I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Esgard

Speaking of interviews, this Eurovoxx interview reveals from the 13:28 mark that one of the dancers seen with The Roop in their 2020 and 2021 Eurovision entries is also working with Jendrik for his Eurovision performance.

Besides dancing with The Roop, Marijanas Staniulėnasis is also one of the choreographers behind those dance moves The Roop have done in their 2020 and 2021 entries.

So that's an interesting connection.

mauve

Veteran
Speaking of interviews, this Eurovoxx interview reveals from the 13:28 mark that one of the dancers seen with The Roop in their 2020 and 2021 Eurovision entries is also working with Jendrik for his Eurovision performance.

Besides dancing with The Roop, Marijanas Staniulėnasis is also one of the choreographers behind those dance moves The Roop have done in their 2020 and 2021 entries.

So that's an interesting connection.
Jendrik also made his back-up video in Lithuania. :) That's why I think that his stage performance will lift up his song definitely.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yes and the choreographer appears on the stage with The Roop. Totally no collusion at all here, totally, totally legit and safe for Germany.

Ezio

Veteran
Collusion! Devince yourself!

Phoenix

Well this entry thinks it's very clever: if it by some miracle does well it will be because "people appreciated its joyful and upbeat nature which is very much welcome in times like these" and if it fails it will be because it's intentionally bad (and this is done in such a forced way too). A win-win situation, no? Stop it, song, stop IT! This is really bad and for sure the biggest downgrade since last year. Only Denmark is worse.

Ladynoir

This song is cute, it's a bundle of joy. It's not in my top 10 but yet I could see myself dropping a vote or two during the grand final just because of how happy it makes me feel.

Don't get me wrong, I will not predict a top 10 but I don't see why so many fans are selling Jendrik as a sure dead last place. No one else is taking the funny-joke slot this year (no one does lately aside from Romania in 2017) and Jendrik is playing with it well. I could see the regular viewers vibing to it at least enough to avoid a bottom 5 (maybe 10).

Remisan

This song is cheerful, light and uplifting. The lyrics are simple, but for a funny song it is quite meaningful, it has an idea. The singer is cute and charming.

I like it. Maybe not so much that I often listened to it, but it definitely sounds nice and I hope for a bright performance (y)

I think the variety of songs and genres this year is great. And the song of Germany doesn't get lost at all against the background of others.

Last edited:

Remisan

If you were to rank your top 5 favourite German entries from 2012-2021 how would you do that?

For me
1. 2020 (sigh, for the first time since 2011 I stanned for Germany as Violent Thing was my no 3 based on studio versions after entries from Azerbaijan and Switzerland) and we know well what happened)
2. 2018
3. 2015
4. 2014
5. 2016
2012 was kinda nice, but too forgettable for my liking.

1. 2021 - because it is catchy and funny
2. 2015
3. 2016
4. 2018
5. 2020 (high quality, but his voice is not my cup of tea)

To be honest, I would like to hear the song in German next year. ;) German sounds great, especially if it is German rock

Luffy

I just watched some of his Instagram post on the Eurovision channel and I must confess this guy is completely immune to my usually powerful gaydar.

I can't decide if he is gay or straight.

Carlkva

I just watched some of his Instagram post on the Eurovision channel and I must confess this guy is completely immune to my usually powerful gaydar.

I can't decide if he is gay or straight.
He's gay, he's mentioned multiple times that he has a boyfriend in interviews

marty

I think he should have sung his song in German. Musically this is very German. With English lyrics it will not attract that many people. I appreciate that Germany will bring diversity to the contest but I just cant imagine that juries will vote for such a song, even not 20 years ago. Jendriks asset is definitely not his voice, but his charisma and energy. thats why he will get a few points from the televotes. I guess in the end it will be between 17 and 22.

revallsay

Jendrik - I Don't Feel Hate - Germany

I think this song is few years late. It could be successful when songs with sax vibes were trendy. Now it feels old and weird. Part in german is nice, as I lvoe thing language in songs xqueenbitch Well, it is cheerful and give you a positive vibes, but it doesn't stands out. But I don't hate it xd

3/12

mauve

Veteran
Jendrik - I Don't Feel Hate - Germany

I think this song is few years late. It could be successful when songs with sax vibes were trendy. Now it feels old and weird. Part in german is nice, as I lvoe thing language in songs xqueenbitch Well, it is cheerful and give you a positive vibes, but it doesn't stands out. But I don't hate it xd

3/12
People may like or not like the song, but one thing is for sure: the song will definitely stand out, it's quite different from the other entries. Jendrik took the risky way whereas many others just chose the safe way. And: "The song is a few years late". You can say that about at least half of the songs. Many going back to the 80's or the 2000.

Top Bottom