19 10.1%

18 9.6%

22 11.7%

11 5.9%

12 6.4%

31 16.5%

• Total voters

GermanBango

Imma just go back to my comments from after the NF: They still seem incredibly fake to me. Last night just made me realize that even more so. Their acting is almost as bad as Madonna`s vocals. :lol:

Anyway I`m glad that this nightmare is over. Please no more such artificial "projects" in the future.

Rusch

so they continued chugging on like michael didn't happen. 27-26-25-(4)-24. lol.

anyway, one last time for the road: SHOULD. HAVE. SENT. ALY. OR. LILLY.

Lilly would have been better, but her performance was not good. She last me after the first - I mudt say ugly note. I heared she was ill and that explained a lot.

Back to sisters. The NDR failed them. They released the video
too late and missed the chance to let grow the song to all the listeners. And the staging was a desaster. The failed to show the deeper meaning and also the failed to show the break between the sisters. With proper work at least a few public votes should have been possible.

The only ones who did a good job were Carlotta and Laurita. Their performance was to the point.

0scar

My mom did actually like this a lot. The only thing she was hoping for was a more memorable staging, and I agree with her 100%

Rusch

For me it was the best of the night and it’s my #1 this year definitely. I feel so sorry when Germany is robbed at the Eurovision (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, etc....)

Don‘t feel sorry for us. A good, just nice song will win nothing
at Eurovision. As long as the Eggheads from the NDR won‘t see that, we will end up at the bottom of the table. Germany could talk risks other countries cannot take. Ot is time we use this to our advantage.

Rusch

How tall are they?

i can't unsee what i saw yesterday :lol:

Yeah: It felt like „The Lord of the Rings“. The to female Hobbits will bring the Ring to Mordor and save the world. 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, Carlotta, sorry Laurita. 🤗

Gordon_Shumway

So what? Should they go home crying, sliding into depression? Better like that than hurt. But, we don't know what's deep inside them. Maybe they are hurt. It's up to them whether they want to show it or not.

I do not think that it is so easy. But ok, let's agree to disagree.

Chorizo

Fluke

Does it occur to anyone else that this is the first time in ESC history they actually announced zero points being "given"? Usually zero points are the result of not being given any points by the old system, and in the three previous years that this type of presentation has been used, there hasn't been a single zero point televote sum!

Anyway, i think Germany's problem is they've somehow managed to combine being bland and unlikable. They go for safe, radio-friendly songs without instant "hit quality", then wrap them in overstyled, pretentious stagings that make them seem smug and unrelatable. If they at least changed one half of it, they would do better.....

ChrisOL

Does it occur to anyone else that this is the first time in ESC history they actually announced zero points being "given"? Usually zero points are the result of not being given any points by the old system, and in the three previous years that this type of presentation has been used, there hasn't been a single zero point televote sum!

This is not true.
Czech Republic 2016 and Austria 2017 got 0 televoting points.

Vondenburg

Did you watch that interview: https://www.eurovision.de/videos/2019/Deutschland-Sisters-nach-dem-ESC-Finale,deutschland1516.html
That's the most embarrassing, annoying, disturbing interview I have ever seen from any German ESC participant. These two giggling teenagers do not give one little damn about their result. If I may recall Ann Sophie or Levina: These ladies were able to maintain their dignity after devastating results. Sisters can not.
I am angry now.
Aww. Cheer up. :)
If they wouldn't have delivered, I were with You.
But they delivered on stage. They did their best, so they deserve to give a damn about the result. I liked their interviews after the contest. I even hope they will come back with a better song and concept. :)

crashworld

Veteran
I have to say the girls did well vocally in the performance. But let's admit it, there is nothing going on and they didn't manage to conceptualize the message of the song on stage. North Macedonia had the same sort of message but almost won the jury vote with their simple yet effective staging. The song is alright to be honest, but when you look at what Germany could have sent from the National Finals and overall in this year's contest, the song pales in comparison. I am surprised they didn't come in last place overall. But the zero point from televoting is very well expected.

Milos-BC

Although I don't find everything so bad, I had a feeling they might end with a 0 in the televoting. And indeed, that's exactly what happened. The staging was a mess sadly and it didn't look good.

I am sure that :de: will be back in the game next year, everyone has moments like this.

