1st

#100 June*: Alina Devecerski - Flytta på dej!* 13th
#101 July: Rhys - Last Dance 5th
#102 August: AronChupa feat. Little Sis Nora – Llama in My Living Room 4th
#103 September: Julia Adams – Deja vu 12th
#104 October: Ana Diaz – Det var du 15th
#105 November: Axwell Λ Ingrosso – More Than You Know 5th
#106 December: Jennie Abrahamson – To the Water 21st

Summing up Sweden's 2017 in FSC it was certainly a step up from the pretty dreadful 2016 results-wise speaking. With 7/12 top. 10 entries, including five top.5's and one victory (the first victory for Sweden in FSC in nearly 3 year's time), 2017 marks Sweden's best year in FSC (as far as results go) since 2013 and overall the second best year for Sweden since the debut back in 2009.

While it's nice and all to achieve overall good results and see some support, most importantly is the music and to stay true to one's taste but also to explore new things and for sure 2017 opened up my eyes (and ears) for new artists and songs, both in Sweden but of course also from abroad thanks to fellow FSC'ers bringing some good stuff to the contest which I would have never heard of if it wasn't for this contest and forum, so thank you all for that!

So we say Good Bye to 2017 and hope that 2018 will bring alot of fresh good music (and some good results too :mrgreen:) , Happy New Year to all of you! xcheer

:se::se::se::se::se::se:

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 RECEIVERS - 2017
1 : :ua: 83pts
2 : :rs: 49pts
3 : :il: 44pts
4 : :uk: 34pts
5 : :bg: 33pts [5x]
6 : :ro: 33pts [4x]
7 : :au: 29pts [5x]
8 : :ru: 29pts [4x]
9 : :pl: 28pts
10 : :it: 26pts

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 SUPPORTERS - 2017 xrose
1 : :il: 68pts
2 : :tr: 58pts
3 : :it: 55pts
4 : :my: 51pts
5 : :gr: 43pts
6 : :rs: 42pts [9x]
7 : :uk: 42pts [7x]
8 : :bg: 38pts
9 : :ee: 36pts [7x]
10 : :us: 36pts [6x]

SWEDEN'S 12-POINTERS - 2017

January: :ua: Sonya Kay - Zoryanyi soundtrack 12th
February: :bg: Desislava - I na vsichki kato tebe 12th
March: :ua: The Hardkiss - Antarktyda 5th
April: :ua: KAZKA - Svyata 20th
May: :ua: Zlata Ognevich - Tantsyuvaty 9th
June: :ru: Vintazh -
Derevya
33th*

July: :ua: Alyosha -
Kalyna
6th

August: :rs: Jelena Karleuša & Azis - O.S.T.A.V.LJ.A.M.T.E 9th
September: :bg: Dia - Ogan 8th
October: :hr: Lorde - Green Light 12th
November: :uk: Zayn feat. SIA - Dusk Till Dawn 1st
December: :ro: Irina Rimes - Cosmos 8th

* To celebrate the 100th anniversary edition of FSC, the age rule for entries was temporarily changed, to allow any entry since the inception of FSC in March 2009, but new songs from the last 12 months were excluded.
* Russia ended 12th in the voting, but due to absent voting from the Russian juries, Russia ended at 33th position.

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#107 - January 2018 :se:

ionnalee
SAMARITAN

25zt4t2.jpg

Sweden is starting off the new year with a comeback. Last time we saw singer-songwriter Jonna ionnalee Lee in the FSC was almost 3 years ago, back in FSC#72 - February 2015, as part of iamamiwhoami with the entry blue bue, which ended up at a respectable 7th place. This time around Jonna is trying on a solo career again after nearly 8 years together with producer Claes Björklund and the iamamiwhoami project.

SAMARITAN is the first single off ionnalee's upcoming album Everyone Afraid to Be Forgotten, due in February. The track, which originally premiered back in March 2017, is a well-produced, catchy and originally fresh-sounding Indie-Pop song with a touch of both Electro-Pop and Funk. I'd describe it as if Michael Jackson had a baby with Björk and let Kylie Minogue be the godmother of it.

