3 1.7%

1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Daybreak

Honestly, I was always confused how even when Germany has potential to send something interesting or by a popular artist, they tend to mess it up. Like how Scooter, out of all artists, was an option but wasn't picked in 2004 in favor of some relatively generic song (at least he actually did pretty well in the contest I think) or that both Monrose's and No Angels' Eurovision-oriented songs were boring and unremarkable compared to their usual output.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Honestly, I was always confused how even when Germany has potential to send something interesting or by a popular artist, they tend to mess it up. Like how Scooter, out of all artists, was an option but wasn't picked in 2004 in favor of some relatively generic song (at least he actually did pretty well in the contest I think) or that both Monrose's and No Angels' Eurovision-oriented songs were boring and unremarkable compared to their usual output.

It's absolutely criminal how this didn't go to Eurovision.

Citelis

Well, the fans in :uk: say this for quite some time already, don´t you think?? ;)
You are right but not everything UK sent the last decade was as terrible as people say. Its true that UK looks a lost case but people
exaggerate.

ChrisOL

The song could be written by Linnea Deb, as she is now following Daniel Schuhmacher on Instagram. Someone mentioned it on esc-kompakt.de. So maybe it's also Daniel Schuhmacher :unsure:

Mrm

Veteran
It's not late to correct the mistake, pick Scooter internally for Rotterdam..

CPV4931

Btw. Till Lindemann has a Tourwindow between start of April (End of Lindemann-Tour) and end of May (Start of Rammstein-Tour). Lindemann has a 3 Minutes-Song on their current LP from September 2019.

I know. Hell will be frozen over before the NDR would select something like that, but I think it is still worth mentioning. ;)

And Lindemann somehow has Eurovision connection http://www.frivolette.com/art/acting/svetlana-loboda-named-daughter-after-till-lindemann ;-)

Mrm

Veteran
Maybe to do Darude and Dr Alban, reunite Mr.President for Rotterdam! 90's rulz... xlove xheart

Mainshow

Veteran
Pre-recorded live show on channel ONE on 27th February.

The entry will be revealed in a show which will be running for 45 minutes. No live show, no national final and it will be shown on one of the least popular broadcasters. I guess, this means that we won't be facing a successful or well-established artist as our representative.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Wikipedia page about ONE says
On 29 July 2016 WDR announced that from early September 2016 Einsfestival would be rebranded as One and become a channel specifically aimed at viewers aged between 30 and 49.

I have a Bad feeling about this

Realest

I have a Feeling it will be better than expected.

Vondenburg

The entry will be revealed in a show which will be running for 45 minutes. No live show, no national final and it will be shown on one of the least popular broadcasters. I guess, this means that we won't be facing a successful or well-established artist as our representative.
"zeitversetzte Livesendung".
So I think we will see the live show on Eurovision.de, like the Song Checks.

shameless

This is sad and worrying at the same time. All my lifetime I think our NF was never aired somewhere outside of our prime channel ARD. I don't know why the responsibles are still left in power. Its just a freaking disaster a decade after our glorioust moment this became such a non-event. With that being said on the 2nd of February it will be ten years since USFO kicked off and we were introduced to Lena. Better times it was back then in every sort of way. :cry:

Last edited:
Top Bottom