22 16.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I thought it was as simple as being a way of expressing that one's musical taste/hearing is effed up is you don't like his song.

But what he has said this year rather goes against the message of his entry from last year, doesn't it? He isn't taking other people for who they are, with their opinions and tastes but wanting them to be people they aren't.

I feel like his message is addressed probably to those going overboard with the comments they were leaving him. He specifically mentions "haters". We're increasingly seeing the nastier side of the fandom lately. What Tix this year and Aksel the previous one have gone through being recent examples. That toxicity isn't pleasant. It's downright rotten. If Tornike's received some of that too (I'd bet on this being the case), well, cue the weird craziness going on right now with his posts. Some people handle it better than others whilst a few have a "fuck you" approach, and Tornike seems to be the latter. It's not very savvy on his part.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well he's either incredibly naive or has just super thin skin if hes getting pressed over haters so easily. For sure the toxic people can be the absolute bottom of the barrel dregs of society but when your song is going out to millions of people then it goes without saying that hate is going to come back. On top that the simple saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. On top of that many singers are subject to a lot of negativity and most don't react to it like that, he really needs to wind his neck in. It really irks me that people take part in the contest, use that huge platform to promote themselves and their music and then go on to talk shit about it, as if they're above it or better than it. Salvador did it, then Hooverphonic last year and now this. It's just really really disappointing - but then i'm also not that surprised.

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

I feel like his message is addressed probably to those going overboard with the comments they were leaving him. He specifically mentions "haters". We're increasingly seeing the nastier side of the fandom lately. What Tix this year and Aksel the previous one have gone through being recent examples. That toxicity isn't pleasant. It's downright rotten. If Tornike's received some of that too (I'd bet on this being the case), well, cue the weird craziness going on right now with his posts. Some people handle it better than others whilst a few have a "fuck you" approach, and Tornike seems to be the latter. It's not very savvy on his part.
I was referring to why he seemed fixated on ears. But your point does address how his messaging this year may be consistent with his comments this year - firing back at the intense negativity coming back at him from certain quarters.

But I haven't read the whole thread and was responding to whatt I saw A-Lister wrote and other most recent replies, so if it has been noted that he has qualified who his messaging is directed at I was not aware of that.

fango

Very sad, if he said such a bad word for ESC. This year is really a year full of drama. The songs are all released (sorry I don't care about Belarus at all), and we can only look forward to more dramas in the future, so sad. :eek:

crashworld

Veteran
Now that all songs have been released (except Belarus, but I doubt I will like the artist's song to make a huge change).
I am re-evaluating all songs as per studio form and re-looking into my grading system and how I have ranked the songs according to my personal preference.

Georgia's entry is now my 4th least favourite song in the contest, so I am downgrading it to a :2:.

lasse braun

this quality slow song is not made for the typical ESC-audience,especially in the bubble!
the song from 2020 was true quality and this repeats without any copycat.:cool:
i am not sure but the jury could love it much more than expected as the bookies and in the ESCfanbubble.
from me clear :10:

Iker

Veteran
It is actually a very pleasant entry to listen to but it took me a while to fully enjoy 'You'. I liked calm :ge: 2018 as well (the harmonies towards the end were mesmerising for me) and many disliked that one too so I think it likely will have a similar fate.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Relistened for my panel reviews.

The soundtrack is pretty good. Shame about the horrible lyrics. Oh well.

Upgrade from a :2: to a :5: (but it's rly more of a 4.5)

midnightsun

Veteran
You have to sit down to soak this amazing song in. It takes time. Time we don’t have at Eurovision. You have to be in a certain mood to enjoy this. Most people won’t in the semi. But it’s okay, not every song can go to the grand final. I would love to see Tornike there but I can’t see it going far. This is one of the songs that will be permanent in some people‘s playlist after Eurovision. It‘s a timeless song. I can totally see me listening to this in ten years and I would have ten years ago. I get that it‘s not for everyone. For the sake of balance I wish this would qualify. But let‘s face it: it probably won’t and it’s okay.

hijirio

Veteran
At least he's showing his true face pre-contest so I can boycott him freely xcheer xcheer
I would have never known about him if it wasn't for Eurovision. And I actively listened to his song last year.
He had the opportunity to reach out to a person from Turkey with two songs, got millions of views, made fans all over Europe and beyond, all of that thanks to Eurovision.
This ingrate approach is unacceptable.

Well, at least he's feeding my stereotype on Georgian people being short-tempered and it's funny :D

kamc

Tornike will be the Conan Osiris of 2021 and that’s a pretty darn good compliment😍

ekzuu

First UK, now Georgia. Let's see if the promotion will work out :D

d9a3b21697767c6fe788c7c3da334222.png

kamc

It makes me sad that the general consensus is that this song is dead on arrival.
I don’t understand how so many people are failing to see the beauty of this? I really hope the juries will do their duty in May and push Tornike into a much deserved qualification spot:love:

harey

I'm making a small "eurovision contest" on my blog with family members and friends (they send me their votes without knowing each other results) and at the moment (5/7 votes on SF2), Georgia is qualifying on tenth place and Switzerland is on 11th place 3 points behind. It's stressful hahaha.

Top Bottom