11 8.1%

22 16.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ianp16

This is such a weird sounding entry, even though it's fairly conventional. I can't get my head around it. It's so... Meh. But not. Boring but not. It sounds like it's trying to be something it's not. I have no idea what I'm typing as I'm confused.

Also.

Tornike is fucking hot and handsome.

njdevils94

Veteran
Certainly a lot more vulnerability is being shown from Tornike this time around.

An atmospheric blues style song with a non-descript vibe. Like the host entry this year it doesn't feel remotely competitive but the live performance of this might surprise.

Beautiful music video.

Mrm

Veteran
YAY! I was so afraid after that snippet..it sounded just basic to me, and cliched a bit, BUT this entry in full and with this video is AWSOME! Maybe I miss a bit of agression "Take me as I am" had, he used more of rock voice in it certainly, but "You" is actually such a delicate composition, Gosh thaat buld is TOP NOCH..it is mesmerizing..Tornike Kipiani just delivered again! Thanks Tornike! xlove xheart xbow
And Georgia, once again take my :12: !

mauve

Veteran
YAY! I was so afraid after that snippet..it sounded just basic to me, and cliched a bit, BUT this entry in full and with this video is AWSOME! Maybe I miss a bit of agression "Take me as I am" had, he used more of rock voice in it certainly, but "You" is actually such a delicate composition, Gosh thaat buld is TOP NOCH..it is mesmerizing..Tornike Kipiani just delivered again! Thanks Tornike! xlove xheart xbow
And Georgia, once again take my :12: !
So great to hear that you love it too! xheart xlove

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

crashworld

Veteran
Really?? You found 12 songs to reward Douze points this year?
You make me feel old and grumpy... counting them thoroughly I have only handed out one singel 12 this year...And I was even in doubt about that one... xshock1:
I'm even worse. I didn't award any song a 12 and 2 songs got a 10 and one of them is a song that is universally slated.

Last edited:

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a bad song: there are several nice things about it, it is some kind of fresh air in an unusual way, so in same category as 🇵🇹 for me. Somewhere between :6: and :7: points for now and just in time for being my 10th this year. I can see both songs climbing up a bit in my ranking as well. As for 2020: Take me as I am was my 3rd with :8: pts.

ZoboCamel

I was a bit underwhelmed by the snippet, but on full listen I'm kind of liking this! If nothing else it feels a lot more genuine and original than the other ballads we've got this year, and we're short on good ballads. It might not be entirely up my alley, but I'm pretty sure I'll be liking it more than the average fan/viewer. :7: for now, I think; could move around quite a bit with future listens.

I'm even worse. I didn't award any song a 12 and 2 songs got a 10 and one of them is a song that is universally slated.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat of having no 12s xcry There were a handful of NF songs that could've made it there (Monument, Faith Bloody Faith, Kelle ma Soitan, Pretender, Imaginary Friend) but unfortunately none of them made it through.

I do at least have a handful of 10s, so hopefully some of them will grow on me...

fango

Wow, this is really a song completely different style from last year’s song. :unsure: He has already shown his explosive and powerful rock voice in his past talent show and last year’s song. This year, I think he wants to show the other side of him, tenderly and full of emotions. :) Beautiful song, beautiful music video, and of course, the most handsome man :love: in my opinion this year. Maybe not one of the winning choices, maybe entering the finals is in danger, but he sang his most sincere song. Well done Tornike, well done Georgia. (y)

Fluke

Sorry, this really doesn't speak to me at all... i just find it completely bland, and devoid of any distinctiveness. I really hoped he would send some kind of awesome rock entry.

Mainshow

Veteran
Tornike posted a post full of "hate" on FB calling it a "sad and existing relaity [that] we have to use Eurovision [which is a] shitshow to advertise work like this" - He also wrote "fuck your mothers" to "everyone who'll say [something] bad about [his entry]".

Ehm.. I don't know if it's just a lousy and problematic translation issue on FB but I'm shocked about this comment.

It's quite easy:
If you consider Eurovision to be a shitshow, don't participate in it.
Also, it's not the fault of the (Georgian) fans that your song is not competitive and simply.. dunno.. very well-received/good.

Madloba.

Mimmon

Veteran
Tornike posted a post full of "hate" on FB calling it a "sad and existing relaity [that] we have to use Eurovision [which is a] shitshow to advertise work like this" - He also wrote "fuck your mothers" to "everyone who'll say [something] bad about [his entry]".

Ehm.. I don't know if it's just a lousy and problematic translation issue on FB but I'm shocked about this comment.

It's quite easy:
Also, it's not the fault of the (Georgian) fans that your song is not competitive and simply.. dunno.. very well-received/good.

Madloba.
Maybe he didn't wanted it to participate but got forced by Georgian broadcaster....

crashworld

Veteran

It's quite easy:

Madloba.

Oh dear, that's not very nice. I mean I can get his frustration especially he feels very strongly about his work.
But then he is a public figure, he could have been more diplomatic with his response to the feedback.
Let's hope the cancel culture will not take him out, even though the song is most likely not going to qualify anyway.

EscGeek

Veteran
Wow, calm down, Tornike. Georgia can't be in my top 10 all the time. xpolice The important thing is that i like this year's entry.

Top Bottom