Contact us

FSC Sweden

A-lister

Veteran
So for the results in the August edition, unfortunately I see that the Swedish language entries continue to struggle, which is unfortunate. I didn't have necessarily super high expectations (although I really like the song myself) but I really hope it's not a linguistic thing.

Anyhow...

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#138 - August 2020 ! xhug

40 pts

:12: :ca:
:8: :lv:
:6: :br:
:5: :pl:
:3: :hr: :il:
:2: :my:
:1: :ie:

... and a recap of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:10: :de:
:8: :it:
:7: :pl:
:6: :bg:
:5: :lt:
:4: :ru:
:3: :es:
:2: :mx:
:1: :cy:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#139 - September 2020 :se:

Isak Danielson

Silence

WfNyVWo.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending the 23-year old singer-songwriter Isak Danielson with the entry Silence, released in autumn of 2019 and later on included on the singer's second studio album titled Remember to Remember Me, which was released this spring.

The song is a melodically beautiful and well-produced timeless-styled, yet contemporary, mid-tempo Pop ballad with a strong message which can be interpreted in various ways; is it literary against violence? is it speaking up against destructions created by humans such as climate change? or is it simply about a personal struggle?

Danielson had his major public debut at the age of 14 back in 2014, when he entered the first (and only) edition of Swedish X-Factor, which he eventually would end up third in. Since his debut single Long Live This Love from 2014, Danielson has since released three EP's and two studio albums including singles like Broken and Power amongst others.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Seeing :se: narrowly losing partly due to our own :12:-pointer is slightly bittersweet but nonetheless still great results for us this month :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#139 - September 2020 ! xhug

133 pts

:12: :cy: :ro: :ru: :za:
:10: :be: :id: :ua:
:8: :pt:
:7: :no:
:6: :de: :hu: :my:
:5: :uk:
:4: :at: :ba:
:3: :us:
:2: :ie: :it: :nl:

:12: :ua:
:10: :ro:
:8: :mx:
:7: :il:
:6: :cz:
:5: :ch:
:4: :at:
:3: :uk:
:2: :rs:
:1: :my:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#140 - October 2020 :se:

Nicole Sabouné

Nowhere to Go

EljBuij.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending 29-year old singer-songwriter Nicole Sabouné and the entry Nowhere to Go, taken from the singer's 2019 EP Come My Love. The song is a beautiful, yet haunting and dramatic, dreamy indie-Pop ballad with influences of Baroque pop and Art pop and acts like Kate Bush and Florence & The Machine.

Sabouné got her breakthrough by entering Sweden's first, and so far only, season of the TV singing talent show The Voice back in 2012, where she was coached by the Swedish glam-rock band The Ark's front-singer Ola Salo (a band known by songs like It Takes A Fool To Remain Sane and Calleth You Cometh I as well as representing Sweden in the 2007 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest)

Sabouné would later on work with Salo on her 2014 debut album Must Exist which includes her 2012 debut single Unseen Footage From a Forthcoming Funeral as well as the 2014 release Win This Life. In 2015, Sabouné followed up with her second, and self-produced, album titled Miman including the single Bleeding Faster.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
As for the results for :se: this time around, I didn't know what to expect so I must say it was pretty decent and I'm fine with that. Interesting to see that it didn't collect points from that many jurors, but the ones that did end up voting for it awarded it high points so it seems to have been a quite polarizing entry.

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#140 - October 2020 ! xhug

64 pts

:12: :pt: :es:
:10: :nl:
:8: :az: :cy: :ro:
:6: :ch:

:12: :at:
:10: :mx:
:8: :dk:
:7: :be:
:6: :uk:
:5: :ma:
:4: :za:
:3: :ca:
:2: :rs:
:1: :no:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#141 - November 2020 :se:

Miss Li

Komplicerad

TYtQ4gu.jpg

PRESENTATION:

After a couple of more serious entries in English, we are switching it up for this edition with the quirky, fun and catchy Pop song Komplicerad (Complicated) performed by former FSC-winner Miss Li. This is the third time we see Miss Li entering the contest, but the first time with a Swedish-language entry. The song, which has become one of the biggest hits in Sweden of 2020, has some similarities stylistically of K-Pop but with a Swedish twist. The entry takes on elements of late 90's/early 00's bubblegum Pop, with an almost animated highly addictive chorus, but also includes elements of modern Swedish vispop, which gives the song a unique flavor. Lyrically, it's filled with sarcasm, sass and self-awareness and basically Miss Li explaining in a humoristic way why she's bad at relationships.

