3 1.7%

1 0.6%

5 2.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Germany-scaled.jpg

Zonne147

Well... I didn't like this very much after the first listen... His voice sounds annoying for my ears and the song is not really strong Imo, we have got better songs this year. Much better than last year Imo but not at the same level of Michael Schulte...

Not bad, not good for me. :5: points

ESCConor

Germany heading back into the Top 10 with this song.

This will have radioplays right across europe.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is brilliant, will be all over the radio for the next few months, and may well walk away with the whole contest at the end of it.

12 points.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Hmmmm first listen didn't exactly slay me but it's listenable and well done. A lot less vibey than Dance You Off though, and that cool atmosphere was how Benjamin miraculously ended up as my number 1 back in 2018. Violent Thing sounds more accessible and as a result a bit more middling. The "such a violent thing" hook is the only thing here that's really sticky with me after a couple of listens. I feel like I'm going through the motions with the rest of it a bit. Not super keen on the sax section as well. I can understand The Dance You Off comparisons. The high voice, funky rhythm etc but Violent Thing is probably 5, 6-ish points with me. I don't dislike it but the first few listens aren't pulling me in too well.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This is good. Not extra-ordinary (in fact, quite ordinary), but it's an uptempo bop in a year strangled by midtempo ballads, so yes, I like it. A lot.

:7: for now, maybe more after a few listens?

Storm

Well. I am just happy it's finally a bop, not another ballad. But I can't be too enthusiastic about it. It's what people like to hear, I guess. And I personally don't like these kind of voices. For now 6 pts. Can't give more. Maybe it might grow on me. xshrug

Of course it's not for everyone but I'm just glad it's not an embarassment this year. :D

Where people hear Dance you off in this song?

Probably his high voice and the retro disco-ish sound?

I know that high male voices can be divisive. I love them. I even think this song does not do enough for his voice. He had an amazing cover of "Stay" on The Voice which blew me away.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ingrosso comparisons not good, I hated his song with a burning passion. Let's go listen x
Ingrosso is literally dead last in my 2018 ranking, I'm glad this one won't be the case.
It's not bad at all, my fav German entry in years. Quite ordinary, it's a classic radio track but the whole package is done nicely. It will be a 7 for now, I'm not a fan of his voice but it doesn't annoy me that much.

Toasty

Finally another great song after Michael Schulte, Roman Lob & Lena :love:...maybe not a winner-song, but Top 10 material for sure :)

MalagaToledo

Banned
Well Germany. Was kann ich sagen. First 30 sec of verses it got me intrigued. I thought it was a child or woman singing. Then as the song progressed, the song was horrible. I thought it was 3000 mins long. Sorry, aber ich kann es nur einmal anhören. 1 pt from me because I'm still mad they didn't pick Schumacher and I was being very generous. Maybe I will give few more pts if I find out more info about this guy.

Daybreak

lol imagine the British reaction if this song upstages them at Eurovision. They'd probably claim he only did better than them "because he's Slovene!"

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
The production is nice. If it were an instrumental, I'd honestly maybe have it around 6-7 points. But yikes, HIM. He is exhausting, the lyrics he's reciting are exhausting, and the whole package is exhausting as a result.

3 points.

hijirio

Veteran
Serious question tho when's the next time we'll ever hear a song from Germany in the German language?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ingrosso is literally dead last in my 2018 ranking, I'm glad this one won't be the case.
It's not bad at all, my fav German entry in years. Quite ordinary, it's a classic radio track but the whole package is done nicely. It will be a 7 for now, I'm not a fan of his voice but it doesn't annoy me that much.

Yes pretty much the same for me. Ingrosso was right at the bottom of my ranking also, although I don't think last as I had Hungary there iirc.

I think it's a good effort on their part and a much stronger entry from Germany compared to the past years, but the song is just alright for me. I wont go back to listen to it as I think i'll probably end up disliking it with extra listens as there are elements of it i'm not keen on at all. Still it's well above the past few entries.

MalagaToledo

Banned
To be honest I don't remember the last time I enjoyed German entry and I've been watching esc for a loooong time.

Zonne147

I don't think "Dance You Off" is that similar to "Violent Thing", still I prefer Benjamin but at least it's not another ballad, people seem to be into this

Top Bottom