Rusch

Aww. Cheer up. :)
If they wouldn't have delivered, I were with You.
But they delivered on stage. They did their best, so they deserve to give a damn about the result. I liked their interviews after the contest. I even hope they will come back with a better song and concept. :)
I completely agree. They did everything they can and performed quit well. They shouldn‘t the blame

Alaska49

i mean, in a way, yes. while the song being horrible and beyond salvation is to some degree their fault because they perform it, the biggest sin was selecting it to begin with, and that wasn't their fault. and then the crap staging wasn't their fault either. man, this one was bad. worse than levina. it's kind of unfair to michael that he was last and not them lol.

Realest

German Charts:

:nl: #25
:it: #31
:ch: #65

ESC is dead here.

ESC94

I‘d take away the best result from Switzerland (as they are clearly neighbourly votes) and worst (as these juries often vote neighbourly and not for Germany) which means an average rank of 17-24 (=about 20) and that is what they deserved at least. If juries voted for N.Macedonia, France or Italy on account of their „social messages“ plus a good voice, they could‘ve easily voted for Germany as well. Michael Schulte‘s song last year was in no ways better than Sister and look where he ended with both juries and public. Why that Schadenfreude? Neither Aly nor Lilly would have made it outside the bottom 6 I think.

Anyway I‘m proud of them. People all over social media from all countries have written how sweet and lovely they are so maybe that’s more worth than points.

Well, these numbers are the televote results and not the juries. And you´re asking why the viewers didn´t support them but :it: instead?? Well, the answer is one word: Authenticity!!

When Mahmood performed "Soldi" you could really feel the anger he had against his father and that he told a real story with his song. This was absolutely not the case with :de: last year. The viewers felt immediately that this was an artificial project made out of two solo singers performing a song with a message no one bought them off and which was already old the year after "Toy".

ESC94

OMG I can’t believe I‘m saying this but - I like the song and I think we‘ll do well in Tel Aviv!!!

Of course it's suspicious. It has always been the last years. You always knew who they wanted to win. But to be honest, Sisters HAS the best chance to "win" (do well) out of all 7 acts.
Lilly would not stand out between Latvia and Romania (if they make it to the final at all) and all those "alternative" songs. And Aly, no. No appeal, though the song was good.
It's the passion of the "Sisters" that will make an impression. I'm quite confident we will go top 10 with them. There are still a lot of one time listeners who'll see them on May18th for the first time. I think they will get caught by them shouting out wholeheartedly, it's really impressive.

Still not over how good this actually is.
It‘s classic Eurovision but contemporary at the same time.
A younger audience will love this as much as the grandma next door.
The Germans are very clever this year.

I knew right from the start the Sisters will do well in Tel Aviv because I had a feeling...

... and the more songs are released the more I‘m sure it will go even Top 5.

The hate this year is ridiculous.

I was bashing most of our entries the past years because I thought they were really bad based on my own favourite kind of music (ok, I thought Levina would not end last but anyway). But even though I didn't like Michael Schulte's song I could see why it was popular amongst some Eurofans and realize that it would probably go top 10 (even though there were many better songs imho who'd deserved it more!).

This year is the first song in ages of my own country that I really love (ok, except for Ann Sophie, the goddess!) and again, I see potential in it, like Michael last year. What I mean is, I'm trying to be not biased. I can totally get why you dislike the song but the strong hate ESPECIALLY from German defeats me. Hell, I can even see why fans love the Danish entry which I'm absolutely loathing.

Anyway, this year I'm crossing my fingers for the sisters (didn't care at all for Michael last year) and again I'm confident this will do well. Even the greatest hater must realize that it's a.) a mainstream pop song that is very "Eurovisiony" and emotional, something loved by the viewers and b.) in advantage anyway due to the lack of proper songs.

That Polish song is damn good, thanks for sharing!

With mostly all songs released I‘m still more than confident that our Sisters will go top 10 this year (my guess: about # 5).
It‘s a unique simple Euro pop-ballad for young and old while all the others are rather contemporary alternative ballads. Or EDM. Or some really freaky stuff that people will love or hate. So sisters is something that will appeal to many. It‘s the strong performance, the good voices and the simple but more than ever appreciated powerful message.

Congratulations!! With all these delusional and terribly aged predictions you´re officially the worst Eurovision oracle here in the forum!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Top Bottom