Contact us

FSC Sweden

As the new co-jury of Sweden I can say that I’m really proud of A-lister’s accomplishment with our recent victory. It reflects how powerful the Swedish music scene truly is outside the Eurovision/Melodifesivalen-bubble.

Both I and A-lister are looking forward to share exciting and diverse songs from Sweden in upcoming editions, including our current one of course.

:se: FSC#148 - June 2021 :se:

Nira K
Mitt i juni

szY35fh.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, we are going for yet another Swedish language entry and sending the artist Nira K with the song Mitt i juni (In The Middle Of June). Mitt i juni is a dreamy synth-pop song with heavy influences of Swedish music flavors. The song was written in 2018 when Sweden was experiencing an exhausting heatwave and fires nationwide were reported. “Mitt i juni, Sverige står i brand” is a metaphor for maintaining a loving relationship despite the world is on fire and the struggles it bears.

Nira K debuted with her single Du har fel which also was a hit on Spotify there the song reached the viral top 50 in Sweden. Throughout Nira’s career, she has been on minor concert tours in Sweden, and her music is solely made for a niche audience within the Swedish music market. Nira has never enjoyed mainstream success and her career was on hiatus for a few years until a new wave of singles was released in 2020 like Kontroll and of course Mitt i juni. Ever since, curious music buffs have discovered Nira K’s discography and a loyal following is on the rise.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#149 - July 2021 :se:

Gozzina

Håll om mig

5yRvn1F.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending the catchy uptempo track Håll om mig (Hold Me), performed by the music project Gozzina. The entry is a catchy and lighthearted Pop track which includes elements of both Country-Pop and Swedish Schlager-Pop and is a perfect fit for any summer party out there!

Gozzina consists of producer and songwriter Rasmus Gozzi and singer Annie Forsberg. Usually Gozzi is known for releasing novelty/joke songs with a light vulgar context, and while this entry is also meant to be nothing more than simply a catchy lighthearted Pop song, it doesn't include the novelty factor that tends to be Gozzi's signature and thus has a more universal and wider approach.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#150 - August 2021 :se:

Myra Granberg

HKF (Håll käften & försvinn)

fMtcYsH.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is kicking off this August with the catchy and contemporary Electronic Dance-Pop entry HKF (Håll käften & försvinn) (SUGL - Shut Up & Get Lost), performed by 27-year old singer-songwriter Myra Granberg. The lyrically quirky uptempo track incorporates elements of both Swedish Indie-Pop and Tropical house.

Starting out as a songwriter, Granberg debuted as a solo artist under her own name in 2018 with the single Tills mitt hjärta går under (Until My Heart Goes Under), however it wasn't until a year later in 2019, after signing with Sony Music, that the song really took off and it would eventually peak within the top. 10 on the official Swedish Singles Chart in early 2020. Granberg also released her debut EP Bara hälften kvar (Only the Half Left) in 2020 and has since achieved success on Swedish radio as well as receiving nominations for the Swedish Grammy Awards including "newcomer of the year". This summer, Granberg also achieved her first top. 3 charting position with the single Lose my mind.

Apart from her career with Swedish language Pop and general songwriting, Granberg is also having a side project under the pseudonym Lvly, under which she releases Electronic Pop music for Epidemic Sound with songs like Red Lights among others.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

Ekholmia

:se: FSC#151 - September 2021 :se:

Lou Elliot

Happy For Me

Lou_pressphoto-2.jpg

PRESENTATION:

This month Sweden is represented by the the 28 year old artist Lou Elliot from Gothenburg. Lou Elliot is her artist name, her real name is Louise Lennartsson. The song she is representing Sweden with is ”Happy For Me”. It’s written by Louise herself, Cassandra Ströberg and Alex Shield. The song is produced by Carl Silvergran and Pontus Persson.

Apart from being a solo artist she is also a member of the band Estraden, in which she sings in Swedish. She is also established as a songwriter for other artists. She has written songs for the likes of Molly Sandén, Darin and Norlie & KKV.

