6 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Aurora meets Efendi. Oh, Georgia, you fever dream of a country, you. I had literally no expectations so I'm surprised! Iru just blew the whole semi 2 line-up out of the water. The lyrics are whatever, let's not be double standard-y though. I understand her English, is this because i'm Eastern European?? fkhawfbaf

:8: xdance

Last edited:

MS.

A very muscular voice exhibition.
That's it. But it's not enough
The same style as Tattoos by Loreen, great vocalizings with little substance.
I'm sure Iru is going to have a heavy staging too.
Sorry but Tatoo's lyrics are a masterpiece in comparison. At least the story in Loreen's case is very clear.

marty

After all the hype before the presentation its a bit disappointing. But this will bring Georgia into the final. I give 5 points.

I bims

Veteran
It's nice :6: Not blown away but it's nice.
Will this qualify though? I'm not sure. Depends on the staging. But I'm not confident that Iru has a lot of budget to work with. If they threw more money her way she could pull some stunts, I think.

midnightsun

Veteran
Definitely a good song. It feels like an epic movie anthem. I give it :8: because there are better songs this year but I‘m happy we‘re gonna have it on stage, it’s probably gonna look awesome!

aef

Such a positive surprise! This is such a good song compared to the snoozefests from :az: and :am:. Not the best song and probably not a song I will listen to too much but still the best :ge: effort in years. It’s different yet still different in the :ge: way you know what I mean hahaha. Very edgy :6: points

Zeus

Lyrics and chorus production could be a lot better. Production as a whole isn't dynamic enough for me. No joke, the production for the JESC-song this year actually felt richer. It's now too much of the same sounds for 3 minutes.

Good staging and strong live vocals can give this a decent position in this years final, but it's not going to win. For me personally it's just one more meh-song, but at least one of the better meh-ones.

marty

Lyrics and chorus production could be a lot better. Production as a whole isn't dynamic enough for me. No joke, the production for the JESC-song this year actually felt richer. It's now too much of the same sounds for 3 minutes.

Good staging and strong live vocals can give this a decent position in this years final, but it's not going to win. For me personally it's just one more meh-song, but at least one of the better meh-ones.
let us conclude: its a good meh-song :cool:

Sabrewulf238

I think this is going to be the most frustrating song for me this year.

I feel like I'm going to start a "please sing this in Georgian" prayer circle.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ok the positive is that Georgia has been in the absolute gutter with their entries for YEAERS now, my favourite since 2010 has been 2010 itself then 2015. I get some people have loved their entries, but for me they've been completely unlistenable messes who deserved their eventual flops. This is a massive step up in that regard, something that is at least somewhat competitive and listenable.

That's kinda where it ends though. I'm totally unimpressed by this. It's shouty and I don't understand 90% of the English in this. The mixing is waayyy off and her enunciation seems to be no help. They should have had this in Georgian because i'm sure it would have felt 929445x better and more special. It's obviously got room for some quite epic staging and is 'wow' but I also don't think it's particularly memorable at all tbh. Just 3 minutes of shoutiness. :4:

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Are Georgia and Armenia having an unintelligible English off? I had no idea Iru was singing in English on the first listen??? What is with the mixing you can barely hear her throughout the song
Maybe they are related to Loreen.

shameless

Sounds like Georgia is trying to go for their usual bombastic tricks but includes a twist that the singer is sounding like what Albania usually sends.
Nah, this is not a good song. To me, Georgia never really lived up to their debut (the legendary Visionary Dream) and is artistically just not as interesting as they think, they are.
5/12.

akoz

This song has its pros and cons. Lyrics are meh, but melodic-wise it's a really good entry. I really dig the chorus a lot even though it is a little bit repetitive, but I don't really like second verse with chagadaramca or whatever it is. All in all, it's a one of the better songs this year that should qualify to the final and with good staging could fight for a top10 finish. :8: points from me.

Top Bottom