Contact us

[Game] ESC 2004 - Swap 2 finalists

Ezio

Veteran
Eurovision 2004 had one semifinal before the Grand Final, for which the Big Four as well as the Top 10 non-Big Four countries were pre-qualified based on their results in 2003. From the semifinal, also, 10 countries advanced to the Grand Final, which meant, that the majority of semifinalists were left outside.

Here is the game:

You get to pick 2 non-qualifiers from the semi and swap them with the two most undeserving qualifiers. Here is the caveat: you only get to swap one qualifier from the prequalified countries and from semifinalists each. The 2003 winner and the big 4 are safe and cannot be swapped!

Prequalified are the Big 4 (safe) and also :

:tr: (safe)
:be:
:ru:
:no:
:se:
:at:
:pl:
:is:
:ro:
:ie:

Qualfied via the semifinal are:

:rs:
:ua:
:gr:
:al:
:cy:
:nl:
:ba:
:mt:
:hr:
:mk:

Not qualified therefore are:

:il:
:ee:
:dk:
:fi:
:pt:
:lt:
:lv:
:ad:
:by:
:mc:
:sl:
:ch:

So, I begin: Do I really want to swap non-qualifiers with actual finalists? Yes.

I actually was laser focussing on eliminating :at: (Tie Break - Du bist) until I replayed :ro: (Sandra Ladosi - I admit). So horrible!!! So, Austria is safe, and Romania gets the boot. The non-qualifier that I swap in is ..... :pt: Portugal (Sofia - Foi Magia). This song bewitched me on first listen, because it is magical.

And the second swap goes for qualifiers from the semi over another non-qualifier, and therefore I swap ..

... no one!

Because I think the Top 10 of this semi are quite satisfying and deserved, and so are the non-qualifiers.

These are my swaps and what are yours?

Top Bottom