3 4.9%

2 3.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Loindici

Veteran
Georgia, oh, Georgia. I don't know what you would bring now, or what you would do now.

The biggest problem with Georgia is how, even with how serious they took the contest, is their entry. Unique; different; but not palatable, neither to juries nor to the public.

The longer process they ever took was selection of their representatives. It's not effective in the current climate of the contest.

No, I didn't want them to go back to G:son for the nth time. But please, Georgia, focus on serving a good entry next year :cry:

gigi_copp3

Well... they should try the Valentina Monetta challenge, call Iru back, write a song in proper English (or in proper Georgian if they want) and focus on a good staging... it would definitely work

Eidechse

The Georgian delegation is on a very limited budget. They can't do much other than rely on local talent and maybe invest in getting G:son onboard for demographic accessibility (jury points). Georgia isn't like Armenia or Azerbaijan as both get either foreign investment or infinite resources to get the most accessible song with the best staging.

Georgia is on the verge of withdrawing but unlike some other smaller countries, they are good on the money game by being very cheap yet standing out from its Caspian brothers in a meaningful way. Some of their entries do have fanfare because of their uniqueness in the long run, despite investing very little in a functional selection process in the short run.

Loindici

Veteran
The Georgian delegation is on a very limited budget. They can't do much other than rely on local talent and maybe invest in getting G:son onboard for demographic accessibility (jury points). Georgia isn't like Armenia or Azerbaijan as both get either foreign investment or infinite resources to get the most accessible song with the best staging.

Georgia is on the verge of withdrawing but unlike some other smaller countries, they are good on the money game by being very cheap yet standing out from its Caspian brothers in a meaningful way. Some of their entries do have fanfare because of their uniqueness in the long run, despite investing very little in a functional selection process in the short run.

I think being on a limited budget doesn't excuse them from not crafting a good song. I'd consider Czech Republic (and Ukraine to an extent) to be on a similar budget problem yet can provide a considerable good selection of songs that succeeds in the contest. Hence, even with a tight budget, Georgia has the potential to achieve something similar -- select good songs.

Eidechse

I think being on a limited budget doesn't excuse them from not crafting a good song. I'd consider Czech Republic (and Ukraine to an extent) to be on a similar budget problem yet can provide a considerable good selection of songs that succeeds in the contest. Hence, even with a tight budget, Georgia has the potential to achieve something similar -- select good songs.
Czech Republic and especially Ukraine aren't a good example of a "small budget" delegation doing well in Eurovision. Czech broadcasters are stable thanks due to tourism, Ukraine have foreign support and a very strong music scene since they joined in 2003. Moldova that's seemly very "poor" for Europe and (sometimes San Marino which is very small) has a broadcaster who sends entries that are heavily invested (I wonder why?).

Examples of countries that are seemly neglected in the same category as Georgia who were doing surprisingly well are North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Bulgaria. The countries did get financial investment from outsider producers at times, but they do carry their respective delegations on their own when sending entries that can be on par with what Norway is sending from Melodi Grand Prix. However, all three Balkan countries are out of Eurovision this year while Georgia is not. This proves Georgia is one of the poorest broadcasters prioritizing very cheap participation to stay afloat when the economy is not calling for a bullseye full-package entry.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Czech Republic and especially Ukraine aren't a good example of a "small budget" delegation doing well in Eurovision. Czech broadcasters are stable thanks due to tourism, Ukraine have foreign support and a very strong music scene since they joined in 2003. Moldova that's seemly very "poor" for Europe and (sometimes San Marino which is very small) has a broadcaster who sends entries that are heavily invested (I wonder why?).

Examples of countries that are seemly neglected in the same category as Georgia who were doing surprisingly well are North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Bulgaria. The countries did get financial investment from outsider producers at times, but they do carry their respective delegations on their own when sending entries that can be on par with what Norway is sending from Melodi Grand Prix. However, all three Balkan countries are out of Eurovision this year while Georgia is not. This proves Georgia is one of the poorest broadcasters prioritizing very cheap participation to stay afloat when the economy is not calling for a bullseye full-package entry.

Sorry, but Montenegro and N. Macedonia really aren't examples of doing well at eurovision.

Bulgaria yes, tho.

rasmuslights

Veteran
North Macedonia however, won the jury voting once.. something :bg: and :me: still failed to do.

Yeah, but that's it. :ROFLMAO:

Bulgaria got 4th, 2nd, 14th, 11th and it was a bookies favourite in 2020.

N.Macedonia qualified only in 2019 and won the jury vote then, otherwise NQ year after year.

Eidechse

Sorry, but Montenegro and N. Macedonia really aren't examples of doing well at eurovision.

Bulgaria yes, tho.
Yeah, but that's it. :ROFLMAO:

Bulgaria got 4th, 2nd, 14th, 11th and it was a bookies favourite in 2020.

N.Macedonia qualified only in 2019 and won the jury vote then, otherwise NQ year after year.
I don't mean that in the context of results but rather as being stable enough Eurovision participants that can make it that far until withdrawal despite having limited budgets. For them having average viewing figures relative to the population and a small fan following is still considered a modest success. It's all about being in the game long enough. Having the right song, production team and staging for the contest is still hard enough for them. It makes me wonder how Bulgaria suddenly exploded when they returned in 2016, hmm...

Top Bottom