Miss Li is the stage name of now 38-year old singer-songwriter Linda Karlsson who debuted back in 2006 with the single Oh Boy, taken from the singer's 2006- debut album Late Night Heartbroken Blues. In 2007, she was featured on singer-songwriter Lars Winnerbäck's eighth studio album and the single Om du lämnade mig nu (If You Left Me Now), which became the singer's first single to top the Swedish Singles Charts and a song that has become somewhat of a modern Swedish classic. In 2009, Miss Li was entered to the FSC for the first time with the song Dancing the Whole Way Home , taken from the singer's fourth studio album. In the 99th edition of the FSC, back in May 2017, she won the contest with the modern power Pop ballad Aqualung , taken from the singer's eighth and latest album titled A Woman's Guide to Survival.

Miss Li has yet to release her first Swedish-language album, but after taking part in the TV-show Så Mycket Bättre for two editions (2012 and 2019) (a music show where the participants make covers of each other's songs), and especially with the success of the cover Lev nu dö sen (Live Now Die Later) from the 2019 edition (which became her second, and first solo, single to reach the #1 spot on the Swedish Singles Charts) as well as the success with Komplicerad, Miss Li has crossovered to Swedish like many other Swedish acts have done for the past 10 years after starting out initially with English-language materials, although she is still releasing English versions of her Swedish language singles which also includes Complicated.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Very pleased with the results for :se: this edition, especially since Swedish-language entries tended to fair mediocre at best (or flop in many cases), so maybe the curse is finally broken? :)

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#141 - November 2020 ! xhug

89 pts

:12: :il: :lt:
:10: :ba: :my: :uk:
:7: :be:
:6: :dk: :ma:
:5: :ie:
:3: :hr:
:2: :az: :pl: :ru:
:1: :de: :ch:

:12: :bg:
:10: :ru:
:8: :ba:
:7: :nl:
:6: :ca:
:5: :us:
:4: :ma:
:3: :ee:
:2: :tr:
:1: :pl:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#142 - December 2020 :se:

Victor Leksell

Svag

67oGt0t.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So we're finishing off this strange year with yet another big local hit here in Sweden, in fact the biggest hit in Sweden of 2020 and the most streamed Swedish-language song of all time as of to date; Svag (Weak), performed by the 23-year old rising new star on the Swedish pop scene Victor Leksell.

The song, which was debuted live on the annual fundraising entertainment TV show Musikhjälpen back in December 2019 and officially released as a single in January 2020, is a modern contemporary-produced acoustic guitar-based Pop ballad with a chilled singer-songwriter campfire mood and a sweet catchy hook combined with subtle Trap and Swedish Vispop influences, giving the song a quite distinct sound and character.

Leksell first entered the Swedish version of the TV talent show Idol back in 2017, where he made it to the qualifying week but failed to reach the weekly semi-finals. He later on released his debut single Vart du sover (Where You Sleep) in May 2018, followed by his first top. 10 single Tappat (Lost), which was released later in the same year. In 2019, he would achieve his first top. 5 charting solo single with Allt för mig (Everything to Me) as well as another top. 10 single with Klär av dig (Undress You) and in a collaboration with the Swedish pop act Estraden, Leksell would achieve his first top. 3 single with the song Bra för dig (Good for You).

This month's entry Svag is not just the biggest song in Sweden this year, but has also managed to top the official Norwegian singles chart as well as managing a top. 20 position on the Danish equivalent, making it one of those rare moments when a Swedish-language song manages to cross-over to our Nordic neighbors. In June 2020, Leksell also released his debut album titled Fånga mig när jag faller (Catch Me When I fall), which topped the Swedish albums chart and also managed to reach the top. 3 on the Norwegian one.

Now the question remains, will this Swedish and Scandinavian hit of the year also manage to be a success with an international audience here in the FSC? We shall see...