Click on the link to view the full short movie / music video

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
So we're opening up this year really strong, in fact much better than I predicted so that's always a pleasant surprise! xcheer

Thanks to all of you that supported the :se: entry in FSC#107 - January 2018 edition xhug

109 pts

:12: :il: xlove
:10: :au: :bg: :dk: xrose
:8: :cz: :ph: xheya
:7: :fr:
:6: :gr: :tr:
:5: :my: :nl: :za:
:4: :us:
:3: :no: :pl: :ro: :ua:
:1: :ee:

... and a reprise of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:12: :uk:
:10: :ua:
:8: :hr:
:7: :es:
:6: :no:
:5: :ru:
:4: :us:
:3: :de:
:2: :tr:
:1: :ma:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#108 - February 2018 :se:

Jon Henrik Fjällgren
Bovtse eatnamisnie

2cht6bo.jpg

For the second time in FSC history, Sweden is sending an entry in Sami language. Last time we heard Sami in the FSC was back in the FSC#55 - September 2013 edition, when Sofia Jannok scored a top.3 position for Sweden with the entry Jávrrit juiget. This time the turn has come to Jon Henrik Fjällgren with the Sami ethno-Pop entry Bovtse eatnamisnie, which is a combination of modern beats and production with a Sami ethno sound and yoik.

Fjällgren is the Colombian-born orphan, originating from an indigenous-Colombian village, who as a baby got adopted in the late 1980's by a Swedish Sami couple from northern Sweden, later on becoming a reindeer farmer himself according to the Sami tradition before rising to fame after winning the 2014 edition of Sweden's Got Talent, where he first auditioned with Daniels Joik. Fjällgren became a household name in Sweden after ending up as the runner-up of the Final of Melodifestivalen 2015 with his entry Jag är fri (Manne leam frijje), and last year he tried his luck again, this time ending up third in the final with the entry En värld full av strider (Eatneme gusnie jeenh dåaroeh), which featured singer Aninia and was the first single from his third official studio album Aatjan goengere, where also this edition's Swedish entry Bovtse eatnamisnie is taken from.

unfortunately unable to embed the video, so please click the banner (link) below to listen to the song!

A-lister

Veteran
I'm pleased to have :se: in the top. 10 for another month, I made a bit of a risky choice and it seems like it paid off decently :mrgreen:

... Thanks to all of you that supported the :se: entry in the FSC#108 - February 2018 edition xhug

69 pts

:10: :my: xrose
:8: :it: :ph: :pt: xheya
:7: :ma:
:6: :ro:
:5: :hr: :dk: :no:
:3: :bg:
:1: :az: :ua:

:12: :ua:
:10: :ch:
:8: :rs:
:7: :pt:
:6: :gr:
:5: :au:
:4: :bg:
:3: :pl:
:2: :il:
:1: :dk:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#109 - March 2018 :se:

Sophia Somajo
A Million Songs

dYeuweN.jpg

For this March edition, which marks my 60th entry to the FSC, Sweden is sending the electro-Pop ballad A Million Songs, performed by singer-songwriter-producer Sophia Somajo.

Somajo debuted back in 2007 with the single Stockholm Calling, which was followed up by her debut studio album The Laptop Diaries the following year. In 2011 she parted from her label and founded her own record label on which she has since released a second studio album titled T.T.I.D.S.D.I.E.U.I.C (2012) aswell as the EP Freudian Slip in 2017, which apart from this month's entry A Million Songs, also includes her 2015 single Klein Blue and the 2016 release Sapphire.

Except for her career as a solo artist, Somajo has also been working under various pseudonyms as a songwriter, producer and composer for various other acts such as Britney Spears, Robyn, Backstreet Boys and Christina Aguilera amongst others.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Sweden's results this month, I kind of expected not the best due to the reception the entry got during the LL and the reaction on here, so with that in mind I guess it's ok. Sure I would have loved to manage another top. 10, but wouldn't we all? Still though...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#109 - March 2018 edition xhug

65 pts

:12: :ua: xkiss
:10: :no: xheart
:8: :at: xrose
:7: :pl: :nl:
:5: :pt: :tw:
:3: :de: :za:
:2: :my: :tr:
:1: :rs:

:12: :it:
:10: :lt:
:8: :ro:
:7: :za:
:6: :il:
:5: :ua:
:4: :hr:
:3: :fr:
:1: :my:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#110 - April 2018 :se:

Stockholm Noir
Hopeless Dreams

34nli5i.jpg

Spring is coming (if you're at the Northern hemisphere that is), and for the 110th edition of the FSC, Sweden is sending the mysterious and mesmerizing electro-Pop track Hopeless Dreams, performed by the equally mysterious DJ/Producers' project which goes under the act name of Stockholm Noir. Now little is known publicly about this act, other than it consists of at least a couple of Swedish producers and DJ's. As for the vocalist of the track, it has been kept a secret as well, with music bloggers and others speculating it could be anyone from Eurovision winner Loreen to worldwide superstar Beyoncé. The mystery still lingers on, but despite all of that, this is a track that got me hooked for the first time I heard it and it was amongst my most streamed songs of 2017. Now let's see what you have to say about it, does it have the same effect on you as it had on me?

