I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
And pop songs weren't really in high place this year, if we add Ben's lack of stage presence I really don't think he would have get better result (to me it's like the UK 2021).
'Violent Thing' though has a better melody. No way it would end up dead last with 0 points. But with some very underwhelming or messy staging, and shaky vocals (very likely for him) it would end up outside top 15.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I liked the song last year but there was a big flop potential with Ben Dolic as a performer I agree. He would have to work very hard preparing for the contest to stand a chance.

true but we do have to realize that that eurovision was canceled on the 18th of March so that means that if it weren't canceled he would have had around 2 months more to prepare... I think not a lot of people are ready to perform on the eurovision stage 2 months before eurovision actually starts... + the stage on which he performed was small with a cheap LED and worse acustic and zero atmosphere - we cannot compare it with the actual stage.

I do agree that he would've not killed the stage and the song was really him but I do also think it's unfair that we judge him based on one performance. And considering his vocals - he finished second on the voice Germany... we know he can sing but maybe not move at the same time (as Roxen)...

still, I would've done better than Jendrik there is no doubt about that. He would've gotten at least 4 points from Slovenia if nothing else hahaha.

Shadowfuxcs

True, all of this acts this year had to film the live on tape before mid-March and it seemed that nobody was satisfied due to lack of time to practise. Most people were carrying on their staging concepts from 2020 so they probably the cancelation came too early for them to rehears properly. If Ben Dolic had two more months and proper staging and camera cuts to work with it would have been all fine and there's no way he would have been close to the bottom 5. Rather Germany would have been in contention for the top 10. And taking in mind the overall positive reception of "violent thing" it seems weird that Germany apparently decided to hate-troll the contest with Jendrik.

Slabsson79

I think tbh eurovision is not popular at all in CZ and Benny didn't even know that you have to work hard to get results... and that's why he said he will return I think - because he learned a lot of things and knows how to handle it... can't wait for his return!
He can return. But as a spokesperson. I hope he will never return as performer, because to be honest, it was a disaster..he had two years, and albeit being sympathetic in the videos, it is a song contest and he failed miserably....even Poland was in front of him! With the apparent rise in quality of songs in the ESC, the perception of the contest starts to change in Czechia...but we will definitely have to have a national live selection...and mainly, the artists start to see the ESC as a valid platform for the music, and that is important!

As for Germany, where I live and work and pay my GEZ: We can be successful...simply pick a solid entry with decent music. Jendrik was bound to fail from the very beginning and I am not really paying the GEZ just for him to have fun in Rotterdam! :LOL: we want POINTS and SIEGE, young man!

MarCi

I'm sad that the song flopped, but I went through its televote results, and it did decently almost everywhere, and avoided Bottom 6 most of the time. I wish the system would be more fair. A song that finishes mid-section in almost all countries deserve more than 25th place.

Germany's Televote Results in the Finale

France - #13
Lithuania - #13

Israel - #14
Norway - #14
Russia - #14
Switzerland - #14
Ukraine - #14

Albania - #15
Austria - #15
Spain - #15
United Kingdom - #15

Bulgaria - #16
Ireland - #16

Georgia - #17
Iceland - #17
Italy - #17
Moldova - #17
Portugal - #17
Slovenia - #17

Cyprus - #18
Estonia - #18
Latvia - #18
Netherlands - #18
Poland - #18
Serbia - #18

Australia - #19
Azerbaijan - #19
Croatia - #19
Finland - #19
Malta - #19

Belgium - #20
Greece - #20

San Marino - #21
Sweden - #21

Romania - #23

North Macedonia - #24

Czech Republic - #TBA
Denmark - #TBA

GermanBango

Well I really don`t know how I`m feeling about Jendrik actually doing much better in the televote than :uk: :es: and :nl: even better than :md: :al: and :be: on average and still getting 0 points. Goes to show that the system is flawed af. (And that`s coming from someone who actually hates the song)

Jopi

Jendrik is one of my fave personalities from this year's contest. He's so bright and positive, love him very much! The song is not really my cup of tea, but it's hella catchy. So sad for the 0 televote, it sucks, when he did actually quite okay with most of the countries. But, he does not feels the hate hopefully. xheart

DanielLuis

Well I really don`t know how I`m feeling about Jendrik actually doing much better in the televote than :uk: :es: and :nl: even better than :md: :al: and :be: on average and still getting 0 points. Goes to show that the system is flawed af. (And that`s coming from someone who actually hates the song)
Sorry, but if a song fails to reach the top 10 of even 1 of 38 different countries it really doesn't have any place to stand on in a "televoting result was unfair" argument.

MarCi

Eh, let's separate the situation from the actual entry. The song didn't finish in Bottom 6 in most countries, it actually finished mid-section. That means it was liked enough by people, it just didn't have Top 10 material passion. I'd say a song that is popular enough to avoid such bad placement in most countries' televote deserve a better overall televote result than 25th. What the the system counts are the passion votes of the Top 10 most popular songs per countries. What the actual audience consensus is that Jendrik's song is not among the best, nor among the worst Eurovision songs of 2021, but around 16th-17th placement. So yes, the 25th televote placement is the official result per rules, but it's not necessarily the fair result.

DanielLuis

Eh, let's separate the situation from the actual entry. The song didn't finish in Bottom 6 in most countries, it actually finished mid-section. That means it was liked enough by people, it just didn't have Top 10 material passion. I'd say a song that is popular enough to avoid such bad placement in most countries' televote deserve a better overall televote result than 25th. What the the system counts are the passion votes of the Top 10 most popular songs per countries. What the actual audience consensus is that Jendrik's song is not among the best, nor among the worst Eurovision songs of 2021, but around 16th-17th placement. So yes, the 25th televote placement is the official result per rules, but it's not necessarily the fair result.
Nah, it would be way too overcomplicated of a system to reward songs all the way from 1st place to 26th place, or average televoting rank, or whatever. Eurovision is watched by 200 million people yearly and not all of them will have a calculater and a pen and paper at hand to understand what the hell is going on, the current system as is complicated is for most of them to grasp anyway.
In my opinion, the bottom line is, if your song doesn't manage to stand out enough to get a single top 10 in such a wide variety of participating countries it deserves 0 points, it is what it is. Be it "I don't feel hate", "Embers", "Birth of a new age" or "Voy a quedarme".

I bims

Veteran
Nah, it would be way too overcomplicated of a system to reward songs all the way from 1st place to 26th place, or average televoting rank, or whatever. Eurovision is watched by 200 million people yearly and not all of them will have a calculater and a pen and paper at hand to understand what the hell is going on, the current system as is complicated is for most of them to grasp anyway.
In my opinion, the bottom line is, if your song doesn't manage to stand out enough to get a single top 10 in such a wide variety of participating countries it deserves 0 points, it is what it is. Be it "I don't feel hate", "Embers", "Birth of a new age" or "Voy a quedarme".
I agree!
If we want quality in the contest we should not reward mediocrity. Simple as that.

Top Bottom