Being the last edition of this year, from the bottom of my heart I wish you all a Merry Christmas (if that's what you celebrate) and a Happy New Year, and I hope and believe that next year will be better, that we will come through this pandemic stronger on the other side and that life will start to come back to "normal" rather sooner than later. My thoughts and prayers also go out to all those that lost their lives or health and all the loved-ones who lost someone to this disease and everyone else affected in one way or another. Music has a healing power so having the FSC community and to get together in our shared joy of music has meant even more in a year like this! xhug

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
So the Swedish results in the last edition of 2020 were fine, it would have been nice to manage another top. 10 but it's all right ;)

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#142 - December 2020 ! xhug

79 pts

:12: :ch:
:10: :hr: :dk:
:8: :cy:
:7: :at: :ba:
:6: :ru: :uk:
:4: :lt:
:3: :ee:
:2: :cz: :hu:
:1: :be: :ma:

:12: :rs:
:10: :ba:
:8: :ma:
:7: :cy:
:6: :at:
:5: :mx:
:4: :ua:
:3: :lt:

A-lister

Veteran
SWEDEN in FSC 2020

JF41kKY.jpg

#131 January: LÉON - You And I 4th
#132 February: Miriam Bryant - Du med dig 31st
#133 March: Winona Oak - Let Me Know 3rd
#134 April: Klara & Jag - Måste jag dö? 19th
#135 May: Måns Zelmerlöw - One 7th
#136 June: Anna Bergendahl - Home 2nd
#137 July: Dotter - Backfire 3rd
#138 August: Hemliga Klubben - Vi har inte mycket kvar 23rd
#139 September: Isak Danielson - Silence 2nd
#140 October: Nicole Sabouné - Nowhere to Go 12th
#141 November: Miss Li - Komplicerad 5th
#142 December: Victor Leksell - Svag 11th

Results-wise, 2020 was a pretty strong year for Sweden with 7 top 10's (4 of which were top.3 positions). Although close a couple of times, this year didn't bring any victories to Sweden. Just like usual, I tried to keep a language balance and 5 out of the 12 entries were performed in the Swedish language, however only one out of those entries managed a top. 10 position. Results aside, the entries chosen were as always a reflection of my own personal taste and an attempt to showcase the Swedish music scene with a mix of genres with some songs that have been hits in Sweden during that year and others that are lesser known yet equally worth discovering.

:se::se::se::se::se::se:

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 RECEIVERS - 2020 [change since 2019 year-end chart]
1 [+2] : :ua: 65pts
2 [NEW] : :pl: 41pts [8x]
3 [NEW] : :it: 41pts [7x]
4 [NEW] : :ca: 38pts [7x]
5 [-3] : :il: 38pts [6x]
6 [NEW] : :at: 31pts
7 [NEW] : :mx: 29pts [5x]
8 [NEW] : :ru: 22pts [5x]
9 [NEW] : :ba: 28pts
10 [-6] : :bg: 24pts

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 SUPPORTERS - 2020 xrose [change since 2019 year-end chart]
1 [NEW] : :ro: 61pts
2 [+1] : :uk: 60pts
3 [-2] : :il: 55pts
4 [-2] : :cy: 51pts
5 [NEW] : :ba: 41pts
6 [NEW] : :ru: 44pts
7 [-3] : :ch: 40pts
8 [NEW] : :id: 39pts
9 [NEW] : :ca: 36pts
10 [NEW] : :dk: 35pts

MY 12-POINTERS - 2020

January: :ua: Tina Karol & Yuliya Sanina - Vilna 21st
February: :pl: Cleo - Dom 2nd
March: :be: Angèle - Oui ou Non 36th*
April: :ua: Patsyki z Franeka - Marichka 16th
May: :es: Delaporte - Clap Clap 16th
June: :us: Billie Eilish - everything i wanted 38th*
July: :pl: sanah - Szampan 16th
August: :ca: Caveboy - Silk for Gold 8th
September: :ua: Artem Pyvovarov - Dezhavyu 1st
October: :at: Wallners - in my mind 20th
November: :bg: 4Magic - Vselena 1st
December: :rs: Aleksandra Prijovic - Legitimno 10th

*Failed to vote thus ended last according to the rules

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#143 - January 2021 :se:

Miriam Bryant

Nån av oss

Luv4iC7.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So we're starting off the new year with a come back to the contest and it's with singer Miriam Bryant and the entry Nån av oss (Someone of Us). In total this marks Bryant's fourth entry to the contest (third as a solo act and second Swedish language entry). Back in August 2013, Bryant came second with the song Push Play and just under a year ago her first original Swedish language single Du med dig (You With You) was entered to the contest.

