17 7.4%

10 4.4%

12 5.2%

13 5.7%

6 2.6%

17 7.4%

• Total voters

GermanBango

You actually already were from 2013 on, when you thought it was a good idea to send a bad version of last years winning song to Eurovision... :rolleyes:

I was talking about the public opinion tbh.

ParadiseES

Nobody expected this to go too high, but last for the second year in a row? It was unfair last year and it's even more this year since the song is a lot better. Only 1 point from the juries is ridiculous.

ES2011

Nobody expected this to go too high, but last for the second year in a row? It was unfair last year and it's even more this year since the song is a lot better. Only 1 point from the juries is ridiculous.

I agree that it ended up too low, since the song wasn't the worst in the final, but it's not surprising at all. Germany really should try something different then sending bland songs sang by bland singers. Last place is usually never the worst song, it's always the least memorable song and this ticks all the boxes of a forgettable bland piece of music. I wish I could be nicer but honestly Germany really deserved their last place this year sending yet another Lena copy with no interesting features except for the weird outfit.

IceKing32

Well at least we have to give a big "Thank You" to the Swiss televoters. ;)

Besides 1 point from the Gorgian Jury we got 2 Points from Austria in the televoting and 8 Points from Switzerland!

HSV1887

As expected the German public and media is pretty damn pissed - last year they were relatively calm because most of them hated Ann Sophie from the moment she "won" the NF. Most of the people say that we should withdraw and that it's all about politics - We're back in the pre-Lena years.

And that surprises nobody. It's so much easier to hide behind conspiracy theories and blame others than take responsibility for one's own failures. This has always been the German mentality and because of that, nothing is going to change. Germany will continue to send dull pop songs performed by former casting show contestants and we will be stuck in the Eurovision cellar for years to come.

Chorizo

I think Jamie-Lee really deserved more than last place.
She was even in my top 10 for some time. The staging and song aren't for everyone but it really wasn't that bad.

I wonder if there were also political reasons not to vote for Germany. Actually I wouldn't have voted for Germany for political reasons because I would have been afraid that a possible success of the German entry would have been used by the German government to claim that Europe supports their politics but maybe that's just me.

ChrisOL

I think Jamie-Lee really deserved more than last place.
She was even in my top 10 for some time. The staging and song aren't for everyone but it really wasn't that bad.

I wonder if there were also political reasons not to vote for Germany. Actually I wouldn't have voted for Germany for political reasons because I would have been afraid that a possible success of the German entry would have been used by the German government to claim that Europe supports their politics but maybe that's just me.

Now it's used the other way around:
http://www.stern.de/politik/deutsch...gspolitik-schuld-fuer-niederlage-6852232.html
(In German: The AfD uses it for "propaganda" and says that our result is Merkel's fault)

Chorizo

Now it's used the other way around:
http://www.stern.de/politik/deutsch...gspolitik-schuld-fuer-niederlage-6852232.html
(In German: The AfD uses it for "propaganda" and says that our result is Merkel's fault)

She has dropped out of my top 10 before the contest and didn't reenter, so I wouldn't have supported her anyway and it seems many people just don't like the song or the outfit but I could understand people not voting for her for political reasons.

This year's winner is very political and the whole contest is political every single year. Everybody knows that. On the other hand, Russia got many televoting points.

What's the explanation for the 12 points the Germans gave to Russia? Bad taste? Maybe that's it. That would explain everything, Jamie-Lee winning the German NF and Sergey winning the televote in Germany. :lol:

So politics aren't needed after all. ;)

Mrm

Veteran
Well I feel really sorry for Germany in ESC, two yers in a row with such results.. but their approach or smth should change, instead of withdrawal..

Last year didn't deserve 0 points at all, but this year I can easily say it was the last place material..sorry..

Milos-BC

As much as I like :de: as a country and ESC nation, this one definetly deserved last place. The song was very bad, not memorable at all, and her performance was also week. The outfit I better not even comment.

Overall, Gregorian should have been sent. It would've stand out this yeara lot and I think they would end really well. Too bad that such chance was missed.

musicfan

The vocal was fine and there were other songs at least as weak. I believe the staging was so crap it really put her in danger of last. If they had kept to that visual with the moon setting it would have had much more atmosphere. She was sabotaged by those behind the staging.

Rusch

The vocal was fine and there were other songs at least as weak. I believe the staging was so crap it really put her in danger of last. If they had kept to that visual with the moon setting it would have had much more atmosphere. She was sabotaged by those behind the staging.

Actually, the song wasn't too bad. The should have vamped it up. Should gave the song more emotion and more dynamic. And the should have improved the staging. If they had done their homework more properly, a rank in the middle of the field should have been possible.

musicfan

Actually, the song wasn't too bad. The should have vamped it up. Should gave the song more emotion and more dynamic. And the should have improved the staging. If they had done their homework more properly, a rank in the middle of the field should have been possible.

Yes it was a bit dour sounding, which doesn't have to mean really bad, but in Eurovision you will rarely do well with that, even with better songs than Ghost.

Edward

The song actually had some of the best lyrics for this year. It is solid modern pop besides that. What really played against Jamie-Lee was her passion for Asian music and clothing. Looking that different is always only to ring a bell with peers that share the same sort of passions. The other can either accept or brand it as plain weird. The later happened for most viewers, obviously. The fact she was young and pretty (and German, let's not forget that a lot of European countries have political feelings of resent towards Germany due to economic reasons & ties to the EU) did not help either...say, had it been a 90's Björk having done this the final outcome would have been totally different. It would then be exotic, avant-garde and what not. Not downplaying Björk at all with this, whom I have always seen as a quirky talented artist. It's just that some people see an 18 year old girl giving her first adult steps in the music industry, coming out of a talent show and the story is always the same throughout that Europe...if I were German I would have been proud of Jamie-Lee. Absolutely one of my favorites this year.

musicfan

I don't think being young and cute hurt her. But I agree there can be double standards, for instance sometimes I hear a decent song that isn't favoured and I think that if it had been the Swedish song it would get a lot more support. Undo for instance wasn't that great a ballad but because it was from Sweden it got more hype, if some less fancied place had sent it then it would probably have flopped.

Franzilein

I don't think being young and cute hurt her. But I agree there can be double standards, for instance sometimes I hear a decent song that isn't favoured and I think that if it had been the Swedish song it would get a lot more support. Undo for instance wasn't that great a ballad but because it was from Sweden it got more hype, if some less fancied place had sent it then it would probably have flopped.

Thank God I'm not the only one who thought that "Undo" was completely overrated. Didn't get her high rank back in 2014 at all.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
"Undo" is the best song ever.

Top Bottom