Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Okay yeah it's too early for full thoughts but :12:

mauve

Veteran
@mauve woooo so glad you enjoyed it in the end 🥳 I was worried from your initial reaction to the snippet. I knew I was going to adore it and those 30 seconds we were teased with were floating around my head all week long.
I will upgrade it to 12 ... xheart After a few listenings, I am simply loving this. And it is exactly as you say:

Quote: "It's incredibly rare that my music world outside of Eurovision collides with the contest, and this is the closest it's gotten since Young Georgian Lolitaz. Having stuff like this at Eurovision means something to me. I'm so grateful that Georgia continue to play this not by anyone else's rules."

This ballad doesn't bow to ESC-standards and that's what I love about this song and about many Georgia-entries.xlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Me in this song:

IdioticKaleidoscopicHamster-max-1mb.gif

I wish I hadn't left this till last to listen to as it's boring as hell. Clearly hes not pissed off like he was last year, but maybe he should have been because apart from that climax at the end this is just one straight sleeping pill. I imagine there is some jury support out there for this, but it's really not for me at all. :2:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Cute, atmospheric and pretty chill, but ultimately a massive downgrade from last year. Sigh, I was expecting for more substance and I'm pretty disappointed I cannot connect much to it.

:5:

CPV4931

Boring first impression, but this could work well live... looking forward to this performance :-)

kamc

Well this entry shocked me because I was totally captivated on first listen.
It creates such a mood and pulls you in, and dare I say I felt quite emotional at the end of it.
This is the most sincere and vulnerable entry this year and the perfect antidote to the plastic sincerity of Sweden.
Sadly, it’s totally chanceless but I love Georgia for doing it’s own thing and sending something so unusual and beautiful.

tuorem

With the teaser in mind, I was scared of pressing play when I saw the MV was released, preparing myself mentally to lament last year's entry already.

BUT it did take a direction I was not expecting at all in the end! I was ready for a slightly different version of "Here I Stand" and a mellow journey within Tornike's bubble was what I got.

The melody is so lovingly romantic and dreamy xheart As far as I know, we never had that kind of rhythm in Eurovision, it indeed gives me strong indie ballad vibes. And the amount of detail woven in this piece are so carefully balanced (the intro, the guitar setting the mood right from the beginning, the angelic voices of the second verse, the strings played pizzicato, the increasingly present drums exploding during the last part...) it takes me to Tornike's innermost being without overpowering the vocal delivery.

And what vocal delivery from someone who gave us vulnerability through the lens of desperation and helplessness last year! The vulnerability here is expressed totally differently, with a delightful restraint that conveys the message perfectly.

It totally caught me off-guard, for this is off-the-beaten path as far as Eurovision is concerned, and hands-down the most touching and delicate entry we've had in a while imo. Like Samanta Tina would say: remain impassive with such a precious declaration of love? Not my case!

Yes, this is not flashy at all. Its powerfulness all comes from within instead, and I am here for it. So many colours and layers to marvel here.

Tornike, darling, I apologise for having doubts about you. Would you accept my :12: points? xcry

I may or may not get ahead of myself, but this is a strong contender for my personal number one. :cry:

While listening to it, I instantly pictured Rainy and Mauve with Manga-like enraptured eyes, moving their lighters in the air to the rhythm of the song xlove No wonder you guys love it.

Ezio

Veteran
Reminds me of my favourite MGMT album. Sounds like the annual gem that gets overlooked in the semi.

mauve

Veteran
With the teaser in mind, I was scared of pressing play when I saw the MV was released, preparing myself mentally to lament last year's entry already.

Tornike, darling, I apologise for having doubts about you. Would you accept my :12: points? xcry
I am the one who have to apoligize as well cause the teaser disappointed me a little, but I bet I shouldn't conclude from teasers in the future, it's like a part being ripped out of context. I truly adore the song by now. What a vulnerability ... haven't heard something like this emotional at ESC for a long while. xheart

Top Bottom