Everything's black and white
The good, the bad, equal, the same
Day drowns in the night
As you pool me, back in the game

Everything's black and white.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rose

Re: MACEDONIA 2012

I quite liked our song this year, especially the performance. I think this was our best performance yet because it finally included some cultural elements (costumes, choreography). That said, next year I want:

1. Internal Selection. Skopjefest is a big joke! It seems to be working so well for B&H, surely this is the way to go. Pick one great artist, and go from there
2. ETHNIC. I mean this in the song, costumes, performance etc. We have a beautiful culture but we never show it off. Thinking back on my fav entries from ESC - Lejla, Lane Moje, Zauvijek Moja, Oro, this years entry by Cyprus - all beautifully ethnic, we can top all these if we put in the effort.

As for artists, I think Kaliopi, Synthesis or the band Anastasia. Synthesis would probably need to include a strong male vocalist. I know this will not be a popular idea, but I was watching this concert of Martin Vucic's and there is no denying he can sing. Other than that I am struggling to think of a good male vocalist. Or else we could go the other way and put something really cool, Shine for example.

Last edited:

VedatiNet

Im also for Synthesis. Choose them internaly and make song that suits them

aletem

Don t forget Saso Gigov Gis
Yes, Synthesis would work really well with Gish! :D
Kaliopi would be great. I also wouldn't mind sending a modern pop/rnb song as well. Although I prefer a ballad next year. They seem to work well when it comes to qualification. :lol:

erick

Boby Andonov will be the great choise, Macedonia then maybe will fight for victory :)

Bojan

also if we have a return to ESC star next year I would love to be Karolina again (yes you know I LOVE her :p )
she had her big solo concert last Friday in the Boris Trajkovski Arena in front of 10.000 fans! (including myself of course :) )
she sanged her ass off and If she comes back with an up tempo modern track such s "Kraj" I would like the dancers in the beginning of this video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAccwQag0_E to be a part of her performance! they are awesome! btw, that's a medley from tne concert and at the end it's her duet with Vlado Janevski, and I see quite of support online for both of them to duet again for ESC next year! :eek:
Karolina & Vlado duet at ESC? Yes please.

Rose

Karolina and Vlado would be amazing. I think Vlado's 'Ne Zori Zoro' is our best esc song, I would love to see a similar song next year. Problem is Karolina has already represented us twice, I worry that the third time would be overkill.

aletem

Karolina and Vlado would be amazing. I think Vlado's 'Ne Zori Zoro' is our best esc song, I would love to see a similar song next year. Problem is Karolina has already represented us twice, I worry that the third time would be overkill.
I agree with everything you said!

Bojan

well Kerol was @ ESC in 2002, than 2007 and next year is 2012 :p you see the pattern don't you?
I don't think it would be an overkill if she goes for the 3rd time, but unfortunately she already said that 2 times was enough :(
but oh well, a boy can dream xD

CypriotGirl

Veteran

One of the artists that participated in ESC before and I want to see them again is KAROLINA! "Mojot Svet" is one of my favourite ESC songs ever! I can't understand even now how this song was not in top 5!

Alternatives: Magdalena Cvetkovska, Elvir Mekic, Lambe, Bei The Fish, Darko Ilievski, Jovan Jovanov.
I'm not really fond of Kaliopi, but she'd be a good choice as well, but with a strong song!

Bojan

Sim

I hope Macedonia can sent someone like in 2006=)

Still think that she is the best macedonia has sent:D
And I want to see you back in the finals

Rose

I'll be fine with Lambe too. with an up tempo pop song that is.

I think you touched on the key issue here, the SONG is the most important thing, not the singer. Lambe would be great, but he has to have the right song. What is the point of sending him if his song is crap? The problem with Macedonia is that we always vote for the singer, not the song. Why do you think Vlatko was chosen? Because his song was the best? Surely not, I think Martin's song was better. But because he's Vlatko, he got voted in. Vlatko's fine and all, but Rusinka was far from being his best song.

In my opinion, we have only sent two amazing, top quality songs to ESC - Ne Zori Zoro & Mojot Svet. The rest have been good, but not amazing. Or else we start out having great songs (Angel Si Ti, Ninajana etc) but ruin them by singing in English. Or else awful stage performance / styling / choreography (every single song up to date apart from this year lol!) I really hope we have learnt our lesson from the past four years, send the right song and everything else will fall into place . . . I'm dreaming:lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom