16 9.9%

13 8.1%

12 7.5%

14 8.7%

13 8.1%

25 15.5%

• Total voters

Marko279

Like this song. 10 pts from me. What a pity, what a shame it is not in final. Unbelievable.

JonnyWest

giphy.gif

Bye Tako

Edward

A fiery performance. Considering some of the atrocities that got through this deserved the final.

Loved the effort put into staging and her dress.

Taking the results into account however, the only lasting effect this song will have on me throughout time is the memory of "wait, do not switch it off yet" following Sweden's abysmal entry to this year's edition, unfortunately.

ag89

She is not lucky. In 2009 she couldn't even participate and this time she failed to qualify.

blue00eyes

This song starts promising, but the biggest moment comes too early and the song gets annoyingly repetitive and shouty.

NQ expected.

Milos-BC

Amazing vocal performance (one of the best ones of the night) and a good song but it wasn't enough :( The draw was bad (awful actually) and the other slower songs stood out more.

I was hoping for a surprise but deep down I knew this will happen sadly.

tuorem

Ok, I got to watch the official DVD both yesterday and today. Enjoyed every moment of it as I didn't re-watch the shows since they were broadcasted live.

Here I come back with my little reviews (yes, I know, I haven't finished them last year, don't judge me, I'll probably fix this situation later). This time though, it'll be much shorter: I liked writing full posts but it always took me forever to gather my thoughts, so I guess it's best to just throw my feelings out there in a more spontaneous fashion.

So, what to say about "Keep The Faith"?

-Song-wise, it instantly reminded me of recent super-theatrical ballads like "Rise Like A Phoenix" and "One Last Breath", and I guess I didn't enjoy that one as much at first for that matter (because it put me in a familiar/similar "mood"). However, while listening to it again, I think it was a very solid effort with a well-crafted composition. It's basically pure musical theatre stuff, and I'm not surprised Anri Jokhadze wrote it: over-the-top seems to be his jam. It's very melodic, it's dramatic as heck, it builds up nicely, still the song is quite "heavy" to me: the fact it's very intense and there are lots of things happening makes it hard for me to "digest" it and play it on repeat. And that comes from someone who is a sucker for dramatic ballads. It maybe lacked a little bit of originality, but it was still superior to pretty much 95% of the ballads this year. People were complaining about how repetitive the chorus was... Personally, I don't feel that at all.

Still, I applaud Georgia for re-inventing themselves again. My musical highlights are the ominous-sounding piano of the intro and the bridge allowing Tamara to place a high note while a choir keeps on singing the chorus (I always get goosebumps when that part comes).

-Vocally, Tamara was fantastic. She can sing and her voice has a delightful "roughness" to it. Her performance was faultless to me.

-Visually, it was maybe the most subtle work I've seen from Sacha Jean-Baptiste so far because it's totally not in your face, if one doesn't look at the led screen, one can miss a lot. The color scheme was on point: the song demanded red and black shades. The moving shapes in the background reminded me of blood drops: creepy but accurate as far as the message is concerned. The flames were cleverly used during the bridge, somehow I wish the backing vocalists had been visible, it would have given more power to their parts imo (and they would have served satanic ritual realness too :mrgreen:). I think the act didn't need more visual tricks, as Tamara put on a show herself and the "emotionally-heavy" nature of the song demanded not to get carried away. There is a thin line between tastefulness and tastelessness, which fortunately has not been crossed in this case.

Outfit-wise, Tamara's dress wasn't really my cup of tea but I think it suited the song and went well with her glorious hair.

-Results-wise: I think Georgia were robbed. The moment they didn't make it I knew they had just missed out, and I was right. Her starting position didn't help them, yet they have nothing to be ashamed of. In my personal ranking, they are around the 11th/12th places, which means they just land at the gates of my top ten. As I said, it deserved to qualify and it was one of the best ballads this year to me. The only drawback is that I can't listen to it too often because it's very intense and it maybe lacks an extra spark for me to rank it higher. Good job Georgia though!

Ezio

Veteran
I think drama and Diva realness works well inside the bubble, but not with the majority of casual viewers. That is why it is always "divas" whose hype trains crash. And Tamara did not even have a hype. She was an underdog diva.

Mainshow

Veteran
1 point for its James Bond vibe - Her voice is too nasal for my liking and I don't like her diva-esque and bitch-y attitude.

Ezio

Veteran
I am growing addicted to this song lately. However, I am not the biggest fan of her froggy voice. But I really love the song more and more and more.

ESC94

Well, :ge: is the only country beside:sm: which hasn´t send an entry i liked so far, and this wasn´t an exception.

I´m generally a huge fan of ballads, but this was just too theatrical and her voice also wasn´t my cup of tea at all!! I gave this just :2:, and only for the production which was kinda ok.

Top Bottom