3 1.7%

1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Franzilein

Doron Medalie is a man! He is bald and yes he was indeed interviewed.

Oops, my bad. That's what a fever does to your brain :lol: //

On another note, the yearly reaction/analysis video to our ESC entry of one of my favourite youtubers.

LMLandLoreenfan

I do get the sort of whether Ben can sell the song convincingly. He got a good voice when he did the acoustic, but it's usually quite rare for artists to sound bad doing acoustic versions. I am worried he may do a Elio 2.0 where he is unable to sell the song. Plus, I would imagine it's very hard to sing this song in its original form. I hope he proves us wrong. Like what Chingiz did last year where people are saying he is unable to replicate his studio vocals but he did.

I completely disagree with your point about that Belgium guy. The Song itself did not have any climax, it was just an atmosphere created by his visuals and the video. "Violet thing" is a dance track and I think that it varies way more, rythmically and dynamically. But I agree with you, that this song must be delivered live.

crashworld

Veteran
I completely disagree with your point about that Belgium guy. The Song itself did not have any climax, it was just an atmosphere created by his visuals and the video. "Violet thing" is a dance track and I think that it varies way more, rythmically and dynamically. But I agree with you, that this song must be delivered live.

I am just saying there were instances where the artist was able to deliver the song well (due to lack of direction, not their usual style or bad staging). I am not sure of Ben's actual musical style. Because this song would require an artist who is very comfortable with the track that very much in need of a proper dance routine in the 'live' performance in order to give the song a bigger push. It's always easier to sound good in studio, but when it comes to the actual performance, it may fall apart if the artist is just not comfortable with the song that is not a representative of their style.

cassio

Eurovision goes clubbing!!!! Im having a hard time were to place this. I think the youth will probably love it, while me, belonging in the grumpy grandpa segment don't like it. The song dosn't take us anywere they. will to do something with the stageing that we havn't see before to get this song over the ramp. For now I think it will end in top 15 it might not do so well with the jury. Germany 3 points for now

Ezio

Veteran

mauve

Veteran
Well, then see you soon there, you two (and the 21 one others so far)! xdance2May the force be with the others who will also upgrade soon.

Mainshow

Veteran
:7:

The Good:
+ It's the best German entry for years
+ Ben's voice is very special, unique and distinctive
+ it's well-produced, modern and contempory

The Bad:
- Another dig into Eurovision's grave. What's the point of letting countries compete when Germany can't come up with anything German regarding this song? Bulgarian composers and producers, a Slovene artist, an American choreography and a Swiss reject (ugh, once again!)
- It's a f*cking Swiss reject
- Personally, I think that the chorus is not memorable and exciting enough

That said, overall, it's a solid entry which has a lot of potential to score well amongst juries and people alike and I'm glad that I don't have to be fully embarrased by Germany in Eurovision again.

Toasty

Apparently, it was part of the 2018 preselection xD

At the presentation they said, that they had many different versions and many different singers for one song (and other songs with only one version and one singer).

...so it could be, that this is a totally different version of the same song.

A bit like 2010 with Lena & Jennifer Braun :p

Alaska49

ben dolic definitely seems to be in that demy zone of "so many ballads have been picked recently we WILL latch on to the nearest bop" she was in 2017

his song is a lot better though so i don't think he will be discarded as quickly or transparently (and righteously lol) as demy was once more bangers come in

LontraCanadensis

While the UK surpassed my low expectations, Germany absolutely blew my low expectations out of the water. Easily the best of the big 5 this year (and the only good one hehe)! The whole song is admittedly just the Symphonix version of "Dance You Off", but the vibe is just fun so who cares anyway. The vibe of the whole song is just very fun and the more that I listen to the song, the more that I bop to it. At first I gave the song a generous 7, but the song creeped up on me fast and it is easily a 10 pointer. I'm not quite sure that Ben can exactly pull this off live, but it should be a good time regardless. Good job Germany, you get the most improved award xheart

LontraCanadensis

ben dolic definitely seems to be in that demy zone of "so many ballads have been picked recently we WILL latch on to the nearest bop" she was in 2017

his song is a lot better though so i don't think he will be discarded as quickly or transparently (and righteously lol) as demy was once more bangers come in
This is such a mean comparison lmao, the only "boppy" song that deserves this is "Wild" from this year

I could see that happening though considering how many potential bops could be on the way. Though I think this falls kore in the realm of Luca than Demy

Gordon_Shumway

...so who cares anyway.
Actually, I do care. The German strategy this year: We are so incredibly tired of everybody hating our entries and getting last places. This time we send something so deeply buried in uncreative mainstream everyday pop music that they HAVE to give us points.
I am not a fan of that. Maybe it sometimes takes several years to discover gems like Lena's "Satellite" or Michael Schulte's "You Let Me Walk Alone", I am fine with that.

crashworld

Veteran
I am jumping on the bandwagon (if Israel chooses Roots as their final choice), Germany will be my top entry for this year's contest so far. The song got better with more spins. I just need Ben to sell this song with a solid performance.

Top Bottom