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
R.I.P.
Tim "Avicii" Bergling

am8484.jpg

Yesterday we received the tragic news that Tim Bergling a.k.a Avicii passed away. The internationally successful Swedish DJ/Producer became only 28 years old.

In FSC we saw Avicii twice; he reached a top. 10 spot in this contest back in FSC#56 - October edition with the EDM/Country fusion Hey Brother and in FSC#86 - April 2016 edition with the feel-good and summer vibed Taste the Feeling featuring Conrad Sewell, which was a collaboration between Bergling and the Coca Cola Company and that many of us have heard since in various commercials and promos.

Bergling became one of those Swedish music wonders and international musical export successes, mostly due to his ear for great catchy tunes and his superb professional productions, he was really one of those that led the revival of the EDM and made a whole generation dance again and the public to understand and appreciate that there is far more depth and brain in this genre than it was being credited for in the past. If EDM was considered "Eurotrash" in the 1990's, the genre started to really gain respect and influence over music in the past decade with the likes of Avicii, Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris and David Guetta paving the way.

In his career he worked with some of the biggest names in music like Madonna, Coldplay, Lenny Kravitz and Robbie Williams among others. Bergling started out in 2008 with DJ'ing and producing own tracks, and in 2010 he got his first minor commercial breakthrough with the single Seek Bromance, followed by what can be considered his big breakthrough with the track Levels the following year. In 2012 he released I Could Be the One in collaboration with Dutch DJ/Producer Nicky Romero. 2013 marked Avicii's career peak with the release of his debut full studio album True, including the singles Wake Me Up and Hey Brother that became two of the biggest worldwide hits of that year, with the former becoming his biggest hit in the USA.

Gone too young and too soon, the world will miss a bright star
Thank you for the Music Tim and for some special memories with your music as a soundtrack to

A-lister

Veteran
Sweden was so close to get a top. 10 as this last edition, but unfortunately didn't manage to go the full way, I'm slightly surprised as I was thinking we had a winner candidate this time around, but I guess you can't really predict such things in the end of the day.

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#110 - April 2018 edition xhug

76 pts

:10: :at: :no:
:7: :tr:
:6: :ca: :hu: :lt:
:5: :it: :pl:
:4: :ro:
:3: :za:
:2: :ba: :il:
:1: :bg: :es:

:12: :lt:
:10: :no:
:7: :de:
:6: :tr:
:5: :bg:
:4: :ba:
:3: :pl:
:2: :za:
:1: :es:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#111 - May 2018 :se:

Maja Amcoff
Alltid som du vill

hwxv7l.jpg

For this edition, Sweden is going back to the Swedish language again and is sending the catchy and somewhat quirky produced electro-Pop song Alltid som du vill (Always As You Want), performed by 17-year old newcomer to the Swedish Pop scene; Maja Amcoff. The track, which is Maja's debut single released in the summer of 2017, has a production somewhat resembling what you could hear in K-Pop, and it shouldn't maybe come to a surprise that many K-Pop songs are in fact produced by Swedish music production and songwriting teams.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

A-lister

Veteran
Shocking results for :se: this time around , I kind of expected a so so result based on that there was no pre-hype what so ever, but I'm still shocked to see that this edition marked the worst result for Sweden ever in FSC, was it really that bad!? xshrug

Oh well... I hope the reaction will be better in upcoming edition... and...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#111 - May 2018 edition xhug

19 pts

:5: :it:
:4: :il:
:2: :lt:
:1: :tw:

:12: :ro:
:10: :rs:
:8: :ma:
:6: :za:
:5: :my:
:4: :nl:
:3: :tr:
:2: :ba:
:1: :gr:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#112 - June 2018 :se:

NoNoNo
Masterpiece

jqth74.jpg

For this June edition, Sweden is sending the Indie-Pop trio NoNoNo with the catchy and quirky indie-Pop track Masterpiece. The group, which consists of the members Stina Wäppling, Tobias Jimson and Michel Flygare, made their debut back in spring of 2013 with the single Pumpin Blood, which was later on followed by the same-titled debut EP released in early Autumn that year. Their debut single remains their commercially most successful one to date, charting close to the top. 20 on the American Billboard Alternative chart among others. In 2014 the band released their debut album titled We Are Only What We Feel. This FSC edition's entry for Sweden; Masterpiece, is the trio's first single in around three years and it's the first single from their upcoming album. The track was released in the end of August 2017 and has since been followed up by the single Friends, which was released earlier this spring.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
... another mid-score underwhelming results for Sweden this edition, certainly better than the previous edition but worse than I expected and that it deserved imo. I expected a bit better at least considering this time around there seemed to be some pre-hype, oh well... maybe next time things will turn around for Sweden? xshrug

