5 4.5%

5 4.5%

17 15.2%

• Total voters

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Re: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao - Sheni Gulistvis

This will sneak into the final to the sound of thousands of fanboys screaming, I am telling you now :mrgreen:

Realest

Tamara wil announce the georgian Points.
They should rather choose Nika Kocharov for longer. He was so fun last year.

Btw why does this Song have more 12s than 0s?

JamieBrown

Because there are more people loving than hating? But I'm not sure on that, I might do some more researches xthink

Mrm

Veteran

Because it is AWESOME! My fave of 2018! ;)

0scar

Funny enough, they shot the videoclip in a building one of the most popular tv shows in the Netherlands used earlier this year ("Wie is de Mol?", Who is the Mole?). The contestants needed to do a huge word search game in the building.

On this picture of Iriao, you can see some of the remainders of the word search on the floor:
2nvf2hi.jpg

See it for yourself https://youtu.be/oUCcYANvIqY?t=38m42s. :mrgreen:

NNR

I've started my Eurovision reviews this year with Georgia, so feel free to take a look if you want!

LINK

mauve

Veteran
Like the song a lot. It is really unique and a music festival for the ears! But because it is not radio friendly I fear people won't vote it much. :(

A-lister

Veteran
I'm confused what to make of this, but weirdly I like it and it's actually the best Georgian entry since 2010 to me, it's like listening to a blend of Christmas Carols, Elevator Jazz, Modern Classic music, choir music and folk, it's actually quite calming and nice to the ears, but that's also a bit of the concern, will it be remembered? It's certainly original, but it just comes and goes and the vocals blend into the background music and somehow it's not going anywhere. I still hope though for a wonder that this could make it to the finals, but I highly doubt it and I'm afraid it'll flop rather.

r3gg13

I'm confused what to make of this, but weirdly I like it and it's actually the best Georgian entry since 2010 to me, it's like listening to a blend of Christmas Carols, Elevator Jazz, Modern Classic music, choir music and folk, it's actually quite calming and nice to the ears, but that's also a bit of the concern, will it be remembered? It's certainly original, but it just comes and goes and the vocals blend into the background music and somehow it's not going anywhere. I still hope though for a wonder that this could make it to the finals, but I highly doubt it and I'm afraid it'll flop rather.

It's so good from a technical standpoint, but there's more to a song than it's technicalities.

It's a nice song song to passively listen to while eating a fancy dinner, sure. Would I buy this track, no. Would I actively seek to listen to this song, likely not.

A-lister

Veteran
It's so good from a technical standpoint, but there's more to a song than it's technicalities.

It's a nice song song to passively listen to while eating a fancy dinner, sure. Would I buy this track, no. Would I actively seek to listen to this song, likely not.

I hear you, well I appreciate it for trying to be something different and blend local sounds with "high class music", but the song is still a bit monotone so I don't think it'll go anywhere in the contest. It's a nice try though.

hijirio

Veteran
Effortless and cheap.

Looks like the Georgian channel has no vision. They are not actually aiming for the win. They just want to introduce their country's traditional music and let another year pass by.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Effortless and cheap.

Looks like the Georgian channel has no vision. They are not actually aiming for the win. They just want to introduce their country's traditional music and let another year pass by.

Eurgh, how disgusting... a country wanting to show off their national heritage and culture to the rest of Europe on the biggest platform possible...

hijirio

Veteran
Eurgh, how disgusting... a country wanting to show off their national heritage and culture to the rest of Europe on the biggest platform possible...

Israel is doing that, and she's first with bookmarkers, whether she will win or not, she already got 8.5 million views and introduced her traditional music to all over europe in a positive way.

You can show your national heritage and aim for the win at the same time, as you see.

ES2011

I'm not saying this is my favorite entry or anything, not even my top 10 and possibly not even my top 20, yet I have so much respect for Georgia for sending an entry like this.

At first I disliked it like most, however over time you start to pick up the small details in the song, which are actually quite beautiful. Each listen I feel I discover new aspect on what I first thought to be a bland and disorganized mess. I think the song builds wonderfully and take turns you would not necessarily expect. Some unexpected turns I can really appreciate and other far less. Yet it is a refreshing experience and most of all, authentic. Congrats Georgia!

mauve

Veteran
Israel is doing that, and she's first with bookmarkers, whether she will win or not, she already got 8.5 million views and introduced her traditional music to all over europe in a positive way.

You can show your national heritage and aim for the win at the same time, as you see.

Yes, but Israel's song has Western elements which is for the European people easier to listen to. Georgia concentrated completely on his national heritage which is courageous and daring and in my eyes wonderful. I like the Georgian entry more than Israel's!

A-lister

Veteran
Effortless and cheap.

Not everyone has to aim to win xshrug

I don't see the harm in just sending an entry showcasing your traditional music?, so it's "effortless" and "cheap" (as you previously called it) because it doesn't include Western Pop elements? xshrug I can get why people don't appreciate the entry, taste differs, but it's not effortless nor is it cheap, in fact it's a classy entry that isn't trying to compromise too much, it's a very "mature" entry in fact and kudos to them to actually daring to stand out with the knowledge of that this will probably flop.

Top Bottom