2018: [1,1,1,1,1] for Sweden

midnightsun

Veteran
/edit

*wrong thread*

/edit 2

STILL HAPPY FOR MICHAEL !!! :p

/edit 3

Strange that German jury members almost always seem to have the same no. 1...

Storm

Btw the German Juryvotes since 2014:

2014: [1,1,1,1,1] for Denmark
2015: [1,1,1,1,1] for Latvia
2016 [1,1,1,1,3] for Israel
2017: [1,1,1,3,3] for Norway
2018: [1,1,1,1,1] for Sweden

Embarassing :D

Realest

Strange that German jury members almost always seem to have the same no. 1...

Yes, I mean if the Juries gave [1,1,1,1,1] for the Overall-Winner it would make Sense, but Denmark, Israel, Norway...really? :D :D

ChrisOL

8JhKMWTiReGB7QhjHjZ8QQ.png

He is doing pretty good on iTunes, AppleMusic and Spotify :)

darkap

You had 3 of my 5 votes in the Grand Final. Beautiful song, right staging, emotional live performance, right running spot. Glad where it ended in the scoreboard.

Storm

How great it is to watch this again. His goal was Top 10 and I remember thinking how brave it is from him to talk this open about it and I was so afraid he was going to be disappointed. And so glad for Barbara that she finally had good weater on Saturday :D

midnightsun

Veteran
Yes, I mean if the Juries gave [1,1,1,1,1] for the Overall-Winner it would make Sense, but Denmark, Israel, Norway...really? :D :D

What annoys me more is the love of the German jury for Sweden no matter what crap they send.
2012 - 1st in the German jury. This seems understandable at least, but Björkman wasn’t involved in producing there. He started his work in Eurovision a year later and then *cough cough*...
2013 - 1st
2014 - 7th
2015 - 2nd
2016 - 2nd
2017 - 7th
2018 - 1st

Realest

midnightsun

Veteran
Well, this thread is about Michael, so my hate for the German jury seems inappropriate here.

Just glad he got such a good result. I mean, when Lena won, she was a favorite. Not surprising.
But this year it was like „hell what, are we really getting that many points? Oh my God he can win the whole this, I can’t...“ That heart bumping.
And even when it was clear he wasn’t going to win and the televoting points went to countries in the bottom I was like „oh my God, he will stay on top, he will be top 5, this is incredible...“

mauve

Veteran

How great it is to watch this again. His goal was Top 10 and I remember thinking how brave it is from him to talk this open about it and I was so afraid he was going to be disappointed. And so glad for Barbara that she finally had good weater on Saturday :D

I remember the video because his acoustic performance was wonderful! xlove

mauve

Veteran
Well, this thread is about Michael, so my hate for the German jury seems inappropriate here.

Just glad he got such a good result. I mean, when Lena won, she was a favorite. Not surprising.
But this year it was like „hell what, are we really getting that many points? Oh my God he can win the whole this, I can’t...“ That heart bumping.
And even when it was clear he wasn’t going to win and the televoting points went to countries in the bottom I was like „oh my God, he will stay on top, he will be top 5, this is incredible...“

Same here. What an exciting experience to hear "12 Points" again. Seems like forever we heard it! :lol: And we were all talking about the possibility that he could make it among the best 15. Well ... he did! :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
Isn't it just wonderful that after the big shared defeat in Vienna we can now enjoy this wonderful result also close to each other!

musicfan

But apart from the 'we' stuff do you actually like the song?

mauve

Veteran
They always are! Have you seen him performing 'Collide' at the embassy in Lisbon? Just perfect.

I have! Perfect actually. I am pretty certain that Michael will do his way. He is attached so much to Music and there are other great Songs from him on YouTube! :D

Realest

The Worst Place in the Televoting was 17th in :lv: and :me:

midnightsun

Veteran
But apart from the 'we' stuff do you actually like the song?

At the beginning I didn't because it was just a middle of the road song to me. Something I'd hear when I turn on the radio which I almost never do because I very rarely listen to the top charts and recent music. Also, at first sight, he and his performance seemd a bit unremakable to me. I admit I listened to the song only half-heartedly in the NF because my fav was Xavier and he had an impressive, loud performace which overshadowed Michael.

But it was one of the first songs in my Eurovision playlist and the more the song was randomly played the more I loved it. But Eurovision is also about whether he DESERVES it. The more I watched interviews with him, the more I found him extremely likable as a person.

This, plus a song that has been growing on me so much, plus an incredible staging made me cheer for him all the way. I'm so glad he did so well and not because of "WE" - I'm not a person who has a love for German entries just because it is Germany and I don't keep my fingers crossed for a song I don't like because it's Germany, even if it's popular. See Lena. I hate her. I still hate the song, never liked it and I still can't believe why she has won.

On the other hand I'm still thinking Black Smoke has been the best German entry since... I don't know, the 90s probably. It's still my No. 1 of the Gerrman entries, Michael is at two only, songwise. But considering the whole package [song, staging, charismatic singer] Michael is the best Germany sent to Eurovision the past twenty years or so.

Top Bottom