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in this edition xhug

66 pts

:12: :it:
:10: :ro: :tr:
:7: :il: :my:
:6: :ba:
:5: :ua:
:4: :bg:
:1: :de: :rs: :za: :tw: :us:

:12: :bg:
:10: :ua:
:8: :pl:
:7: :it:
:6: :az:
:5: :es:
:4: :il:
:3: :rs:
:2: :ro:
:1: :au:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#113 - July 2018 :se:

Alcazar
In the Name of Love

21vigx.jpg

June and July are sometimes referred to as "Pride seasons" in different parts of the world where homosexuality isn't illegal due to the hosting of annual Pride festivals in various cities during these particular months and in the end of this month, Sweden will host the 25th annual EuoroPride and for this edition's FSC, we are entering the official EuroPride 2018 song In the Name of Love performed by the Disco-Pop trio Alcazar, a trio that celebrates 20 years as a group this year. For these two special occasions, I have chosen this entry. I hope you will enjoy this catchy Pop song and also see this as a reminder that, regardless of what we think about Pride as a concept, love is love and that there are many around the world; gay, straight and bi alike, that are unable to live their lives freely and choose their partners on their own.

PRESENTATION:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#114 - August 2018 :se:

Rhys
Too Good to Be True

11tv0pf.jpg

So we have a comeback for Sweden this time around, it's Pop singer and newcomer Rhys, who we last saw in FSC around a year ago when she ended up #5 with the entry Last Dance, will she manage to top that result this time around? Too Good to Be True is Rhys' third single, released back in 2017 and as a follow-up to Last Dance, sonically it's yet again a well-produced and catchy Pop song with a big and powerful chorus while following the theme of bittersweet love lyrics.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
A little bit late... but nice to see Sweden finally back in the top. 10 again after nearly half a year of flops or mediocre results... so without further ado...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#114 - August 2018 edition xhug

84 pts

:10: :be: :ch: :tw:
:8: :it:
:7: :no:
:6: :cz:
:5: :ba: :hu: :ro: :tr:
:4: :at: :uk:
:3: :de:
:2: :my:

:12: :pl:
:10: :us:
:8: :lv:
:7: :za:
:5: :il:
:4: :es:
:3: :nl:
:2: :mx:
:1: :bg:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#115 - September 2018 :se:

Paul Rey
What Good is Love

2rr2ckj.jpg

For this September edition of FSC, Sweden is sending the 26-year old R&B/Soul/Pop singer Pauli Jokela aka Paul Rey. Jokela, who originally comes from the university town of Lund in the most southern region of Skane in Sweden, debuted as a rapper under the abbreviation P.J. back in 2012 with his debut album Makin' Moves, however it wasn't until he changed musical direction and signed with Epic Records in the USA and with the release of the EP Good as Hell in 2015, that he started to gain some attention.

This month's entry to the FSC, the gospel and soul inspired midtempo power Pop ballad What Good is Love, is Jokela's third single release under the Paul Rey pseudonym and was released in 2017, following the single All Falls Down. Jokela released his follow-up EP Note to Self earlier this year and we have to wait until a debut Paul Rey album will see the day of light, but until then let's enjoy this superb song and talented young aspiring singer.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Great to see Sweden achieving its second top. 3 position so far this year, our second best result so far this year and best result in 8 months xcheer

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#115 - September 2018 xhug

107 pts

:12: :fr: :it: :ro:
:10: :ba: :za: :uk:
:7: :ca: :nl: :ch:
:5: :lt:
:4: :tw:
:3: :de: :mx: :us:
:1: :hu: :ph:

:12: :az:
:10: :bg:
:8: :tr:
:7: :rs:
:5: :au:
:4: :at:
:3: :ro:
:2: :ee:
:1: :be:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#116 - October 2018 :se:

Sanna Nielsen
Innan du lämnar mig

2eq6u6f.jpg

For this edition, we are slowing down the tempo and switching back to the Swedish language again with the comeback of Sanna Nielsen to the FSC. This is the second time the Schlager-Pop singer, Melodifestivalen-veteran and former Eurovision Song Contest contestant, is entered to the contest (following a top. 10 position back in February 2017 with the entry Dansar bort med någon annan) <- click the title to read more about Sanna and her previous entry...

The entry for this edition titled; Innan du lämnar mig (Before You Leave Me), is a classic yet timeless piano-Pop-ballad, a beautiful Swedish schlager-Pop-power-Ballad, presenting a personal and bittersweet love story sung by one of Sweden's finest vocalists, simply a nice fitting and calming start to the autumn (Northern hemisphere) period, just relax and enjoy!

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Top Bottom