11 9.8%

5 4.5%

5 4.5%

17 15.2%

• Total voters

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: GEORGIA 2018 - Iriao

[MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] told me to stop whatever it was I was doing and to listen to Georgia's entrant, and his urgent call was certainly necessary. Go Georgia for doing their own thing and not giving a flying turd what anyone thinks. They don't always have me on board, but a lot of the time they compete with songs that are singular, and I think that's very much something to respect.

This seems like a promising choice. I feel like Iriao could blossom like a beautiful flower in Lisbon. I'm interested to find out what direction they will go in. It could be something a little experimental and free in nature, as they seem to have that side, judging by some of their songs on youtube. That could be cool. I'll have my fingers crossed however for something like this that i've shared below. Their lead singers voice is deep yet tender, and has a weariness to it that melts my heart here.

joancamo

[MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] told me to stop whatever it was I was doing and to listen to Georgia's entrant, and his urgent call was certainly necessary. Go Georgia for doing their own thing and not giving a flying turd what anyone thinks. They don't always have me on board, but a lot of the time they compete with songs that are singular, and I think that's very much something to respect.

This seems like a promising choice. I feel like Iriao could blossom like a beautiful flower in Lisbon. I'm interested to find out what direction they will go in. It could be something a little experimental and free in nature, as they seem to have that side, judging by some of their songs on youtube. That could be cool. I'll have my fingers crossed however for something like this that i've shared below. Their lead singers voice is deep yet tender, and has a weariness to it that melts my heart here.

OMG!! The intro from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG_bMcSibiw is actually them right? They used it for the JESC promo from this year!! :O

Sammy

Veteran

Again, Georgia has chosen a very unusual act for Eurovision. Haven't heard a lot from them so far, but with the right song, this could be a pleasant surprise. Qualification though might be a challenge...

Realest

I gave them a 2nd chance and still find them horrible. Id rather listen to a clicheballad from a young heartbroken girl than to this.

Sammy

Veteran

Since there is no NF, I suppose there will be a show to decide which member of the group has to stay at home, since they have 7 members and only six are allowed on the ESC-stagt. (btw. did Georgia know this rule when they nominated them? :mrgreen:)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

This is either going to be amazing or a total shit show, only time will tell.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I don't know what to think at this point, I guess I'll have to wait for the song before passing judgement! :)

hijirio

Veteran

Many Eurovision singers choose a genre more Eurovision-ish when preparing their entry for the contest.
I hope these guys also put some effort to Eurovision-ize their entry and not go with sth that is 100% what they have done till now.

Plus, I want an entry from Georgia that is not ethno-jazz or ethno-rock, but totally 100% ethno folk song.
That will work for sure.
Their traditional instruments are so AMAZING !

So sad that they are not as successful as their neighbours.
I hope next year they will find success by staying true to their culture and sending a folk song IN GEORGIAN xheart

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Where is the [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] who jumped for joy when Georgia 2015 qualified? :(

This is such an epic selection, I hope they stick to their roots AND keep it in Georgian, if they do that then I'm sure we're all set for a truly incredible entry from Georgia, back to their best xheya

EscGeek

Veteran

i agree, this could be either horrible lullaby, or another awesome thing from georgia
I'm giving it 70% chance for it to be amazing and 30% to be awful

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Where is the @Matt who jumped for joy when Georgia 2015 qualified? :(

This is such an epic selection, I hope they stick to their roots AND keep it in Georgian, if they do that then I'm sure we're all set for a truly incredible entry from Georgia, back to their best xheya

I didn't jump in 2015........you mean 2016?

If yes, I don't think these two bands have much in common except for the fact that they are non-mainstream. This is basically jazzy yodeling to me, not really the greatest combo. But I'm withholding complete judgement until we have the song......I'm just not holding my breath.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

... Well this doesn't have me exactly thrilled. :'D not being the eurovision normal doesn't automatically mean it is good. Hopefully i'll be pleasantly surprised with something great.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I didn't jump in 2015........you mean 2016?

If yes, I don't think these two bands have much in common except for the fact that they are non-mainstream. This is basically jazzy yodeling to me, not really the greatest combo. But I'm withholding complete judgement until we have the song......I'm just not holding my breath.

Yeah 2016, sorry :oops:

Mrm

Veteran

This sounds very promising to me..I hope to see smth extraordinary like Mariko & The Shin, with a touch of real ethnic music…fantastic and bold choice..

tuorem

This is why I respect Georgia so much in Eurovision: they take risks and don't care about recipes. I'd like to see more nations share their approach.

Good luck to Iriao. Regardless of the final product, variety-wise it's already a nice addition to the contest to me.

Ezio

Veteran

Unusual choice, but looks like an instant non-qualifier. Let's see.

Fluke

I came here expecting to see people hate it, like they do everywhere else for some reason! Surprised people here seem to like both this and The Shin.... i really hope and think they can do what The Shin tried to do, but do it RIGHT! Not that The Shin weren't awesome, but it really wasn't suitable for the ESC, but i really hope they can learn from and improve on it!

ag89

Georgia is always playing risky, I love them. :D :D

Top Bottom