17 7.4%

10 4.4%

12 5.2%

13 5.7%

6 2.6%

17 7.4%

• Total voters

HSV1887

We got our televoting points just from Austria (2 Points) and from Switzerland (8 Points).... :?

Yup, Ghost was an even bigger flop than Black Smoke. Ann-Sophie was competitive in a lot of countries, she was just unlucky not to score any points. Outside of the Austrian and Switzerland televote (and that 1 point by the Georgian jury), Ghost didn't come close to scoring anywhere else. I guess our lovely neighbours remembered our fate from last year and wanted to save us from another 0-points finish.

You can also tell from the Itunes charts that Ghost has even less mass appeal than Black Smoke:

3 Belarus
9 Germany
30 Luxembourg
84 Austria
90 Switzerland
98 Germany
139 Norway
183 Poland

http://esctracker.com/#sthash.u8S6QoXU.dpuf

If I remember correctly, Black Smoke was charting in 17 different countries. At least Ghost is doing well in Belarus for the moment.

I really do feel for Jamie-Lee, though. She did her best and she really wasn't the problem. The uninspired song was.

Titowam

Her voice sounded a bit off at some points, and nothing was really happening during the performance, and I still don't understand the laser trees, but I love the song and shes such a cutie!

Sadly, last place was where she landed and I'm not surprised. :/

Gordon_Shumway

For the other Germans:
What did Jamie-Lee say in the after show? I turned off the TV when the Live-broadcast from Stockholm ended.

Just got a few sentences, but she said something like she's okay, she had a great time with everyone and that she will party with the winner :D

The interview (broadcast on German TV) was short but nevertheless quite interesting. Fortunately, she has not lost her self-confidence and showed no sign of sadness or anger (quote "Ich gebe mir nicht die Schuld", means "I do not blame myself").
I liked that very much, because she is absolutely correct in saying so. xup

Jamie-Lee did a good job under the given circumstances. The song was there, the staging concept and the dressing style were there. She sang the song, and she did that well. And I cannot remember any of those countless youtube videos where I heard a wrong note from Jamie-Lee.

The reasons for Germany's bad ESC results over the last years lie elsewhere. There are already some good postings here, concerning that matter, and I am looking forward to discussing this with you today and the next days.

EDIT: You can see the interview here:

hdplus

But now we can't do worse next year, right? :mrgreen:
At least 11 points are pretty hard to beat.

Looking back I gotta say, our NF had variety, but not enough quality. I think only Gregorian could've done much better. But now let's just hope for some changes in our German Eurovision team. I just can't believe that there were no better artist/songs who wanted to participate in our NF.
But I have to say that NDR finally did a good job with internet promotion and a good stage.

(I hope the invitation to 'Eurovision Songcheck', the song 'Remember The Rain' for Jamie and a performance at the after-show party mean, that we see Madeline Juno next year :) [even my mum said that we should send her yesterday after she heard her on the radio])

Lona

But now we can't do worse next year, right? :mrgreen:
At least 11 points are pretty hard to beat.

Looking back I gotta say, our NF had variety, but not enough quality. I think only Gregorian could've done much better. But now let's just hope for some changes in our German Eurovision team. I just can't believe that there were no better artist/songs who wanted to participate in our NF.
But I have to say that NDR finally did a good job with internet promotion and a good stage.

(I hope the invitation to 'Eurovision Songcheck', the song 'Remember The Rain' for Jamie and a performance at the after-show party mean, that we see Madeline Juno next year :) [even my mum said that we should send her yesterday after she heard her on the radio])

First Franzilein, now you. Why do you want Madeline Juno at the ESC? She would be a total embarrassment. Back in 2014 she rightly didn't reach the second round.

http://www.myspass.de/myspass/shows...enemark/Madeline-Juno-Like-Lovers-Do--/17041/

Just listen to that catastrophe again. So many totally missed tones. Everything is just skewed and wrong sounding. In the last years we had so many singers at the NF, who sounded live much worse than in their music videos, but she kind of topped the list in this regard. Just horrible.

