Lock me in (In), lock me out (Out)
Lock me sideways
Lock me up (Up), lock me down (Down)
Lock me in (In), lock me out (Out)
Lock me sideways
(Circus Mircus)

burrito

The bar is literally on the ground

Georgia, baby, what is you doing (since 2012 except 2015)

it's astonishing that they aren't drawing any conclusions from this.

year after year they're stubborn enough to send something like that, completely ignoring the fact that lately the only relatively successful entry they've sent was 2015, completely different to what they usually do nowadays. Georgia isn't going anywhere near the final again and whoever is responsible for their choices for the contest needs to go

A-lister

Veteran
Which is a MUCH better way of selecting entries than the complete overthinking some countries do and the buying of stock MOTR songs that others do...

Yeah and how is that supposedly "MUCH better way of selecting entries..."-strategy working out for them? :lol:

MOTR? Meaning? xshrug If you refer to importing entries I'm not a fan of that either, but two wrongs doesn't make one right... problem with Georgia is that most of their entries are unlistenable, and that was my point. What's the point of being "original" if you can't pull it off? Being different just for the sake of being different isn't really a good strategy if the end-product isn't "there" so to speak.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I think MOTR stands for 'middle of the road'.
Ah ok, makes sense.

Yeah, not a fan of that either, but still a decent MOTR entry is better than a failed attempt at being "different". In the end of the day is the song that matters, but of course if a country can manage to pull off a song that is both good enough and still has some personality, that's the ideal situation. Unfortunately for Georgia, they don't.

A-lister

Veteran
Georgia, Montenegro & San Marino should withdraw. They have absolutely nothing to offer.
I think all independent European countries should take part, don't really like the mindset that we should exclude some because we don't like their entries, makes no sense and in the end of the day taste differs.

But of course there are countries that should try to step up their game, but for some (especially small ones) it's easier said than done so let's cut them some slack.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Georgia, Montenegro & San Marino should withdraw. They have absolutely nothing to offer.

Wow! Be careful with a tea this hot, people might get burned in here! :cool: :lol: Finally someone who tells it like it is. And I add, it's not only those 3 countries that should withdraw. I have at least 5 more that, if they finally decided to withdraw for good, the quality level of the contest would rise by at least 75%.

mauve

Veteran
I am late to this party, but this combo sounds wonderful! Year after year, Georgia is always high on my list, and it seems that this year won't be otherwise. I am absolutely looking forward what they have to offer! xheartxlove

ESC94

I am late to this party, but this combo sounds wonderful! Year after year, Georgia is always high on my list, and it seems that this year won't be otherwise. I am absolutely looking forward what they have to offer! xheartxlove

That means :ge: will only perform well if you don´t like their song. ;):LOL:

mauve

Veteran
That means :ge: will only perform well if you don´t like their song. ;):LOL:
That's true. I understand that other people have problems with Georgia's entries, but to me they are unique! One of the few countries that (almost) never diappoints me. :)

Looren

Veteran

Same for Georgia, the only year I didn't like them was 2016 (was dead last in my ranking) and I sadly think it'll be the same this time, I hope am wrong tho, Georgia is one of my fave ESC country xpray

mauve

Veteran
Same for Georgia, the only year I didn't like them was 2016 (was dead last in my ranking) and I sadly think it'll be the same this time, I hope am wrong tho, Georgia is one of my fave ESC country xpray
I actually like "Midnight gold" quite much, but in facht -the other years were a lot better. Let's see what we can expect this time! :)

Top Bottom