I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
Laka (that Bosnian entry) was miles better than this earbleeder. But yeah it was somewhat childish I concur but those other songs were not. This is borderline a joke entry and I detested all of those (safe for Verka Serduchka maybe).
you see - that‘s the whole issue here: we constantly mix up notions as „better“ (which are quality judgements and insinuate an objectibe view of things) with taste, which is a subjective thing. In other words we make judgments of taste AS IF they were objective judgements.
If you ask me, I would probably also say: this is way better than that Laka trash. But that doesn‘t help much, does it?
What I like to know is, if there is a (psychological ?) reason for our immeadiate emotional reactions to a specific song.

But I‘m getting too philosophical/academic here probably! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Lol who cares about all of that. I think the song sucks because it is invidious: it creates deliberate annoyance when there is none, then cloaks it in passive-aggressiveness and mercenary wokeness.

If that cheers you up, power to you. I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole though.

MAD20

I don't get why so many hate to this song... Germany has brought something different and joyful to a contest in which the difficult situation we're currently through will be protagonist. He has 2 and a half months left to work hard and give us a good performance in Rotterdam. Winner? Of course not. Joke song? Probably. But this is miles better than other joke entries such as UK 2015 or San Marino 2019 for sure. A short breath of fresh air in the final is NEEDED, and this is what Germany is giving us this year.

Sammy

Veteran
I just watched the making-of Hendrik put on youtube and I it's so full of creativity, team spirit, friendship and fun! Hell yes it's amateurish, but it's also raw and real and amazingly well done. Of course I also like videos that are highly professional, that look expensive, but what a fresh piece of anarchic art that is! Well done Jendrik, friends and family!

Iker

Veteran
And the interesting thing is: why do you dislike this kind of childish song whereas you obviously like Laka a lot. I mean - don‘t tell me that wasn‘t also childish. I could also ask myself the same question though because with my taste it‘s exactly the other way round. I haven‘t a clear answer to that, but I find it more interesting than the endless: it‘s great - no it‘s rubbish - exchange (which by the way can get quite childish also. :lol: )
Laka (that Bosnian entry) was miles better than this stinking trash. But yeah it was somewhat childish but those other songs were not. This is borderline joke entry and I detested all of those (safe for Verka Serduchka maybe).
you see - that‘s the whole issue here: we constantly mix up notions as „better“ (which are quality judgements and insinuate an objectibe view of things) with taste, which is a subjective thing. In other words we make judgments of taste AS IF they were objective judgements.
If you ask me, I would probably also say: this is way better than that Laka trash. But that doesn‘t help much, does it?
What I like to know is, if there is a (psychological ?) reason for our immeadiate emotional reactions to a specific song.

But I‘m getting too philosophical/academic here probably! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I agree it is subjective to a large degree, but Laka was a decently-crafted rock (?) song whereas this one strikes me as flat-out ghastly and too cheerful for its own good. I dislike too cheerful things and saccharine things as well. The only redeeming quality for me here is the drop. And it is not the most boring song for sure (Norway and Spain take the cake for me from those released so far), only very annoying and weak one.

Biste

30 seconds into that performance I discovered I have epilepsy. At least they had fun trying to squeeze as many camera cuts in as possible.
Also what a bad playback performance. He didn't even try to pretend he was singing live.

JollityFarm

I can imagine this will get similar reactions to the 2019 Danish entry "Love is Forever". Which is to say, I think a lot of extremely cool kids will be absolutely furious about it, while small children or their grandparents will think it's great. It's okay, but I personally find the video kind of annoying (and I feel bad about that, because the message is good and it's perfectly harmless, but I might end up preferring the live performance).

One thing I do like is that his accent is easily audible on the song. Too many of these singers try to flatten out their accents. If they will insist upon singing in English, they should have something to differentiate their voices from all the other entries.

Sammy

Veteran
Jendrik is someone who really really wants to do eurovision. Not as some artists I could mention who just come here to tell everyone that it‘s crap and they don‘t really want to be here because it‘s below their artisic self image...
We have seen with Nathan Trent that an artist who spreads good vibes and joy for the contest can get a lot of support. So - this will also contribute to a better result for Germany this year than some may expect.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
In the results Nathan Trent got support only from juries though.
Jury members follow the coverage as well. They are also influenced by the personality of the artist. Besides in many countries he was just very narrowly below the point to get also televote points in the final. As far as I remember I also got considerable televote points in the semi.

Again: I rather have artists whose heart burn for the contest than self delusioned ones who have nothing better to do than spread their arrogance towards the contest and their fans.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Because the song was SO BAD! (Sorry. Was my hate-song that year). But Nathan was gorgeous, he‘s such a lovely person, he deserved a better song without such a horrible staging.

Top Bottom