming for our broadcaster instead. I've also read some good articles about the Contest and them explaining how other countries chose their music acts (Melfest, Sanremo and even Bernidom was mentioned). This is good and I hope the NDR finally listens.

I prefer NFs so I hope we continue having one but with more acts and with a timeless concept. Stop changing it every year. "Unser Song für..." was good and they should've worked with that.

Navn Navnes

Have you seen how our "jury member #3" voted? - Wikipdia names Michelle as 3rd position (?):

Semi final 2:
#1 :ge:
#2 :ee:
[... ]
#6 :pl:
[...]
#15 :be:

Grand Final:
#1 :au:
#2 :az:
#3 :ch:
#4 :ro:
#5 :be:
[...]
#14 :ee:
[...]
#21 :is:
#22 :lt:
#23 :pl:
#24 :rs:

Wow. I have no words.
Love Georgia at 1, but the rest shows why we maybe should remove the juries, or maybe give them less than 50% power.

Mainshow

Veteran
Love Georgia at 1, but the rest shows why we maybe should remove the juries, or maybe give them less than 50% power.

I fail to see why individuals who have just watched the show (and one recap) have to come up with a whole ranking of all entries - something WE - as dedicated fans - need WEEKS for to prepare/practice.

Placing :pl: second-to-last after placing it #6 in the semi (especially after that jury member lost higher-ranked entries from that semi) feels super strange - especially since Ochman´s performance was basically the same.
Jury members are simply not able to rank the songs in a professional way. #23 or #11 doesn´t matter to them. They´re feeling pressured for time, they need to have their rankings ready shortly after the recap (That´s what Matt and other accreditated fans said) - I´m pretty sure some of them don´t even really remember how the songs sound like they put in their lower Top 10.

If EBU wants to hold onto the juries, they clearly should ask them to rank their personal Top 10 only.

midnightsun

Veteran
Of course we won’t withdraw, I think at the moment (correct me if I‘m wrong, maybe someone has numbers) the ESC is still a win for the ARD, even after subtracting the costs.

Franzilein

Why are we discussing Michelle's ranking again? That woman shags with her daughter's boyfriend and dresses like a teenager as a 50-year old woman, it's obvious she is a little out of it, to put it mildly :lol:

Top Bottom