She made her solo debut in October 2020 with the song ”Best You’ve Ever Had”. That song was written by herself, Gustav Måns Nyström and Linnea Anna Södahl.

She is signed to Sony Music, Milkshake Label‎.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#152 - October 2021 :se:

Dotter

Vintern jag var sexton

cduW5AE.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, we see a familiar face making a comeback to the FSC. We last saw singer and songwriter Johanna Jansson in the FSC back in July 2020 with the entry Backfire, which ended up in the top. 3.

Jansson, who goes by the stage name Dotter (Swedish for "Daughter"), is perhaps mostly known to Eurovision and Melodifestivalen-fans for her attempts at representing Sweden in the European contest with her Melodifestivalen entries Cry [2018], Bulletproof [2020] and recently in 2021 with Little Tot. In the 2020 final of Melodifestivalen she ended up as a runner-up with just 1 point behind the final winner, and the entry Bulletproof also remains her highest, and so far only top. 3, charting single on the official Swedish singles chart to date.

Apart from her own solo material, Jansson has also co-written songs to other artists including the Melodifestivalen entries A Million Years from 2017 and Victorious from the 2019-contest.

This month's entry for Sweden titled Vintern jag var sexton (The Winter I Was Sixteen), was released a year ago and is Dotter's first, and so far only, single sung in Swedish. It's a melodic, beautiful and slightly melancholic Swedish pop ballad about the longing for a teenage love and a time long gone.

LYRICS:

:se: FSC#153 - November 2021 :se:

Raaban feat. Séb Mont​

Vertigo

lLxUhkC.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, our representative is the Swedish DJ Raaban whose real name is Robbin Söderlund. Raaban has created many EDM hits through a broad range of collaborations with other singers such as Rabih Jaber, Stockholm Syndrome ("Karma" FSC 59), and Japanese singer Yuka Masaki. Raaban is most famous however as being part of the former duo group Tungevaag & Raaban.

During the period under the “Tungevaag & Raaban” name, he has released singles such as “Samsara”, "Parade", "Take Me Away" and "Bad Boy" which was the Swedish entry in FSC 124. The duo has also collaborated with the Estonian Eurovision representative Victor Crone. The Tungevaag & Raaban duo pathed ways in 2019 as Raaban’s career has continued to develop as a solo composer.

This month’s entry for Sweden is yet another Raaban collaboration which is with the Australian singer Séb Mont. The song is an uptempo EDM about love being like the feeling of a “Vertigo”, that's the title of the song.

EXTENDED MIX:

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#154 - December 2021 :se:

Icona Pop x VIZE

Off of My Mind

iYzLoge.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is rounding up this year with a banger and a comeback to the contest with the EDM/House and Dance-Pop duo Icona Pop and the entry Off of My Mind. The song, which is a collaboration together with German EDM/House duo VIZE (consisting of music producer Vitali Zestovskih and DJ Johannes Vimalavong), is a catchy EDM/House stomper ready to set any upcoming New Year's party on fire!

We last saw Icona Pop, consisting of Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo, in the FSC back in August 2015 when the entry Emergency managed to reach a top. 5 position in the contest. The duo, which was formed in 2009 and debuted with the single Manners in 2011, got their domestic as well as international breakthrough with the single I Love It (which featured British Electro-Pop singer-songwriter Charli XCX) in 2012. I Love It remains the girls' most successful single to date and one of the biggest Swedish music exports of the past decade, reaching the top spot on the official British Singles Chart and the top. 3 in various other markets including Germany and Australia. Icona Pop is also one of the few Swedish acts to achieve a top. 10 single on the American Billboard Hot 100 chart.

So being back to the contest again after all these years, will they manage to top their previous attempt? You decide!

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#155 - January 2022 :se:

Veronica Maggio

SE MIG

DSQXzW1.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is starting off the new year with yet another comeback, this time with singer-songwriter Veronica Maggio and the catchy entry SE MIG (SEE ME), the first single released from the singer's seventh album titled Och som vanligt händer det något hemskt (And as Usual Something Awful is Happening). The song includes elements of Maggio's own specific blend of Swedish Indie-Pop, Vispop and Scandipop as well as 1980's synth-pop influences.

