11 5.9%

15 8.0%

8 4.3%

43 23.0%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I'd be careful to judge them without proper evidence. Maybe they said it maybe they didn't. But Lozano attended several parties at Euro Club including the parties of Belarus and San Marino and was perfectly fine and comfortable among the gay men attending those parties.

Mimi

I'd be careful to judge them without proper evidence. Maybe they said it maybe they didn't. But Lozano attended several parties at Euro Club including the parties of Belarus and San Marino and was perfectly fine and comfortable among the gay men attending those parties.

Finally a voice of reason! Thanks.

GermanBango

I don't think that this is true, actually.
I only read good things about her for instance that she was very friendly to the press and to the fans in Malmö! Remember Esma herself is part of a minority group, it seems very unrealistic that an open minded woman like her says something like that!
BTW I also read that she even sang on a gay wedding some years ago .... would a homophobic person do that ?
Naaaahhh this seems like bad press ...not more not less.
And anyway how can someone dislike gay people ? They are as "normal" and lovely as straight people for me (a straight guy) ! xup
Don't believe all the roumors, Guuuurls. :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Finally a voice of reason! Thanks.

I'm just careful when it comes to the "he said, she said" scenarios. We dont' know what Lozano said...heck we can't even confirm 100% Esma said those things.

Granted, Esma was quite delusional and was convinced they were going to win (even though she didn't know any of the other songs) and if she made those comments I wouldn't be too shocked but as said, we don't have any real evidence and the media already reached out to her so let's wait and see what her response to that is going to be.

Similar claims were made towards the 95 year old man from Switzerland who allegedly made some disparaging comments towards the gays but we don't know for sure so I don't see the need to bash them unless we have something "official"

GRE

Who will be the brave person to tell her the truth of the disqualification? :rolleyes:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I'm just careful when it comes to the "he said, she said" scenarios. We dont' know what Lozano said...heck we can't even confirm 100% Esma said those things.

Granted, Esma was quite delusional and was convinced they were going to win (even though she didn't know any of the other songs) and if she made those comments I wouldn't be too shocked but as said, we don't have any real evidence and the media already reached out to her so let's wait and see what her response to that is going to be.

Similar claims were made towards the 95 year old man from Switzerland who allegedly made some disparaging comments towards the gays but we don't know for sure so I don't see the need to bash them unless we have something "official"

And how do we get something "official"? Esma is hardly going to come out in response and admit it is she? It's always going to be "he said, she said". It's simply a case of whether you believe she said those things or not. I believe she did. Oh, and a 95 year old member of the Salvation Army saying something homophobic? Sounds about right to me. Don't really need much in the way of evidence to believe that.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't think that this is true, actually.
I only read good things about her for instance that she was very friendly to the press and to the fans in Malmö! Remember Esma herself is part of a minority group, it seems very unrealistic that an open minded woman like her says something like that!
BTW I also read that she even sang on a gay wedding some years ago .... would a homophobic person do that ?
Naaaahhh this seems like bad press ...not more not less.
And anyway how can someone dislike gay people ? They are as "normal" and lovely as straight people for me (a straight guy) ! xup

The "she's also part of a minority group" argument is not valid what-so-ever... it's not as if that directly qualifies one to be open-minded to other minority groups... xshrug

Also there's a huge difference between belonging to an ethnic minority group or a religious minority group or a sexual orientation minority group... those aren't really connected (well the first two may be to some extent, but not the latter), and even within the same minority groups people are obviously individuals aswell and may not agree even within those particular groups xshrug

Anyhow, I won't really say anything on this since it seems it's mostly based on rumors so far and without any actual proof so...

Scooby

I really doubt that Esma said that. She is a very tolerant person and she always support every kind of human rights and freedoms. At the end neswpaper that published news are ahhhh soooooo yellow and 95% information on them are false.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I was ready to be quite upset and disappointed with the pair until I read the comments box. Esma has sung at a gay wedding before and made the comment quoted in the blog to the press jokingly (it would seem) about there being a lot of gays at Eurovision.. although she does say (not sure if 100% serious or not) that they basically didn't stand a chance because of the gay following... which doesn't make any sensexwhat

I'm gay and loved Esma and Lozano... especially Esma and i'm sure there are lots like me who were drawn to Esma for similar reasons:rolleyes:

I'm not quite sure what was "Homophobic" about the comments? I hate how these words get thrown around.

