1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

BorisBubbles

Veteran
hmpf. Maybe I am too hopeful of an internal selection's chance, but still, I'd like to hope for the best. (even though I'm expecting the worst, like always with Germany :-/). The last one gave is one of the best songs in the decade, so...

HayashiM

Veteran
Anything in German, if possible not super bland, would do it for me. Is that too much to ask?

I don't think it's the final part of the selection process that's to blame, I do quite like the idea of multiple panels, though I prefer the Sanremo style. I gave the final German selection a go at three separate occasions and all of those songs were really dull, with the small exception of Lily's Surprise, that would still place at about 30-35th place in my Eurovision ranking. 80% of Melfest / Sanremo / Destination Eurovision's top 10 would win ULfI for me. So in my opinion, the problem is in the songwriting camp. How can you narrow 1000 people down to this final product... is really beyond me.

Realest

Anything in German, if possible not super bland, would do it for me. Is that too much to ask?

Yes, it is :lol:
Will never happen again probably.

Alaska49

Realest

Chingiz singing "Truth", "Milim" and "Arcade" (feat. Elina Nechayeva) for those who are interested.

Realest

Elina Nechayeva singing "Scream", a Random austrian Song from the 60s, "Kuula"and "La Forza" for those who are interested:

Mainshow

Veteran
Chingiz is a very talented singer and I appreciate his artistry but I don't think that his voice is distinctive enough. Strangely, I can't connect with him and his entry "Truth" is the only Azerbaijani entry which didn't make it into my Top 10 since 2008.

Elina is flawless, though. What a voice. She really did shine when she was accompanied by the orchestra.

missbones

Currently obsessed with them, they always have this positive vibe while dealing with important topics, also her voice is the sweetest xheart

HayashiM

Veteran
Currently obsessed with them, they always have this positive vibe while dealing with important topics, also her voice is the sweetest xheart

This is pure gold. I have been searching for some songs in German so I can learn German faster and their (clearly pronounced) songs seem perfect for that. Plus I really dig the music style as well. Thanks a lot!

Realest

New Single of Aly Ryan.

Sisters Musiccareer already ended as it seems.

tuorem

Sisters Musiccareer already ended as it seems.

Ended? Did it even start? :lol:

Aly Ryan named her new song that way for a reason... :mrgreen:

I hope there won't be any shady wildcard act coming out of the blue next year. Also, no songwriting camp with the same old tired composers from Denmark, Finland and whatnot.

Could Germans try not to start the new decade by picking a 100% chanceless entry? We need fresh blood and common sense.

I mean you can send an original song and still place 24th eventually, so why not just do that? :mrgreen: At least more people would care about effort.

Preuss

Is Aly Ryan bitter about the fact that she didn't win or the fact that Sisters won? Anyway she's amazing and is, from what I've seen since the German NF, very eager to go to Eurovision one day and she likes the contest

Top Bottom