10 3.5%

4 1.4%

9 3.2%

43 15.1%

• Total voters

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Re: MACEDONIA 2012

I think you touched on the key issue here, the SONG is the most important thing, not the singer. Lambe would be great, but he has to have the right song. What is the point of sending him if his song is crap? The problem with Macedonia is that we always vote for the singer, not the song. Why do you think Vlatko was chosen? Because his song was the best? Surely not, I think Martin's song was better. But because he's Vlatko, he got voted in. Vlatko's fine and all, but Rusinka was far from being his best song.

In my opinion, we have only sent two amazing, top quality songs to ESC - Ne Zori Zoro & Mojot Svet. The rest have been good, but not amazing. Or else we start out having great songs (Angel Si Ti, Ninajana etc) but ruin them by singing in English. Or else awful stage performance / styling / choreography (every single song up to date apart from this year lol!) I really hope we have learnt our lesson from the past four years, send the right song and everything else will fall into place . . . I'm dreaming:lol:

I think you are another Cyprus! :lol:

aletem

It's not like I don't like Karolina to represent Macedonia, is just the fact that I will turn out to be a hypocrite (when I asked why did Chiara had to go again for a third time, though I never liked her :mrgreen:). :lol:
I don't think Jovan Jovanov will go for it. He was part of the team this year and two years ago. He actually missed a good chance of going with his brother this year (the song was pretty modern).

Lambe - good choice, but I still want a girl to go for :mk: :lol: The only guy I would like us to represent is Gish, and maybe I could even add Vlado Janevski (but he won't do it again).

Kaliopi with a song like this would be nice: :mrgreen:

Bojan

I agree that the song is hat matters the most! Maybe MKTV should start the song hunting earlier this time, like this summer even! And not to wait until end of November and give them time till New Years, so they'll get crappy songs entered @ SkopjeFest as they usually do.
I also agree that at SF people vote mostly for the singer... it was the case this year, but it was NOT last year for example...Gjoko was never a very popular act in :mk: before the SF '10 so it was a somewhat of a surprise that he won last year.
XXL back in 2000 also won out of nowhere, but all other SF winners since it is our NF for ESC have been, big or popular at the time acts that were winning. Elena Risteska back in 2006 was actually coming back after a break, and won against names such as Kaliopi and Esma, and also can be considered as a darkhorse victory back than, but also 2006 was not SkopjFest but it was named as National Selection for ESC or sth like that :lol: She actually became more popular by winning that selection, and Ninanajna is still her biggest hit.
Unlike Karolina, Vlado and Tose that have tons of better and bigger hits than their ESC entries.
I'm not against SkopjeFest, I think it should keep going on as it is our oldest pop festival, but I would rather have a brand new format for selecting our SONG for ESC in the future.
We need a change, and hopefully the people in charge for ESC @ MKTV will think about it seriously in the near future.

Milos-BC

Kaliopi all the way :D

AlbaniainESC

i want to se Tuna Sejdiu to present F.Y,R Macedonia in Eurovision 2012 :) she is so beautiful

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

In another huge announcement, MTV has just announced that local pop diva Kaliopi will represent FYR Macedonia at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Baku!

The FYR Macedonia broadcaster MTV has decided to select internal for 2012 and they have chosen popular pop singer Kaliopi. The song will be decided in a similar process to the 2004 entry, when Tose Proeski represented the country.

Kaliopi first tried to represent the country back in 1996 with “Samo ti”, but was unable to make it though to the final. To date, Kaliopi is one of the most famous performers in the country and has released nine albums with countless hits. Additionally, she is an honorary ambassador of UNICEF in the country and has several awards to go with the honours.

Source

Last edited:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: MACEDONIA 2012 - Kaliopi

Kaliopi, is a popular Macedonian singer and song-writer. She is one of the most recognisable names on the Balkan music scene. She is known for her strong voice and a signature high-pitched scream. Born December 28, 1966 in Kičevo

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Unique vocals and a mature singer (45 years). I have a feeling she may stand out which is a good thing. Good luck Macedonia!

Bojan

FINALLY A SMART DECISION BY MKRTV!
no more BS SkopjeFest songs! let Kaliopi write few of her own and we'll choose the best one :D
yaaay xdance

Cooler

Banned

OMG WOOOOO! I really love many Kaliopi's songs and her voice is so great! Go go go go Macedonia!

evilperson

Thank the heavens above! Kaliopi is the best! Here's hoping for an awesome song! :)

Cooler

Banned

....okay. So Zeljko vs. Hari vs. Kaliopi vs. Jelena R.

The Balkans are going all out in this edition.
Jelena was interviewed by Nov@ TV and she said she's not going to go to Dora. :p But, yeah, many great singers next year, seems.

CPV4931

She seems to have a good voice, so quite nice desicion. I hope for a good song!

Top Bottom