29 9.5%

• Total voters

Franco

Ann Sophie at the Dirty Dancing musical. xheat

CGL8YIeWwAA1GIn.jpg:large

GRE

So nice entry.
I really don't get it.
The only awkward thing was when she showed to the camera her @ss.

aletem

This was better than the winner and I don't get how this ended last...

I tried to understand it, I can't! xshrug Not surprised about Austria, that entry (while it didn't deserve zero as well) was completely meh and I expected them to finish in the bottom 3. However, this? Why? With the performance it grew on me to place in my top 12

Krishoes

Last place with 0 points? :? Totally undeserved! xshock1

Ok, she reminded too much of Lena 2011, and that's a fact, but the song was quite good and her performance too (she improved so much since the national final!). I thought to see Germany in the middle of the chart.

So nice entry.
The only awkward thing was when she showed to the camera her @ss.

Yes, I think that was the main problem of the performance

GermanBango

Last place with 0 points? :? Totally undeserved! xshock1

Ok, she reminded too much of Lena 2011, and that's a fact, but the song was quite good and her performance too (she improved so much since the national final!). I thought to see Germany in the middle of the chart.

Yes, I think that was the main problem of the performance

But she has an amazing butt :lol: My best buddy totally fell in love with her that night .... obviously the rest of the world didn't :?

Jay25

I really LOVE Frozen Silence and Fahrenhaidt.

But now, I believe Fahrenhaidt woudn't have done that well in Vienna. At least, with this staging and her quite poor live voice (at least here), the song would have been rather annoying for the average ESC-viewer.

Brandt

The background of performance reminds me of penis

tuorem

Ok it's time for me to review the German entry this year :D

Ann Sophie - Black Smoke

Song: When I got to listen to Black Smoke for the first time (that is during the ESC final), I was shocked :eek: Shocked because I found the song so good and also relieved Andreas gave up because his song didn't make me feel anything. I love the groove of this song, this well built too. Somehow, it reminds of some Dido's songs, don't know how to explain it. Apart from Cascada, I noticed that since their victory in 2010, Germany has sent songs that are radio-friendly, not Eurovision-y and... I wouldn't say alternative but I feel like there is a genuineness to their songs and their arrangements, it's often simple and not Europop at all. I hope they'll keep this genre, I think it suits them well. Not much else to say about the song: I like the beat, the backing vocalists, the melody is really catchy. This is not what I usually like best in terms of song, but this one got me. xheat

Voice: I've been reading here and there Ann Sophie wasn't that good live during the national final. I didn't watch the video in question, but I must say that her performance in Eurovision was perfect imo. She seemed so at ease vocally, I got the groove too. I loved it! xcheer

Staging: From what I remember, this was very simple. She played the sexy role with her dancing routine and I liked it :D

Outcome: What the hell was that? :? It was the second best song of all the prequalified countries and it managed to get zero points? Really? To be honest, I feel sorry and sad for Ann Sophie because she lost the national final to Andreas, she represented her country by default and then she gets the worst possible score? xthink No, I'm sorry, some other songs (some real rubbish) deserved that last place. In my personal ranking, she reaches the top 10: it's the second time I like Germany so much (after Taken By A Stranger). I didn't know what to expect about Germany this year, so I didn't make any prediction, but after watching her performance, she should have been at the very least top15. Anyway, great job Germany xheart

HSV1887

Fahrenhaidt would have done much better...

Ugh, no. The song may sound lovely on CD, but the staging and the live vocals were horrific. It may be possible to hide a pitchy live performance somewhat if the singer has lots of charisma, but the girl didn't even have that. No stage presence whatsoever...

Top Bottom