11 6.1%

6 3.3%

6 3.3%

3 1.7%

5 2.8%

9 5.0%

• Total voters

Citelis

How to destroy a good song with one of the worst stagings ever! And wtf with the 2nd dress? LOL

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I think somebody should introduce Barbara Dex kinda award, but for the worst staging. You can all be sure Macedonia will be winning year after year.

They will for next year. "The Eye Cue award for worst staging"

Juliette

What kind of outfits were these, omg. Loved the song, honestly, but I have ended up worried about their looks more than about the song. :(

musicfan

This was the disaster of the night in my opinion (together with Bulgaria), it was just horrible.

It sounded a much better song than the Bulgarian one to me, yet that hardly gets criticism because of all the hype it got.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Bless this mess. I found the whole thing actually kind of charming to watch. That bald guy was a cutie with all his actions on stage. The little finger pointing bit and his big smile throughout. I couldn't take my eyes off him cause he stuck out so much. A lesson perhaps in how not to stage stuff but it was kind of weirdly endearing. I hope Macedonia don't get last here, but I fear it's coming.

tuorem

My question is: how can you show up to the blue carpet in such a fitting, elegant and sexy dress, and then save horrendous outfits for the night that counts? xthink Why? Don't you love yourself gurl?

A-lister

Veteran
To me, the song itself, is still in my top. 10 and I still find it better than some of the qualifiers. Although, I didn't expect it to qualify so I wasn't surprised, however I would have wished for it to do. Yeah, the staging wasn't very good (looked a bit cheap, like cheaper performances from ESC 2005 or something), but I think she did it vocally good enough and yeah, the song is still what counts the most for me in the end, but they should have done the staging completely differently though to present it in a better light.

EscGeek

Veteran
elegance is passé (hvala ne!) :mrgreen:

Seeing Marija's 2nd dress was one of my highlights of the evening.. i still think about how beautiful and sexy she looked.

For comparison: Franka's costume was "just there" for me...Not impressionable at all

GermanBango

I honestly thought her boobs were out when she took that jacket off :lol: (because of the weird print on the dress)

blein

Macedonia always fails with staging... sad. + her outfit was rly bad.... 100% barbara dex

tararaaam

Sadly that was a disaster. Probably the worst comparison between studio and live version of the semi1. Terrible shakey vocals, messy staging, no serious concept, screams and weird vocal choices of the backing vocalists. Such a let down, I voted it a lot in the eurovision top we had here on escunited, but last night I found myself singing on top of the song, to avoid listening to these vocals.

Kevan1994

Obviously the staging and camerawork could've been better but it wasn't as horrible of a performance as these comments make it out to be. I'm more disappointed that the snippet they used in the voting review didn't really focus in on the singers, which could have definitely helped people remember and connect with the song before voting. I have a weird feeling this scored a lot higher in the televote than people would think.

Romeo

Poor Macedonia... They have only qualified ONCE after 2007.

I can see them dropping out soon but I hope not

Ezio

Veteran
How to ruin a song

by making it inaccessible at first sight....

With this staging Macedonia pressed the reset button and made the song inaccessible again for those who already were in love with it after the song grew on them.

But the strange thing is, the performance gets better the more I watch it. But it's too late.

Franzilein

Macedonia and horrible stagings, name a more iconic duo :lol: Whoever is responsible for Macedonia's staging should be replaced, they always send sweet songs (especially 2015 and 2017), but fail to deliver on stage. It's getting ridiculous. Her dancing seemed a bit stiff as well, felt awkward to watch.

Citelis

They need help with staging for sure! It's sad to see a good song ruined like that! But i fear they may want to withdraw.

A-lister

Veteran
Macedonia and horrible stagings, name a more iconic duo :lol: Whoever is responsible for Macedonia's staging should be replaced, they always send sweet songs (especially 2015 and 2017), but fail to deliver on stage. It's getting ridiculous. Her dancing seemed a bit stiff as well, felt awkward to watch.

This! I think Macedonia is sending some pretty decent entries, this is among my top. 10 this year, but each year they are so off with the staging is tragic, the outfits, the choreography, the focus etc.

Top Bottom