The single Nån av oss, which was released back in March 2020, is Bryant's first release after her 2019 Swedish language EP titled Mi Amor, and most probably her first official single of an upcoming new Swedish language EP or album to be released sometime this year. With this song she continues on her path of Swedish language material and her take on contemporary Swedish Pop with a touch of Vispop.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
I'm actually really happily surprised with the results for Sweden this time around, especially considering the track-record for Swedish language entries and in particular Miriam Bryant entries in the contest, I didn't have too high hopes (although I do like the song). It's actually the best result for a Swedish language entry in nearly 2,5 years (Sanna Nielsen also managed a #4 back in the October 2018 edition) so that's really cool xclap

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#143 - January 2021 ! xhug

87 pts

:12: :ee:
:10: :at: :ru:
:8: :ch: :uk:
:7: :il: :us:
:6: :ba:
:5: :ca:
:4: :id: :rs:
:3: :ma: :no:

:10: :ro:
:8: :mx:
:7: :dk:
:6: :es:
:5: :cz:
:4: :ee:
:3: :lv:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#144 - February 2021 :se:

Jon Henrik Fjällgren

Mountain Dance

UWMrroh.jpg

PRESENTATION:

A-lister

Veteran
I don't know where to start but I'm not gonna lie, I actually had pretty high expectations this edition, but I personally thought that we would maybe make the top. 3 at best (since we've been close sometimes but often fail to reach the absolute top), so winning this for the first time in almost 2 years and my fifth one since I joined back in 2013 (and sixth one in total for Sweden since entering the contest back in 2009), is really something and I'm humbled and happy for all the support so a big...

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#144 - February 2021 and made this victory possible ! xhug

139 pts

:12: :ba:
:10: :az: :lt: :pt: :ru:
:8: :ro:
:7: :mx: :ch:
:6: :ma: :rs: :ua:
:5: :cy: :ee:
:4: :bg: :hu: :id: :lv: :pl:
:3: :my: :no: :tr: :us:
:2: :hr: :dk:
:1: :gr:

:12: :ro:
:10: :ch:
:8: :pl:
:7: :es:
:6: :il:
:5: :rs:
:4: :ru:
:3: :hu:
:2: :uk:
:1: :ua:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#145 - March 2021 :se:

Albin Lee Meldau

På riktigt

lS9sgjl.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this March edition, we are sending 33-year old singer-songwriter Albin Lee Meldau with the entry På riktigt (For Real). The song, which can be described as a mid tempo Neo soul ballad with Indie rock elements, is the first single taken from the singer's second, and first Swedish-language, album titled På svenska (In Swedish), released in 2020.

Meldau debuted with the single Lou Lou back in 2016, taken from his debut EP Lovers which was released in the end of the same year. In the following year, he released his second EP Bloodshot, and in 2018 he would finally release his first full debut album titled About You, which included the single The Weight Is Gone. The album eventually managed a top. 3 position on the official Swedish albums chart later that year, which could have been an effect of Meldau taking part in the popular TV-Show Så Mycket Bättre (a Swedish version of the The Best Singers concept) in the same year.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
As for the Swedish in the latest edition, I guess I didn't have super high expectations, so I'm happy it managed to score on the "left side" of the scoreboard at least...

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#145 - March 2021 ! xhug

56 pts

:12: :hr:
:10: :ee:
:6: :at: :ca: :il: :za:
:3: :hu:
:2: :ba: :pl: :ch:
:1: :lt:

:12: :hr:
:10: :us:
:8: :at:
:7: :ee:
:6: :il:
:5: :ba:
:4: :gr:
:3: :rs:
:2: :pt:
:1: :za:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#146 - April 2021 :se:

Agnes

Fingers Crossed

MZFUsF3.jpg

PRESENTATION:

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Sweden managed to get its second victory in just a quarter xshock! That's a first and really an accomplishment xclap, and we are are super happy and grateful for all the support... so a big...

... Thank you to everyone that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#146 - April 2021 and made this victory possible ! xrose xhug

150 pts

:12: :hr: :pl: :ch: :uk: :us:
:10: :br: :lv: :lt: :za: :es:
:8: :mx: :ua:
:6: :ee: :ro:
:5: :bg:
:4: :il:
:3: :no:

... and being the first time in a long time that Sweden consists of more than 1 jury member, see below our split jury votes:

__ @A-lister @SwedishFailurez
:12: :de: _ :lt:
:10: :ro: _ :pt:
:8: :rs: _ :lv:
:7: :hr: _ :mx:
:6: :ba: _ :cz:
:5: :uk: _ :it:
:4: :no: _ :pl:
:3: :ua: _ :ru:
:2: :br: _ :ba:
:1: :at: _ :ee:

A-lister