This is Maggio's sixth entry in the FSC following Jag kommer (I'm Coming) [#8 FSC26 - Apr 2011], Sergels torg [Sergel's Square] [#6 FSC57 - Nov 2013], Hela huset (The Whole House) [#18 FSC64 - Jun 2014], Vi mot världen (Us Against the World) [#15 FSC89 - Jul 2016] and latest Solen har gått ner (The Sun Has Set) [#22 FSC130 - Dec 2019].

Following her 2006 debut single Dumpa mig (Dump Me) and other singles such as Nöjd? (Satisfied?) [2006], Måndagsbarn (Monday's Child) [2008], Välkommen in (Welcome Inside) [2011], Låtsas som det regnar (Pretending as if it's Raining) [2013] and Tillfälligheter [Coincidences] [2019], Maggio has become one of the most successful singers in Sweden with four of her studio albums reaching the top spot on the Official Swedish Albums chart as well as two #1 singles, with additional two top. 3, four top. 5 and 5 top. 10 singles on the official Swedish Singles chart. She has also reached success in neighboring Scandinavian countries Norway and Denmark, with two top. 3 and two top. 10 albums on the Norwegian albums chart (making her one of the most successful Swedish language artists internationally).

With this comeback to the FSC, the question remains if she will manage to finally get her first top. 5 (or higher) position? The power is in your hands fellow FSC'ers!

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#156 - February 2022 :se:

Skott

It's Not Too Late

kaUfqnE.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this February edition, Sweden is turning down the tempo a bit but the mystic up with the enchanting and mysterious Indie-Pop track It's Not Too Late, performed by 30-year old Indie-Pop singer-songwriter Pauline Skött (who simply goes by the stage name Skott). This actually marks a comeback to the FSC for the singer, who we last saw competing roughly five years when she ended up in the top. 5 with the entry Lack of Emotion back in January 2017.

Skott debuted with the single Porcelain back in 2016 (which was later to be included on the singer's 2020- debut album Always Live for Always, which also included the 2016- single Amelia and the 2019- single Bloodhound). As a build up to the release of her debut album, Skott released a handful of stand-alone singles as well as the 2018- EP Stay Off My Mind (including the single with the same name).

This edition's entry was released in the autumn of 2021, and is the first official single taken from the singer's second studio album titled A Letter from the Universe, which was released earlier this year. Skott is still awaiting her big commercial breakthrough, but has managed to gather a following of Indie-Pop fans since the debut and has carved out an interesting musical niche for herself in the Pop landscape.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#157 - March 2022 :se:

Agnes

Here Comes the Night

ulo7Ls6.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So for this edition, Sweden brings yet another comeback to the contest, this time with our last FSC-winner Agnes (who won the contest nearly a year ago back in April 2021 with the entry Fingers Crossed). If you want to learn more about Agnes, you can read the previous presentation.

This month's entry; Here Comes the Night, is the third single taken from Agnes' fifth studio album titled Magic Still Exists (which was released in October 2021). The song can be described as a grand Pop song with a top-notch production and anthemic hook. While ABBA might have made a comeback last year, this track sounds like what an actual updated ABBA sound could have sounded like in this era.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
So the first victory for Sweden in a year, and again by the lovely Agnes, it was a fierce competition but we managed! xyaaay I am also happy to see that it's possible to win without a music video, since statistically it is harder to do.

Thank you to everybody that supported us the #157 - March 2022 edition and made this victory possible! xhug

131 pts

:12: :au: :de: :no: :es: :uk:
:10: :az: :za:
:8: :rs:
:7: :cy: :pl:
:6: :at: :bg: :ee:
:5: :lv:
:3: :il:
:2: :mx:
:1: :gr:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#158 - April 2022 :se:

Dotter

Bon Voyage

rSNmSsP.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this April edition, and as our host entry, we are back to the Swedish language again (with a little feature of French and English) and with yet another comeback to the contest. So let's welcome, for the third time in this competition, the now 34-year-old Pop singer Johanna Jansson, who we better know by the stage name Dotter. We last saw Dotter in the contest half a year ago with the entry Vintern jag var sexton (The Winter I Was Sixteen), which was Jansson's second top. 3 in the FSC following the entry Backfire (that ended up in the top. 3 back in the July 2020 edition). Could this edition's entry become her third time charm perhaps?

