I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

Can I say I hate more after hearing this entry? This is such a messy and amateur composition, I mean I can sorta live with the cheesy chorus and verses and while they sound like something from a children's show, there is something stupidly catchy (although I can barely understand what he tries to sing), but then the "rock-ish" breakdowns come in that don't fit at all and just gives you a headache on top of the childishness, it's such a bad match sonically. I can't believe Germany went from sending one of the most current Pop tracks in 2020 to this? I still don't understand how a big country like Germany can't send something more competent to the contest, the entry in its current form sounds like an ESC joke entry from the mid 00's. It's a bottom 10 for me and the only reason I rank some entries lower is because this at least has some sort of identity (not a particular good one, but still something), but with that said it's still a very bad song.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • This is a goofy entry.
  • I like the ukulele.
THE BAD:
  • This is a goofy entry.
  • This is such an un-German entry.
THE VERDICT:

This entry by Germany sounds like a joke entry rather than a serious song. While it might attract some folks, it is a long shot as far as winning it all. This is an "I gave up" entry in my ears. If this song wasn't already in the Final, I don't think it would've qualified. While it is a happy-go-lucky song, this might be my bathroom break song. Maybe next year, Germans. 5 points

Iker

Veteran
Sorry but how on earth can this be picked to Eurovision? This is the worst song of the year. I cannot stand the production, the melody and the lyrics. :0: points.
Germany you can do better!
He is lucky he is a sweetheart and legit fan of the contest.

Oh and it does not hurt that he's handsome.

That is what I like about this choice for :de:.

The biggest downgrade compared to last year for me. From a total bop in my personal top 3 to this.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Ben Dolic definitely had a contemporary song, but absolutely zero charisma on stage. Jendrik's song is not for everyone, but he will show much more stage presence, I think. And when I look at myself, I listen to Jendrik's song quite much actually, more than any German entry of the past years. But we all know it's quite controversial and I understand everyone who doesn't like it. ;)

escEndre

Hi everyone!

Check out our digital interview with fantastic Jendrik here, and please help us grow on YouTube by subscribe our YouTube-channel!
a

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran

this song was probably in the selection yet they didn't pick it.. seriously who are these people on the jury.. rejecting one of the actual artists in Germany with a very decent song that would be close to my top 10 for an artist and a song that is basically a joke and is my last place.. no words..

rasmuslights

Veteran

this song was probably in the selection yet they didn't pick it.. seriously who are these people on the jury.. rejecting one of the actual artists in Germany with a very decent song that would be close to my top 10 for an artist and a song that is basically a joke and is my last place.. no words..

and before anyone responds with "this is boring" - I'd rather take boring, credible and something that would build the reputation of the contest in Germany than something that is memorable, but lacks any quality and will hurt the reputation of the contest..

I bims

Veteran
Well May is approaching and this song has still not popped off on Tick-Tock as some people that voted for this had hoped. It's SURPRISINGLY not the next "Think about Things". Who could've seen THAT coming?!

I just hope this flops, so they won't repeat this.

Realest

Where do these Rumours come from?

midnightsun

Veteran
Like Jendrik explains in the interview... they actually casted only well-known German artists or people from The Voice and other casting shows before he tried to apply via TikTok but I really wonder... who wants to hear them? I don’t get it. It would mean another Jamie Lee Levina Roman Lob song! These songs are anything but exciting. I‘m so bored of that pseudo-intellectual German pop music! It’s maybe what the German audience listens to but not Europe. I think we did have a chance with Ben Dolic who had a good song but I‘m sure he would not have delivered live.
So why back to the boring roots? I‘m so happy they were daring to send Jendrik. Why would we want to win? I don’t think Germany‘s biggest goal is to win the trophy. ESC and Germany are connected so deeply, it actually doesn’t matter what we send. We still have great viewing figures even if they went down a bit the past years, we are a permanent member and yes, I wish we would send something different so we won’t be last all the time. But it’s not because we‘re low in the ranking - it’s more like with what songs we‘re going last. Not the last place is to worry about but the song. Be courageous! Yvonne Catterfeld isn’t courageous. But to each their own! :)

harey

I believe he will get a good televote score if staging is okay. It's not "musically" my favourite but I listen to it a lot and it got so easily stuck in my head, I can see people voting for that.

Top Bottom