Lock me up (Up), lock me down (Down)
Lock me in (In), lock me out (Out)
Lock me sideways
Lock me up (Up), lock me down (Down)
Lock me in (In), lock me out (Out)
Lock me sideways
(Circus Mircus)

Biscuit02

wiwibloggs suggests that it‘s actually the Young Georgian Lolitaz who are behind this act… :unsure:
When really thinking this through that would make a lot of sense actually, I mean ''Midnight Gold'' was a good entry so I am expecting something good.

Sammy

Veteran
When really thinking this through that would make a lot of sense actually, I mean ''Midnight Gold'' was a good entry so I am expecting something good.
It does. I mean the story with the circus smelled suspicious from the very beginning.

Lance Esgard

The Wiwibloggs article suggesting Circus Mircus is really the Young Georgian Lolitaz did make some persuasive points. At the very least if they are separate groups they are very close and likely means YGL artists will at minimum be songwriters.

WIll be interested to see how the story develops.

A-lister

Veteran
Based on the little I heard from them so far it's really bad... it feels like the Georgian selection to Eurovision is hijacked by a person with a personal "taste" who runs his/her own show with the selection without even remotely thinking that he/she isn't alone on this planet.

Like I always said, I applaud countries for taking risks and trying something different, but there is a difference between taking a risk and make it work or just come up with pretentious nonsense (as is often the case with Georgia unfortunately), and add to that half-baked demo productions, bad compositions and lyrics written by child labor "writing camps" and you have your average Georgian entry unfortunately.

With that said, I am in the minority who actually liked their entry in 2021 (although not surprised it failed), but this looks really unpromising. I'll of course rest my case until I hear the end product, but I doesn't look hopeful.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

harey

I have listened to all their songs on Spotify, it's really the kind of music I enjoy to listen to daily. I like it, hope their song will be nice! (Yeah, it's not the kind of "wahoo factor" music but I believe there is also room them at esc.)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Based on the little I heard from them so far it's really bad... it feels like the Georgian selection to Eurovision is hijacked by a person with a personal "taste" who runs his/her own show with the selection without even remotely thinking that he/she isn't alone on this planet.

Which is a MUCH better way of selecting entries than the complete overthinking some countries do and the buying of stock MOTR songs that others do...

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Mrm

Veteran
Welll..what can I say, this already smells wonderful...
Love you Georgia, you rarely disappoint.. xbow xlove xheart

Mrm

Veteran
Wow, this is a really exciting artist announcement for me. I feel at this point that Georgia and San Marino are on a god given mission to make me swoon with delight each year. This band are totally up my alley. I've listened through every song they've released and I'm about 99% sure the vocalist on pretty much all of these songs is Nika Kocharov. Sounds identical to him. All his nuances are there. Most of Circus Mircus' stuff is giving off strong Young Georgian Lolitaz vibes. Midnight Gold is one of my all time favourite Eurovision entries. It was a risk that against all odds payed off and it was glorious. Something not specifically along those lines again but that's carrying the same raw spark could work here. What's important is that they go hard and fight this time. Really put effort into the staging.

I would have absolutely forgiven Georgia for not taking such an offbeat, difficult path just for once but it seems they have no intention of that, and I really admire them. I hope it pays off this time.
d298a6397565ed2c179fc8a774dc4c04c0bf082a.gifv

xbow Father, Son and Georgia in ESC! xbow

Ezio

Veteran
I am not living for an overproduced mystery.

Top Bottom