11 8.1%

22 16.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

opinionsigotem

I liked the first minute or so, conjures up that feeling of wanderlust really well. The Joe Cocker choral blues rock ending wasn't to my taste but at least it stands out.
However, the lyrics absolutely kill the song for me. "Sunshine, I want to touch you" ? Hopeless.

Mainshow

Veteran
It's calm and relaxing. I enjoy listening to it.

That said, it's the least competitive entry this year. A sure NQ, maybe even last place innthe semi final.

harey

It's kind of boring but I like the atmosphere of it, I have to listen to it again to make my mind and can't wait to see the staging (with a good one it really could be 🔥🔥🔥)!

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
His voice is awesome as usual, the arrangements are quite cool but the song seems to go nowhere though i like the ambient mood.
Honestly i don't know what to think, but one more time, Georgia doesn't give a damn about trends, and i quite like it.

And yeah this will be killed in this semi, even tho i'm curious to see SJB's gonna make of it.

tararaaam

That's a really fair effort. I appreciated the simplicity, the beautiful voice, the calm music. Nothing fantastic but really respectful imo.

crashworld

Veteran
Georgia Georgia Georgia. Where do I start...

I have always like Georgia in the competition for not giving a single F about the results and just send in whatever they want.
I mean even if their songs are not what I generally listen to, I do appreciate them always sending a song where it best represents the singer's artistry/genre.

Having said that, I feel this song did not do justice to Tornike's talents. It started off a little moody and ambient, but then the song didn't quite take off and just languish in almost the same melody. With Switzerland in the same half, I am afraid Gjon's Tears is going to eat this song alive since both are male ballads. Although, the plus side is Georgia usually knows how to stage a performance, so hopefully the staging and Tornike's 'live' vocals will help to elevate the song further.

I still wish Tornike and Georgia all the best but I am afraid this song is going to stay in the semi.
I am giving this a :3: as I have no desire to listen to it.

Iker

Veteran
I enjoy the mood the song brings me to me and I would say it does not sound like your typical Eurovision song. I will refrain from scoring it now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
What's the matter with Rainy and mauve? :eek: Searching for their snatched wigs? Drinking away the disappointment?

Come on, this is Tornike, you don't need your wigs anyway! ;)

I think we're both recovering after having been called RainyFools and Grandmauve by..... BorisMorgan
tenor.gif

Or maybe I'm just writing a lengthy love letter post to my new number 1 of the year? 🥺

Pål Nordahl

This is completely inaccessible for me. I’m sure a lot people will like it, and I give him credit for avoiding the stereotypical Eurovision sound, but it’s not for me. Melodically it bores me to death, and lyrically it’s a little childish. :(

His voice is great, and the song is pretty original so for that I’ll give it :4: points.

mauve

Veteran
I think we're both recovering after having been called RainyFools and Grandmauve by..... BorisMorgan
tenor.gif

Or maybe I'm just writing a lengthy love letter post to my new number 1 of the year? 🥺
Well, GRANDmauve is can only be meant in a positive way, right Boris? xdiablo
And yes, the song is completely incompetitive and will probably stay in the semi, but hell --- I love it! It is so completely different than last year. But why do people think that slow songs are boring? Does it always have to be a bop??? This song gives me goosebumps and has wonderful atmosphere. For me it is not 12 though, but "only" a :10: as I like "Take me as I am" a bit more. But the song might grow and I will upgrade then. But the song is definitely an experience! xheartxlovexrose

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You is absolutely gorgeous and more than I was even hoping for. I wasn't expecting that dream poppy verse. Get rid of the percussion and the song wouldn't feel out of place on Weyes Blood's Titanic Rising album. So tender. It's lyrically incredibly simple, perhaps too much so for some but for me it does not detract from the soft, hazy beauty of the composition, and Tornike's delivery is just gorgeous (gosh, I adore his voice). The song's simplicity I find charming and I think will go a good way in helping this torch song to reach people. The bridge made the hairs on my arms stand on end the first time I heard it. How it all soars during that final chorus, urhhhh the buildup is fabulous. The sudden surge of power towards the end. It's such a perfectly structured 3 minutes. I know I'm going to be coming back again and again picking up new things with each listen. Tornike wrote the song himself and you can feel that with it. There's a sincerity here that's often missing from songs we hear at the contest.

I get this feeling of serenity with You that I really needed right now in my life. It's incredibly rare that my music world outside of Eurovision collides with the contest, and this is the closest it's gotten since Young Georgian Lolitaz. Having stuff like this at Eurovision means something to me. I'm so grateful that Georgia continue to play this not by anyone else's rules. I can understand the John Lennon comparisons as well. He's by far the best Beatle in my opinion, and the one whose solo work I have a great interest in. My favourite Lennon song is Love, and like You, its lyrics are incredibly straightforward and yet the emotion of that song hits me like a tonne of bricks whenever I experience it.

:12: points. What a nuanced beauty of a song. I trusted in Tornike and he delivered.

Near enough everyone apart from me counted Midnight Gold out from the get go until the moment Georgia were announced as finalists, so I'm certainly not counting Tornike out. You is a unique offering in a year where most people have upped the speed dial with their entries.

harey

I have put it as my tenth place on my eurovision scoreboard, I'm waiting for my extensive listening of all entries to be sure of my rankings but I believe that he deserves a place in my top.

@RainyWoods I was also a big fan of Midnight Gold, I can't hide my soft spot for Georgia. 😂

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@mauve woooo so glad you enjoyed it in the end 🥳 I was worried from your initial reaction to the snippet. I knew I was going to adore it and those 30 seconds we were teased with were floating around my head all week long.

Top Bottom