Nicfedy

Why would anyone have to lie about an,act making such disgusting comments. Unless she makes a statement denying she said this, then we should assume its true. If that the case let the old hag crawl around where she belongs at the absolute bottom of any ranking

Tinchey

Like I said it's probably false, but even if he dislikes gay people it's his right to do so (in a way that he doesn't feel comfortable around them), that's like taste. It's like disliking certain people based on their characteristics like lazy people in general. Not everything should be considered as homophobia. Besides it's not the most liberal area he grew up in... it's Balkan. Personally I don't feel offended (I just respect others opinion and freedom of speech no matter if I agree or disagree with it), gays can be really sensitive sometimes. :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Like I said it's probably false, but even if he dislikes gay people it's his right to do so (in a way that he doesn't feel comfortable around them), that's like taste. It's like disliking certain people based on their characteristics like lazy people in general. Not everything should be considered as homophobia. Besides it's not the most liberal area he grew up in... it's Balkan. Personally I don't feel offended (I just respect others opinion and freedom of speech no matter if I agree or disagree with it), gays can be really sensitive sometimes. :)

I dislike Croatians I feel uncomfortable around them, it's my right to do so, like lazy people. Just respect my opinion, it's my right to do so. Makes sense. Croatians can be so sensitive sometimes.

Tinchey

I dislike Croatians I feel uncomfortable around them, it's my right to do so, like lazy people. Just respect my opinion, it's my right to do so. Makes sense. Croatians can be so sensitive sometimes.

And it's totally okay! :D

CC92

xpuke You think it is acceptable to dismiss someone for something that isn't their fault, and – in case of homosexuality – is not even objectionable? Laziness is a different thing since it is a negative trait that everyone is able to change (unless it is because of a psychosomatic disease).

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
And it's totally okay! :D

It's not okay to most people And I'm glad it's not cause most people understand that being disliked for something that isn't their fault is wrong so it's natural for people to be offended and upset by these things. Imagine someone going "Ewww, that person is in a wheelchair, keep them away from me". Is it their right to say that? Absolutely but it's everybody else's right to be offended by it and react accordingly.

That being said, I'm still not sure Lozano said these things so I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

A-lister

Veteran

:lol:

While I got Tinchey's comment (I agree that people should be allowed to think and say what they want - no one can force anyone to like everything), you sort of hit the nail on it though...

I think you're both right on this, depending on how one wants to approach this.

Tinchey

xpuke You think it is acceptable to dismiss someone for something that isn't their fault, and – in case of homosexuality – is not even objectionable? Laziness is a different thing since it is a negative trait that everyone is able to change (unless it is because of a psychosomatic disease).

Erm, where did you get that from, according to the text he's not comfortable being in company of gay people, what's wrong with that, not like HE SAID SOMETHING OFFENSIVE, because this information mentioned before is obviously not real.

Tinchey

:lol:

While I got Tinchey's comment (I agree that people should be allowed to think and say what they want - no one can force anyone to like everything), you sort of hit the nail on it though...

I think you're both right on this, depending on how one wants to approach this.

Yeah it works in both ways I agree... :)

CC92

Erm, where did you get that from, according to the text he's not comfortable being in company of gay people, what's wrong with that, not like HE SAID SOMETHING OFFENSIVE, because this information mentioned before is obviously not real.

Well, apart from that his supposed 'reasoning' is plain stupid and based on sterotypes I'd feel offended. And in my opinion othering, especially when it goes against minorities, is a form of bullying. I've no sympathy here.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I can understand the point you are making. You'd think the way some people are reacting that Esma screamed "I HATE GAYS!!!", people are overly sensitive. Sure being gay is not easy, I know.. but we haven't even got the full picture here of what has been said. If it was a video interview it would have been easier to form an opinion. meanings get mistranslated in text.

I'm pretty certain Esma wasn't saying what she said with Malice though. If a gay guy light heartily said at Eurovision that "They were afraid to leave the hotel room for fear of getting their ass grabbed" no one would bat an eyelid and we'd all probably laugh at it. Actually reminds me of something i'd joke about myself. Petra made plenty of gay jokes during the contest that I literally howled with laugher upon hearing them. You could tell the hall wasn't as impressed though. Eurovision is overrun by us, it's a fact:rolleyes:

If the stuff thats been said was said with hatred then yeah, this isn't good at all. We really don't know though but i'd give them the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't sense homophobia in the quoted comments and this is coming from someone who's been subjected to a lot of it.

Top Bottom