13 4.8%

11 4.1%

17 6.3%

12 4.4%

39 14.4%

• Total voters

IceKing32

They are the winner of our hearts!

And we have a cool summer song and a fresh album from them.

CLimbing in the ukraine from 383 to 5! ^^

If we could perform in one of the semis live we would have got more points.

IceKing32

Ok, if only jury votes would have been counted, we were much higher in the ranking... :lol:

Only jury points added:
Albania: 4p
Armenia: 7p
Italy: 1p
Latvia: 2p
Moldova: 2p
Montenegro: 10p
Poland: 4p
Romania: 8p
Slovenia: 5p
Sweden: 1p
Switzerland: 2p
Ukraine: 10p

Sum: 56p

JamieBrown

You might get 8-12 from us. Your song is promoted in our TV (TVP1, TVP2, 4funTV), Ela has got Polish roots and speaks Polish well. I think I will vote for you tonight :) Do the same, please xkiss Would be nice to see :de:-:pl: 12's exchange ;)

This worked quite well ;)

Gordon_Shumway

When you disregard the "family points" from Poland (8) and Ukraine (5) then 26 points remain which would have placed us at rank 23.
After all it's very close to the realistic predictions made by many people here.
2013 and 2014 respresent the current German "ESC-capabilities". After Stefan Raab had been involved (2010-2012), it all went straight downhill.

GWTW1939

So what exactly did Stefan Raab do that isn't being done now :?

Its crazy to go from 3 consecutive top 10 results to this x0s

Gordon_Shumway

So what exactly did Stefan Raab do that isn't being done now :?

Lena was "discovered" by a rather long casting process in 2010 which was Raab's idea as far as I know. Raab recognized Lena's special talent and supported her accordingly. One year later the idea of the casting show was used to find a good song for Lena, and the casting was also used in 2012 to find Roman Lob ("Standing Still"). In 2013 (Cascada) and 2014 (Elaiza) this system was abandoned.

Venage

Had to be expected as the song was really forgettable. However, I don't really mind it that much this year. It wasn't embarrassing, so that's something. Next year it would be a good idea to once more cooperate with Pro7 and air the national final on their channel. You can say about Pro7 what you want, but their audience is way younger and more progressive than that of the ARD. There's a higher chance of finding an interesting act like Lena (or Roman), but we'll see.

GermanBango

I'am very proud of them - they did the best they could - the performance was the best I've seen of them :)
There is no need to be ashamed! We were still better then some "favorites" ...Greece,Azerbaijan,Italy,... & with 1 point more we would have overtaken UK. The girls did a great job in the past two weeks and I am happy that they represented my country. x12s
Now I hope that the NDR keeps most of our national selection as it is - a few changes here and there are necessary, though - but please, no casting-show again.
Next year :de: will RISE LIKE A PHOENIX xshifty

Gerly

I am really happy for the girls. I think 18th place is better than we all expected. They will have a bright future after yesterdays' performance, that's for sure. They definitely did beat their previous concert record that was 70 people :D

Joyride

We saw this coming, didn't we? The Unheilig fans were right. And I can assure you, they are quite mad now. :p

Although I like Unheilig and I didn't like our entry yesterday, I'm sure Unheilig wouldn't have made it to a higher rank than Elaiza. Not with their song.

A few words to Elaiza. I don't like the song BUT their performance was much better than expected. Ela has a great voice and I loved the way she played with her eyes, the winking, the way she moved... the clothes were fun, too and fitted perfectly. I didn't like the stage but it was ok. As there were many better songs, being 18th is ok.

Mrm

Veteran
1. Elaiza did fantastic job, one of the best vocal performances of the evening, I enjoyed listening whole 3 minutes and my friend loved it too! :)

2. German talevoting placed Tolmachevy sisters at number 5 out of 26!! WOOW AMAZING! xlove

If only jury placed them 2 spotts higher (19 -17) they would get a point from Germany! :(

that would be EPIC!

Top Bottom