13 5.8%

14 6.3%

10 4.5%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

Franzilein

It's honestly so satisfying seeing him doing so well now and finally getting all that deserved recognition. Been following him ever since his cover of Last Unicorn, which is like what, seven years old or something xlove

Storm

I wish he could maintain the attention but Im so sceptical since NDR is so bad at promoting.

mauve

Veteran
It's honestly so satisfying seeing him doing so well now and finally getting all that deserved recognition. Been following him ever since his cover of Last Unicorn, which is like what, seven years old or something xlove

xshock OMG. What a beautiful cover! I know many Songs of Michael, but not that one. How magical. Marvellous. xrosexrose

Franzilein

xshock OMG. What a beautiful cover! I know many Songs of Michael, but not that one. How magical. Marvellous. xrosexrose

Ikr? He has so many fantastic covers, and even though I don't like the music of Max Giesinger, I especially love their covers together. Their voices fit so well, they kinda remind me of Simon & Garfunkel.

Hope they'll do more music together in the future and get Max off that generic german pop train he's been riding :lol:

mauve

Veteran
Ikr? He has so many fantastic covers, and even though I don't like the music of Max Giesinger, I especially love their covers together. Their voices fit so well, they kinda remind me of Simon & Garfunkel.

Hope they'll do more music together in the future and get Max off that generic german pop train he's been riding :lol:

Wow ...thank you really! Through "Unicorn" I just found the other beautiful cover Songs on YouTube. I am just ..:eek: How beautiful are these? "Tears of heaven" or "Supergirl". I mean and around that time Michael was ... what? Around 20? Seems like after ESC I start to get to know new sides of him. :D

mauve

Veteran
P.S. I knew the songs with Griesinger, but I agree. Don't like Griesinger alone, but together they fit wonderfully!

kayak

I liked the staging and of course his sensitive voice! He has similiar style to Ed Sheeran, but i like it.

MonkeyJaw

If anyone ever comes across a German version of this song, I'd love to hear it. Even if Michael doesn't sing it. I think it could have gone just as well, or better, if sang in German.

Ein Lieb
aus zwei Herzen
Drei Kinder und eine liebevolle Mutter

etc...

Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht

Lindon

Literal translations from English to German in songs are often very hard to do. There are so many syllables more in German.

MonkeyJaw

Yeah, I don't expect it to be literal word for word. That was my translation on the fly. :lol:

I think German is underappreciated as a singable language.

mauve

Veteran
If anyone ever comes across a German version of this song, I'd love to hear it. Even if Michael doesn't sing it. I think it could have gone just as well, or better, if sang in German.

Ein Lieb
aus zwei Herzen
Drei Kinder und eine liebevolle Mutter

etc...

Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht

It would be very nice indeed to hear a German version of that song. Since it is a very personal song to Michael, I could imagine him to do it one day. :p

Realest

Just noticed that after his 4th Place, he plays in the Same League like Mika Newton, Loic Nottet and Sabina Babayeva.

Lenny1993

For the first time ever, I've heard "You Let Me Walk Alone" on Bavarian radio. I was so surprised an moved, I nearly cried. The last song that I heard here was "Ghost" by Jamie-Lee. It's a really big deal if radio stations in Bavaria pick up any EUROVISION song - let alone the German entry. Congrats, Michael, you deserve it xlove

MonkeyJaw

I'm re-reading the thread, and it's so adorable to read all the "him coming 15th will be a miracle" type posts. xlove

The :no: jury actually gave him 12 points! xclap xclap
(5th in the televote, which is not that bad either)

Norway and Swedens Qualification will cost Some Points in the Danish Televoting (I think hes half Danish IIRC)
Yeah, this is old, but I'm a huge Eurovison nut (I'm here after all), and I had no idea he was half Danish, and you expect the Danish stay-at-home Moms to know and think about this while they cast their votes? :D

CC92

Well, during the second semi-final he was inside the :dk: commentary box and gave an interview in his apparently fluent Danish. These :12: had no effect on the overall placing, however.

Realest

Michael became Father.

Bildschirmfoto-2018-08-18-um-11.20.11.png

Realest

Preuss

I haven't thought about it, but you're allowed to bring LED screens to ESC yourself?
lmao I haven't thought about this before now

Top Bottom