Contact us

FSC Spin-Offs / FSC #150 August Spin-Off: Discussion

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Announcement: FSC Going Forward

To the FSC Community,

The FSC Mod team has always worked hard to service you, our members and our community in the best fashion possible, running the FSC over 12 successful years. It is a responsibility we have taken seriously because FSC means much to us all. We have wanted FSC to be a quality song contest, professionally run (with FSC Rules) and properly administered for everyone’s enjoyment. We have always been there for our members, new and old, giving help and assistance and embracing everyone in our community.

We have also always been open for ideas and feedback from our members, but with the recent reactions from several members f.ex. here in this thread we realize that the impression has been different for many and that we have not succeeded well enough in this regard. We have done our best but for this we are sorry. We want to emphasize that we have heard your concerns and suggestions and are willing to listen. We will work to have a more meaningful interaction with you, our valued members in the future.

But the future is in fact already here. To show that we want to involve you a little more, we want to give you the opportunity to take charge of our cherished FSC Spin-Off concept. Some of you wanted something “fresh”, something “new” and this is your chance. If you wish for it, the FSC Spin-Offs can be yours to manage however you see fit. The FSC Spin-Offs have been managed by our members in earlier years while in recent years the FSC Mods have taken the responsibility. An added bonus to this could be that it would be possible to have FSC Spin-Offs more regularly, as many members have wanted, since they would be managed by persons not otherwise occupied with FSC Mod-tasks.

The FSC Mod team has considered having a surprise celebratory FSC Spin-Off in August since we reach the 150th FSC-edition landmark that month. We leave this idea in your hands, if you want it, but we think it is a fun idea with many possibilities.

We are always here for you. Thank you for being valued members of our FSC Community! xlove xhug

On behalf of the FSC Mod team,

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
So this is all in your hands now, guys! xcheer

You can start discussing how you wish to take the FSC Spin-Offs forwards

and

How you wish to celebrate the FSC #150 August Spin-Off

The FSC Mod team will not interfere, but 'keep it nice and clean' and fair for everyone.

Have much fun with organizing the FSC Spin-Offs, they are a valuable part of the FSC Universe! xup

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin

Geborgenheit

Celebratory Spin off would mean exclusively the songs which participated in FSC before or the artists from FSC editions with any songs? :)

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
As Malagant has said, we have decided to hand this upcoming FSC Spinoff over to you guys, our valued members, to see what new and fresh ideas you can bring to the table. We have not yet decided on any of the specifics for this spinoff, it is all in your hands. We only want it to be linked to the upcoming 150th edition celebration. So whatever you can come up with, the sky is the limit. We even want one of you to host the spinoff, so that we can see how you would like to do things. If it turns out to be successful, it may become a regular spinoff feature, and will hopefully lead us forward to bringing you a better FSC. So please guys, discuss away, we are waiting to be impressed by your creative ideas!

Lietuvis

I have an idea that I think could be fun - a spinoff consisting only of songs that placed 2nd in the national Eurovision selection in that particular country. These are the songs that are quite good, but unfortunately never got the Eurovision spotlight, and also were disqualified from participating in the FSC editions.

Alterinatively it could also be songs that placed last - that could be either a complete trainwreck, or really good :D

heke1988

Here is a couple of ideas:

- Summer song

- Song from the artist/band, which origins are somewhere else beside the country, they are now living.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Okay, so we've got:

- Previous FSC-entries (we did have a spin-off like that a few years ago though)
- Songs by previous FSC-artists
- Runner-ups in Eurovision national selections
- Last places in Eurovision national selections
- Summer songs
- Songs from the artist/band, which origins are somewhere else beside the country, they are now living

Anymore suggestions? Or will we just choose between those six?

I think combining 150th FSC-anniversary with 65th ESC-anniversary is a very good idea!
So some of the songs that aren't allowed to take part in regular FSC because of Eurovision pre-selections can get the chance in the spin-off ;)
As many NFs don't rank the entries at the bottom, I think the runner-ups will make more sense?

A-lister

Veteran
I think the idea of ESC runner-ups is a good one, or I would go even further and say an FSC where we can pick our favorite entries from any ESC pre-selection that never went to ESC (regardless of their placing in the national selections).

I also like the idea of an FSC made up by former ESC entrants (but not their ESC entries).

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Okay, so we've got these suggestions to choose from:

- Previous FSC-entries (we did have a spin-off like that a few years ago though)
- Songs by previous FSC-artists
- Runner-ups in Eurovision national selections
- Last places in Eurovision national selections
- Any song from Eurovision national selections
- Summer songs
- Songs from the artist/band, which origins are somewhere else beside the country, they are now living

As it's nearly August, I suggest we'll vote for our favorite idea within the next week 😉
I can't make a proper poll so you'll have to write your favorite choice here

I don't mind trying to host a decent show, but if anybody else wants to, please feel free to say so! 😁

If nobody neither "vote" nor offer to host, I'll do it and choose the theme myself 😉

Last edited:

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
As there doesn't seem to be any other suggestions or volunteers to do the show, I'll do it and hope as many of you as possible decide to join ;)

The theme will be either Summer songs or previous FSC artists
Stay tuned to figure out which of the two I choose in a confirmation thread that'll be started at some point next week :D

Journalist

As there doesn't seem to be any other suggestions or volunteers to do the show, I'll do it and hope as many of you as possible decide to join ;)

The theme will be either Summer songs or previous FSC artists
Stay tuned to figure out which of the two I choose in a confirmation thread that'll be started at some point next week :D

xyaay Good luck!

Top Bottom