escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Alaska49

upgraded from 7 to 8

still not confident it can get germany a big big result tho

midnightsun

Veteran
He's not just an artist that was chosen for ESC and did not know anything about the ESC apart from "uh..oh... yeah... I've been watching since 2018 and I liked Toy, it's my favourite winner"... unless some participants in the past. He's really a Eurovision FAN and it was his dream to be part of the ESC one day. He started watching when he was very young and he would even sing Lordi as a kid :LOL:
I really hope they are keeping him because he deserves it as an artist, no matter the song.

Franzilein

Blows. The one time we don't suck and have a promising artist & song... poor Ben, really do hope he will represent us next year as well.

Staewi

NDR usually uses the first opportunity to ditch their artists after ESC (well, apart from the successful ones :lol:). Even though he did good with fans and odds, I think the expectations for the chart performance were higher. Right now he is on #147 on iTunes which probably equals like two sales. :lol: The airplay is also only slowly improving.
I wouldn't count out we see Ben again next year, but I also wouldn't bet on it.

hijirio

Veteran
I really loved Germany and would root for them winning the whole thing, that happens like once in 10 years. I'm so sad. Hope they keep the song and artist for next year.

Realest

The Songchecks will be postponed until the ESC Week.

crashworld

Veteran
I do hope Ben Dolic will be kept as the 2021 artist. It seems like the broadcaster/delegation is very hopeful on keeping him.
It's a pity we will never get to see the performance of "Violent Thing" on ESC stage. It's one of entries I am looking forward to in this year's supposed competition.

hungo

I am confident that germany will keep their entry for next year. they will hardly find a better song.

mauve

Veteran
That's what I also pity. I really would have loved to see THAT song performed on stage. But I think IF they keep Ben for next year, it probably will be another song ...? I don't know how the countries that will keep their artists will do it ... keep the song also or find another one? That will be interesting.

Petar

German fans have nothing to worry about this year. Just sit back and enjoy.
When I said this I didn't mean sit back, you're not going to Eurovision anyway... Omg.

I feel so sorry about this entry. It deserves to be on the ESC stage more than anything...

A-lister

Veteran
This song ̶i̶̶s̶ would have been by far the best german entry ever....I am so sorry for our dear neighbors :cry::cry:

Interesting, I find it the best German entry, by far, since 2011... clearly one of the best entries this year and one of the "losses" of this being cancelled.

Top Bottom