3 2.4%

6 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Uto

Veteran
I see some people here saying the song was the issue, but it obviously was not. The song gained a proper degree of traction, easily enough to be convertible. The staging is what did this in. It just wasn't a good look, especially when compared to the music video. A big booming song was performed in a way that made it feel static and small. They never sold us the song.

I mean just for sake of argument: imagine Iru in full alien look like in the vid standing on a 4 meters high plateau in the center of the hall with massive silky weaves waving around her. Whole hall in eerie blue tints like in Madonna's Frozen. If you don't imagine this would be glorious I don't know where your mind is.

gigi_copp3

Honestly, she absolutely killed it tonight-vocals were there, she looked stunning, and I sent a vote her way! I was kinda shocked that she didn't NQ, and alot of people are if I'm honest. It's such a shame.....

Oh this just makes me want to give her a big hug....I'm glad she has that support around her xrunhug
I've just seen this, it's heartbreaking

Sammy

Veteran
So Georgia was not even close to qualify… Not a surprise to me if I look at my personal ranking, but surely to a big part of the fandom.

jatojo

If you look at the score in the poll above, it's disappointing for Georgia that they didn't qualify. And I thought the country had a good chance of finally making it after lots of missed chances - this was their 8 NQ in a row, right? That's sad.

The song wasn't one of my top favourites which had to do, in part, with the strange lyrics. I don't normally give the lyrics a lot of weight at Eurovision, but this one was just too odd. Having said that, I can name five countries that I would easily have sacrificed for the sake of Georgia.

Mainshow

Veteran
At least Marvin is comforting her. He basically ruined it for her. She needed those bouncy slow moving dancers with the flowy silk dresses. The showcase was tragically static and served nothing. Maybe they didn't have the budget for a grander staging.

I don't think it was a "budget" issue.

That's what you get when foreigners who don't understand your culture and art try to come up with a staging which looks "amazing" to them (sterile, dark, modern). It simply didn't fit the song.

Ezio

Veteran
Georgia probably the fan fave flop of the season together with Spain. Georgia wouldnt already have made it in 2016 if it was televote only.

12Points

I don't like this song that much since its release (too noisy) and kinda feel it won't do well with tilivoties because of the jumbled up lyrics, sad she's an nq tho I love her vocals.

Barish

I see some people here saying the song was the issue, but it obviously was not. The song gained a proper degree of traction, easily enough to be convertible. The staging is what did this in. It just wasn't a good look, especially when compared to the music video. A big booming song was performed in a way that made it feel static and small. They never sold us the song.

I mean just for sake of argument: imagine Iru in full alien look like in the vid standing on a 4 meters high plateau in the center of the hall with massive silky weaves waving around her. Whole hall in eerie blue tints like in Madonna's Frozen. If you don't imagine this would be glorious I don't know where your mind is.

THIS.
When I first watched the music video and heard the epic choir vocals & drums it instantly sparked a very specific image in my mind. I was heartbroken to see the staging and knew that it would be the cause of elimination.
So much potential and all of it chucked out of the window.

I presume there was budgetary concerns as well, but even placing her in the mid stage would have created such a big difference instead of stucking her between 2 very tall overcrowding screens.

Meanwhile, though I don't care much about their song, San Marino went all in and put on a damn good show on stage. Same goes for Slovenia, they are surely charismatic performers yes, but there wasn't any expensive pyro and whatever (if i remember correctly). They were right in the center stage, interacting with the crowd which in the end goes a long way performance wise.

Iker

Veteran
I don't like this song that much since its release (too noisy) and kinda feel it won't do well with tilivoties because of the jumbled up lyrics, sad she's an nq tho I love her vocals.

I think the staging did it in. It didn't match the atmosphere of the song at all.

Ezio

Veteran

ESC94

The televote results of :ge: in the second semifinal:

1st place - :am:

4th place - :gr:

8th place - :lt: :sm:
9th place - :ua: :ro:
10th place - :au: :pl: :ee: ROTW

11th place - :be: :cy: :sl: :is:
12th place - :es:
13th place - :al: :at: :dk:
14th place - :uk:

Last edited:
So, not much buzz but from the geopolitical neighbourhood. I didn't click with the song nor her as a performer, as much as Eurofans did love her. I see now I wasn't the only one.

Top Bottom