It would have been a bit better, if she sang "Error" first:

https://youtu.be/nk2LSuYgS4Q

It seems it is easier to sing. I still wished someone else with a great voice would have sung that song. Maybe it could have ended on a better place than Elaiza at the ESC then. But I am not even sure about that. It is a nice emotional song, but it just goes on and on in the same way. Sounds more like a radio song than one for the big stage.

hdplus

Madeline Juno said:
Back when the show was on, me and my band had monstrous in-ear issues which we had during the rehearsals as well, but which of course was promised to be fixed by the time we were gonna go on stage live. Of course it wasn't, 'cause how could've been different.. [...] Just imagine going on stage whether your in-ear problems were gonna be gone by now or whether you'll just not hear yourself at all. I couldn't hear myself and tried fixing it myself by turning up the volume of the bodypack hanging off my back but nothing helped. so.. of course I fucked up.
She showed many times before and after the show that she can sing and this made me just so mad that I want Madeline every year :lol:

aef

I think your problem is that you always send really weak songs (although you had better ones in the NF) + many people around Europe don't like :de: (or the German politics) so you get a bad televoting result!

Gordon_Shumway

I think your problem is that you always send really weak songs (although you had better ones in the NF)

And the winners over the last years were determined by the current mood of a limited audience on one evening. And the people who vote do not give a damn if a song has the potential to be successful at the ESC. When Lena was "casted" in 2010, this was a process which took place over many weeks. And when Lena participated again in 2011, there was a "casting process" only to find a suitable the song. Just saying.

aef

One of the guys form Boshoss (I don't know which one) said he liked :nl: because they had real instruments/ music and no half-playback... xfacepalm That's how informed the jury members are...

HSV1887

One of the guys form Boshoss (I don't know which one) said he liked :nl: because they had real instruments/ music and no half-playback... xfacepalm That's how informed the jury members are...

Yup, but it goes hand in hand with the embarrassing evaluation of our jury this year. I mean, 12p for Israel, 10p for Sweden and 8p for Georgia? C'mon now. :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
Did Germany learn nothing from Austria last year? The guy from the Boshoss was a mentor/jurymember in "wer singt für österreich" last year. We know who came out of that and what the result was. :mrgreen:

cassio

Maybe they all did a Hilda Heick!!!

It's jury-members like Hilda Heicks fault, that Australia didn't win !!!!

Our jury was asked to rank the contetens from 1 to 26 were 1 was their winner heres hildas top 5 top and bottom 5

Grand final:

top 5..........................................bottom 5

1st place: Georgia .......................26: Australia
2nd - : Ukraine............................25: The Netherlands
3ed - : Croatia.............................24: Russia
4th - : Armenia............................23: France
5th - : Serbia...............................22: Belgium

Semifinal 2

1st: Marcedonia...........................17th: Ireland
2nd: Ukraine................................16th: Poland
3ed: Georgia................................15th: Lituraina
4th: Albania.................................14th: Slovenia
5th: Bulgaria................................13th: Israel

The 69 year young woman told Ritzau: Im teribly sorry, I misunderstood the rules

GermanBango

As expected the German public and media is pretty damn pissed - last year they were relatively calm because most of them hated Ann Sophie from the moment she "won" the NF. Most of the people say that we should withdraw and that it's all about politics - We're back in the pre-Lena years.

realist

I have a feeling that Germany will do very good next year.. ;)

aef

Maybe they all did a Hilda Heick!!!

It's jury-members like Hilda Heicks fault, that Australia didn't win !!!!

Our jury was asked to rank the contetens from 1 to 26 were 1 was their winner heres hildas top 5 top and bottom 5

Grand final:

1st place: Georgia .......................26: Australia
2nd - : Ukraine............................25: The Netherlands
3ed - : Croatia.............................24: Russia
4th - : Armenia............................23: France
5th - : Serbia...............................22: Belgium

Semifinal 2

1st: Marcedonia...........................17th: Ireland
2nd: Ukraine................................16th: Poland
3ed: Georgia................................15th: Lituraina
4th: Albania.................................14th: Slovenia
5th: Bulgaria................................13th: Israel

The 69 year young woman told Ritzau: Im teribly sorry, I misunderstood the rules

Haha thoses juries.... :lol: :lol: xslap xfacepalm

aef

As expected the German public and media is pretty damn pissed - last year they were relatively calm because most of them hated Ann Sophie from the moment she "won" the NF. Most of the people say that we should withdraw and that it's all about politics - We're back in the pre-Lena years.

You actually already were from 2013 on, when you thought it was a good idea to send a bad version of last years winning song to Eurovision... :rolleyes:

ChrisOL

I hope we're in 2009 now... That means we can win again next year :D:lol::oops:

Top Bottom