9 3.9%

7 3.0%

6 2.6%
  • 0­

19 8.2%

• Total voters

Sammy

Veteran
thanks for that video Trece. So if you look at it, 2 times in the final she was completely covered in smoke. One time in the semifinal the same happened.
So there has been as much smoke in both performances. But naughty ORF didn't tell the smoke where to go! Really! How could they! :D

I didn't realize it btw when watching. One could of course say, they could have changed the angle, but if she's completely covered, a total shot doesn't change so much, I think.
I don't think that this had any negative effect on the impression though. She reappeared quite quickly and it gave the whole performance the mystic atmosphere, they obviously wanted. Was there any negative comment by the georgian delegation? They are the most qualified to judge this.

DaFlo

Banned
Not by the delegation (or maybe I dont know) but there was a comment from Nina on facebook.
And its not only the smoke, some camera angles during the performance were also wrong (e.g during the wings the camera wasnt exactly in the middle, amateurish ORF fail)

DaFlo

Banned
SdhDd0u.png

I guess she can already laugh about it :D amazing girl xlove

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I didn't really notice the smoke issues when watching on Saturday, but now that I see the video Trece posted, it was a bit much. Still, a great song in my opinion, one of my favorites this year. :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I just watched the semi final performance again, and I just love at the end of it how she says "thank you... Love you Georgia". In hushed tones. She sounds like shes completely off her face. xrofl

GRE

She was perfect.
But it was wrong decision to go wild & aggressive.

Odalis

She was perfect.
But it was wrong decision to go wild & aggressive.

Oh i totally agree, they should have gone for butterflies, raindows, Dolly style outfit and Poland's pink piano for this childish cute little song Nina had :lol:

GRE

Oh i totally agree, they should have gone for butterflies, raindows, Dolly style outfit and Poland's pink piano for this childish cute little song Nina had :lol:

No.
But her look and the song were already enough aggresive,
they shouldn't overdo in my opinion.

tuorem

Time for me to review the Georgian song this year :D

Nina Sublatti - Warrior

Song: I didn't know what to expect about a song called "Warrior" and to be honest, I'm not disappointed. It starts with a strong beat, which leads us to the verse -which is imo the best and catchiest part of the song- the chorus is nice as well, I like how the melody quickly goes from low to high notes. It slightly reminds me of Evanescence, and I like it. On a negative side, I think the "bridge" adds nothing to the song and the last minute is basically the chorus repeated 3 times, I guess some variation would have been welcome. Besides, maybe they wanted to keep it simple, but I feel like it lacks some arrangements overall. I wouldn't say it sounds like a demo, but it needed some kind of build-up at some point. As it is, it's very "beat + voice" and something's missing to make me love it completely. But it remains a good entry and a strong effort from Georgia.

Voice: To me, most of the appeal comes from Nina's voice. It totally suits the mood of the song, it's strong and fierce as it should be. Her performances were really great, I wouldn't have guessed she was sick the day before the semi tbh.

Staging: They focused on the background screen which was indeed fantastic with the eyes. On stage, it seemed a little empty, but I guess it was just due to wrong choices of camera angles, they should have opt for more closeups instead of really large angles imo. The smoke was a nice addition to the act but in the final... what happened? One could barely see her during the first minute of the song! Hopefully it cleared afterwards, I sensed some failure somewhere, this wasn't done on purpose.

Outcome: 11th is a good place, congrats Georgia! With such a draw and a second half filled with ballads, she stood out obviously. To me, it's one of the best Georgian entry ever (with One More Day). In my personal ranking, Georgia is placed between 11th and 15th place, it's a good song, not one of my favourites, but it's deservedly above half of the songs this year. Keep up the good work Georgia! ;)

njdevils94

Veteran
The queen of performing through a fog storm due to a smoke machine malfunction. Dissapointed it missed out on top 10 but oh well. My # 4 of the year 2015. :p

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Guys what if the lyric is "steel stocked in my mind" i.e. "I have a mind full of steel;" it's still weird but makes a little bit of sense.

Sorry please do carry on with your day.

Alaska49

Guys what if the lyric is "steel stocked in my mind" i.e. "I have a mind full of steel;" it's still weird but makes a little bit of sense.

Sorry please do carry on with your day.
does any other entry of that year makes us think as much as this one? NO. scholars are still out there trying to dissect it. A TRUE INTELLECTUAL. should have won jury tbh. who are mans and aminata?

Top Bottom