10 4.5%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

DaFlo

Banned
Such scandalous blockvoting :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well congrats to us for 4th place, good result. I doubt NDR will change much tho, so we should enjoy this as long as we can, bottom is waiting for us again :mrgreen:

Geborgenheit

This must have been the first time that all of our neighbors actually voted for us :lol:
12 / 12 from :dk:
12 / 12 from :nl:
12 / 6 from :ch:
10 / 6 from :at:
10 / 1 from :pl:
5 / 2 from :be:
8 / 0 from :fr:
0 / 3 from :cz:

Not direct neighbours... but Germany got a lot of points from Scandinavia.

EscGeek

Veteran
boy, was i wrong about this one...
i guess people were touched by it after all...

now you'll never send voxxclub xcry

mauve

Veteran
boy, was i wrong about this one...
i guess people were touched by it after all...

now you'll never send voxxclub xcry

I was glad they weren't sent ... :lol: You would have given voxxclub 12 and i would have given them 0 Points. Our discrepance is like televote and Jury this year. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
One of the most overrated entries this year, I fail to see what the thing is here. Just a substandard clichéd ballad to me sorry guys xshrug

Yes, he is a good live singer I guess, but I need something more interesting, this is just way to safe and standard for my taste. I also wasn't sold on the concept of the live performance either, although I guess it made sense to the story of the song and apparently it resonated with the public so yeah.

I hope that a good position for Germany will not lead us to more safe entries, but rather Germany putting more effort again. I want another Lena! Something that is different, yet effective and well made.

Storm

I'm so sad it's over! I did not expect this to turn out to be the most exciting ESC in recent years when we picked Michael in February! All these rollercoaster odds rides in the last days, will be very hard to find my way back into my daily life without the ESC bubble. And I think I'm going to miss hearing from Michael everyday :D

cgorac

My opinion Michael Schulte of Germany should of won his song had a meaning and it was emotional and
about his father.

bout his father...

mauve

Veteran
I'm so sad it's over! I did not expect this to turn out to be the most exciting ESC in recent years when we picked Michael in February! All these rollercoaster odds rides in the last days, will be very hard to find my way back into my daily life without the ESC bubble. And I think I'm going to miss hearing from Michael everyday :D

Feel the same way. We have to wait so many months now until the first songs will be released. I am still so positively shocked about our result. It was a rollercoaster ESC year for myself, also what our entry is concerned. First I really like it and could relate to the song due to personal experience, but then the song faded a little until I heard the rehearsals when it grabbed me so intensely. Really glad that this great entry convinced the Jury and the televoters. It had less discrepance compared to many other entries like Italy, Sweden or Denmark.

midnightsun

Veteran
To me, he deserved 3rd place.

After Israel and Cyprus, he was the only one where jury and public vote didn't differ that much like in other countries.

But I'm so proud and happy, I can't believe it. I don't know when I was happier for a German entry than this year. Not even in 2010, becuase I didn't like Lena at all and I hoped she wouldn't win. :D

It's so great to see he did well with BOTH juries and public! xheart xheart xheart

mauve

Veteran
To me, he deserved 3rd place.

After Israel and Cyprus, he was the only one where jury and public vote didn't differ that much like in other countries.

But I'm so proud and happy, I can't believe it. I don't know when I was happier for a German entry than this year. Not even in 2010, becuase I didn't like Lena at all and I hoped she wouldn't win. :D

It's so great to see he did well with BOTH juries and public! xheart xheart xheart

We think alike in this aspect. I was never a Lena_fan and didn't like "Satellite". With this year's entry I could connect to much better. And it was exciting last night! :D

Alaska49

this is defnitely not to my taste but he had an effective and emotional performance and his song had a nice message. i would never place it 4th but since it happened i wish he would have been 3rd because, like, it did well in the televote at least lol.

Rusch

Honestly I thought this song is overrated. I still don't like it very much, but it seems, I don't know much and the average German taste isn't ideal for ESC

Preuss

Tolles Lied
Well deserved fourth place really although I personally struggled to believe it would come that high

bstream

Hey, I actually don't have to do a yearly "Stefan Raab woulda done you all a top 10" talk this time, lol

Honestly, I feel like this is the textbook example of taking a facially "boring simple slow ballad" and elevating the message above the song via smart LEDs and appropriate camera shots. Michael's teary eyes and vulnerability immediately brought the viewer into the universe of the song itself, the performance forced you to listen to lyrics and hang on to each word and sentence. I wouldn't say this was "overrated;" the song isn't bad. It's definitely an extremely slow ballad, but it is well written and it was well performed. There's no real reason why this shouldn't have been top 4, it's just not the conventional top 4 placer (in the aggregate sense, not just in the sense of the last few years -- Salvador's song was slow-paced as well). And this is more or less the Raab formula. Smart staging, smart cameras, captivating performance.

Germany can do well and this is an example. There are lessons to be learned here. This could be repeated and improved upon.

Sammy

Veteran
Congratulations Germany, you have proved that you don't need Stefan Raab to be successful! This is one of the most beautiful songs in this years competition and rightfully came top five!

crashworld

Veteran
I am so happy that this song performed so well. I do not get why people are saying this is cringey and they get behind Lithuania and Spain's entries (I am looking at you, wiwibloggs). I thought this is the most honest presentation out of the 4 ballads. I knew it will do well right from the beginning, but people wrote this off completely. I am glad that the staging gives the song the boost it very much needed. Well done!!

Realest

One of the most overrated entries this year, I fail to see what the thing is here. Just a substandard clichéd ballad to me sorry guys xshrug

Yes, he is a good live singer I guess, but I need something more interesting, this is just way to safe and standard for my taste. I also wasn't sold on the concept of the live performance either, although I guess it made sense to the story of the song and apparently it resonated with the public so yeah.

I hope that a good position for Germany will not lead us to more safe entries, but rather Germany putting more effort again. I want another Lena! Something that is different, yet effective and well made.

I have to disagree. A Country like Germany can never be overrated, since we have no (blind) Diaspora, Politics, Votingblocks..We can only be underrated if even. Germany starts every year at 0 and has to fight for every single Point. And Although Michael was only my #13 yesterday, he totally deserved every single Point. And in the Opposite to several "risky" Entries this year, Michael Song might have a future outside this one Evening.

0scar

Lol rubbish, if Germany can be underrated, it can be overrated as well. :nl: has no diaspora too but O'G3NE was hella overrated last year, for example

Sammy

Veteran
So who decides what is overrated?

The amount of frustration of person X whose favorite/homecountry placed behind the song that is "'overrated" :mrgreen:

(No, of course I'm joking: it's a very complicated procedure that involves hours and hours of thorough analysis :lol:)

Top Bottom