This entry is yet another Swedish language song from Dotter, but this time with a more fun and uptempo sound. The track is a catchy and well produced Pop song with a touch of Swedish Schlager-Pop and also a bit of that quirky Swedish Pop sound we've seen in the contest previously by artists like Miss Li. The topic of the lyrics however isn't as light as the sound, but rather tells a story about deceive and how people turn their back on you when times get hard ending up in lost friendships.

If you want to learn a little bit more about Dotter, you can always go back and read the previous presentation by clicking the link.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
For the first time in a long time I found time to update the Swedish FSC wikia page , if you want a summary of Sweden's journey in the FSC until now, you can check it out!

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#159 - May 2022 :se:

Renaida

D-vitamin

FdA5tbp.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Summer is just around the corner in the Northern Hemisphere, and haven't we all been longing for some Vitamin D? Put on your dancing shoes because for this May edition Sweden is sending a catchy club song in Swedish, and the song is just about that; to letting yourself go loose and crazy after a year of darkness and cold (something we all could very well need now after years of a global pandemic and other global uncertainties).

The entry is performed by 24-year old Renaida Braun, who ended up sixth in the 2016-season of the Swedish version of the talent-TV show Idol and got her breakthrough by finishing top. 10 in the 2018-Finale of the Swedish National selection to Eurovision; Melodifestivalen, with the entry All the Feels. After some some singles in English, Renaida has crossed-over to Swedish and started releasing club-oriented tracks in the language such as this entry and the 2020- Dansant ångestattack (Danceable Anxiety Attack).

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#161 - July 2022 :se:

Klara & Jag

Nu grönskar det

pSEqLKj.jpg

PRESENTATION:

It's time for another comeback for Sweden, this time with the female Pop duo Klara & Jag (Klara & I). The duo made their FSC-debut back in April 2020 with the entry Måste jag dö? (Do I Have to Die?), a stand-alone single released in 2019 between their 2018-debut EP Storyn of My Life (The Story of My Life) and their 2020-debut album Det slutar inte här (It Doesn't End Here).

Klara & Jag, which consists of the members Klara Wörmann and Johanna Frostling, debuted with the single Samma gamla nätter (Same Old Nights) in 2017 and has released singles such as 2.0 and Aska (Ashes) (which features former Melodifestivalen-entrant and member of Swedish boyband FO&O; Oscar Enestad).

After a couple of years break, the duo started their own record label and made their comeback with this month's FSC-entry Nu grönskar det (Now It's Blooming) in early spring 2022. The single, which is the first one taken from their new album I stadens famn (In the City's Embrace), is a catchy Dance-Pop song which includes elements from 90's House-Pop, Swedish Vispop as well as subtle folk/ethno elements, which gives the song a unique touch and is also perfect for long summer nights.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#162 - August 2022 :se:

Jubël feat. Aleyna Tilki

Diamonds

yh6zGto.jpg

PRESENTATION:

While the world is in a dark place at the moment and tensions between countries are on the rise, including the latest diplomatic crisis between Sweden and Turkey, we all need something light in our lives to remind us that there is good and happy moments too and here music plays a crucial part. Now, from a long-time Eurovision fan, what better way to build bridges than music? To quote John Lennon; "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one", so for this month's edition Sweden is sending the unapologetically catchy 80's and 90's-inspired EDM-Pop bop collaboration Diamonds, by Swedish EDM-Pop-project Jübel featuring Turkish Pop star Aleyna Tilki.

Jübel, a quartet consisting of singer-songwriters and producers fronted by Sebastian Atas and Victor Sjöström, and co-produced in the background by David Lindgren Zacharias and Viktor Broberg, debuted as a music project back in 2017 with the single Illusion (which was used in a global advertisement campaign for the Swedish retailer and fashion line H&M). In 2018, they got their first top. 10 hit on the official Swedish Singles Charts with their cover Dancing in the Moonlight, which also brought them some international success charting in the top. 15 in the UK as well as becoming a minor hit in Australia and Belgium among other markets.

