15 8.0%

8 4.3%

43 23.0%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
As per Nina, the backup singer of Esma

[h=5]Hey guys, I am one of Vlatko and Esma's back-vocals on this years ESC... I can assure you that the statement about the gay lobby is NOT true, Kurir from Serbia is more attraction media, than true media... She was the one telling us how she has a lot gay friends, how she enjoyed their company all these years, and how she treats them well... Please ESCtoday, don't do this to her, this is very very untrue. I'm not going to make any comments about her singing, we all did our jobs, and it's up to you to decide weather it's good or not. I assure you that this is drown out of context... We enjoyed every minute of going out, Vlatko was at every ESC event and this statement is a journalist lie...[/h]

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
^ Well there we have it and I believe her too. I must say though, I only read the link that was posted on Wiwiblogs before which censored bits out. Had I read the full thing that was posted on ESCTODAY originally I probably wouldn't have stuck up for them so eagerly. I was wondering why everyone was so angry and now I understand.

Esma has gay friends, she's sung at a gay wedding even. She may be old and from a different time and culture but I don't think she'd be this stupid to talk in the way that was quoted by this Serbian paper or whatever it was. I agree with what Matt said before though, she is very... deluded:lol: I like her though.

aletem

She did say in an interview that the contest is more politicized now and that you have to buy your place in the finals pretty much. The other accusations are wrong. Kurir likes to say interesting things! :lol: And I doubt Lozano would say anything. He is a modest guy as far as I know, and as far as I've seen on the interviews.
And as someone said, she is from a minority group and does a lot of humanitarian work + being part of human rights.

If I were Macedonian then Id be ashamed to have had two bigots like these represent my country!
She or he never said anything like that! She even sang for a gay wedding in Netherlands couple of years ago, why would she make any accusation like that.

Mimi

She did say in an interview that the contest is more politicized now and that you have to buy your place in the finals pretty much. The other accusations are wrong. Kurir likes to say interesting things! :lol: And I doubt Lozano would say anything. He is a modest guy as far as I know, and as far as I've seen on the interviews.
And as someone said, she is from a minority group and does a lot of humanitarian work + being part of human rights.

She or he never said anything like that! She even sang for a gay wedding in Netherlands couple of years ago, why would she make any accusation like that.

Clear your pm's, your storage is full! :lol:

Milos-BC

Too bad that such two great singers haven't been used in a right way. The song was just simply.......very bad, and I feared that it may end in bottom 2 :(

Better luck next year neighbors! :D

Terence

Exactly - I was more sorry for him rather than her, as I don't like her way of singing!

Milos-BC

The main problem with the song is that it is not "harmonic".

It sounds like two random songs are mixed together. While Vlatko's parts were quite listenable, Esma's ones were just wrong. Esma is an amazing singer, she is the queen of gypsy music, and she is respected and liked here a lot, but this wasn't the song for her. I am not sure if "Imperija" would qualify, but it would've got a better result, for sure.

Mimi

After I get out of the shower I wrap my hair in a "towel turban" too xwhistle

tumblr_m6juafLgpO1rzrk9qo1_500.jpg

^ ^ ^
I get a lot of compliments xhmmm but it's not me... :lol:

Nicfedy

well I don't know what to believe now. Certainly the Serbian gutter press seems to be at fault and she should sue them for libel. I think generally there is a lot of sour grapes as Bosnia couldn't be bothered this year and the others were poor entries unfortunately.

zoyuxi

When I first heard Lozano's voice, I was thinking, "Wow, he sounds so sexy!" And then when Esma came in, I was like :?

JimmyJump

I love how everyone likes the guys voice and then comes Esma and pisses everyone off ! :lol:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Very sad news, RIP.

Top Bottom