Now 22-year old Alyena Tiki started out as a semi-finalist at the age of 14 on the Turkish version of Got Talent and has since her 2017 solo debut with the single Sen Olsan Bari (If It Were You) become one of the biggest rising Pop stars in her homeland and a Youtube viral success with hundreds of million views.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#163 - September 2022 :se:

Brother Leo

Caroline

YXeizrw.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So after winning last month's edition, Sweden is changing the direction a bit with this month's hosting entry. Closing the summer season with this cool, catchy and funky reggae-inspired midtempo indie-Pop song performed by Brother Leo.

Brother Leo is the new music project, and pseudonym, of now 36-year old Pop singer Ola Svensson (who up until 2016 professionally went by the mononym Ola). Svensson first started out at the age of 19 on the TV-talent show Swedish Idol back in 2005 where he finished eighth overall. The following year he debuted with the single Rain, which topped the official Swedish Singles chart followed by the debut album Given to Fly, which also managed to top the Swedish Albums chart. In 2007 he released his follow up album Good Enough, which included the singles Natalie and S.O.S. (both of which managed to top the Swedish Singles chart respectively). In 2008 he would re-release his second album following his attempt at representing Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest after finishing in the second chance round of the Swedish national selection Melodifestivalen with the entry Love in Stereo.

In 2010, Ola made his second attempt in Melodifestivalen with the entry Unstoppable which managed to qualify to the final. The single became his fifth #1 on the Swedish Singles chart and was followed by the release of his third, and self-titled, album which also became his first album released through his own newly established record label. 2012 would mark the year when Ola managed to get some international success, in particular in Italy where the first single from his fourth album; I'm in Love, managed to give him a top. 5 hit in the country. Except for some smaller projects, Ola took a break from music in around 2014-2015 and came back as Brother Leo in 2018 with the single Strangers on an Island followed by a handful of singles, including this month's Swedish entry which was released earlier this year. A new album, which would be Ola's fifth in total and first under the new pseudonym, is expected sometime this year or next year.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#164 - October 2022 :se:

f9E94d0.jpg

Innan dom stelnar

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending the six-piece music collective Den Svenska Björnstammen (The Swedish Bear Population) with the midtempo alternative-Folk rock song Innan dom stelnar (Before They Stiffen).

The band, which consists of members Petter Frisendahl, Klas Isaksson, Åke Olofsson, Mattias Göransson, Dan Brännvall and Ambjörn Göransson, debuted back in 2008 as a seven-piece (including former member Kim Dahlberg). They got their breakthrough in 2011 with the single Vart jag mig i världen vänder (Wherever in the World I Wander), which topped the official Swedish Singles Chart and ended up as one of the biggest songs in Sweden of that year, and is still considered one of the biggest Swedish language songs of the 2010s. The following year, they released their debut album titled Ett fel närmare rätt (One Wrong Closer to Right), which also included the popular Svalkar vinden (The Wind Cools). Since then, they have released additionally four studio albums including the 2022 Djur och människa (Animal and Human), where this edition's entry is taken from.

It is not that easy to define the band's musical direction, but overall it can be described as a blend of indie-rock, indie-pop, electronica, alternative folk and Swedish vispop. The band has become sort of a cult band domestically, and while they haven't lived up to the commercial success of their breakthrough, they still remain a respected band.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#165 - November 2022 :se:

Sofia Karlberg & Discrete feat. TUSO

Hold My Love

D08Bu36.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this November edition, Sweden is going back to Dance music with the hypnotic and mysterious EDM and Deep House track Hold My Love performed by 25-year old, up-and-coming, singer Sofia Karlberg in collaboration with Swedish Dance act and music producer August Discrete Ramberg and Welsh songwriter Tudor TUSO Davies. The song is the title track taken from Karlberg's second EP released this year, following her first EP release Spotless Mind from 2019.

LYRICS:

Top Bottom