Contact us

FSC Spin-Off - September 2020: " Best Of: Band/Group" - The Show | RESULTS from page 2

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
amQ6kXm.jpg

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
A few surprises:

I thought :hu: had a proper chance of challenging :us:
Happily :nl: was saved towards the end, but I was genuinely surprised that it wasn't a clear top 10 entry

As for the Armenian result, I'm just happy not to end up last; though I love "Es Kulam", I do appreciate that it's certainly not for everyone :(

Uto

Veteran
Well, was kind of expected that LP would make a mockery out of the rest. Absolute classic by a band no one has the right to dislike (inb4 Uto you blanked it). Congratulations to xymothe for the win. Malagant many thanks for hosting. Montevideo has been nice to us, we'll now go and spend top dollar here to drink away our sorrows and raise a glass to the winners. But what shall we drink?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
CONGRATULATIONS :us: xcheer

Obviously as Linkin Park is my #all #time #favorite #band I can only stan this victory a lot. If I didn't already sent a LP song in a spin off not long ago I would have taken them. Why did I give it only 8 you may ask though ? Well, I won't lie, when I saw it was Numb which was sent I was a little disappointed. It's maybe the most well-known LP song, so even if I like it a lot I'm so used to it its impact wore on me. But it didn't wear enough for me to give it a lower score than 8, it's still LP after all.

About :fr: result, I'm pleasantly surprised. This group is really special to me, so I'm glad so many of you appreciated the song I chose.

:12: :de:
:8: :nl:
:7: :es: :us:
:6: :my:
:5: :hu:
:4: :no:
:3: :br:
:2: :am: :au:
:1: :az:

I have probably liked France even more, because je parle français
Make sense, as french is the only language where not only I care about the lyrics, but it has a huge impact on whether I like the song or not. If I didn't understand the french songs I have in my playlist I'm sure I would blank most of them in any contest.

To celebrate this victory here is an acoustic cover I discovered two days ago xlove

xymothe

Thank you guys! ❤️ This one is special for me, as this is my favourite song of my childhood. I had hard times at home when I was a child, almost seven years with arguements and fights between my parents, because my father was an @..hole. And I started to listen music this time, from every genre, but my two favourites was Eminem and Linkin Park. When I listened these songs, I could forgot a bit these things, and helped me to survive these. And Numb is a masterpiece. Glad you like it also. So, thank you, that means a lot for me.

Ausesken

Congrats :us: on winning!! xcheer Fabulous winner :love:
Also the 4th place for :es: is amazing! xbow Thank you guys, I'm glad you liked it! xhug Mägo de Oz is one of the few bands I've been a fan of since I was very young. My favourite album overall is Gaia, but Vuela alto, released much later, became one of my favourite songs ever! So I had no doubt I had to take part in this spin-off and send it!

Finally, thank you to Malagant for the show! xlove

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Many congrats to :us: United States of America, Linkin Park and @xymothe with victory! xup Reading how much this particular song is special and meaningful to you makes the victory taste even sweeter :)

I enjoyed the song and it was a very decisive impressive victory. I am not a die-hard fan of Linkin Park myself but I do like some of their songs. My favourite of theirs is actually ‘Skin to bone’, a very cool rhythmic song, I thought, which took part in FSC back in the day (in 2012).

My personal favourites in this FSC Spin-Off were: :ch::es::no: I thought all three entries were great and they all fought for my top points! All entries in my top 10 were very enjoyable though - well done, all!
tqcd9Op.gif

Thank you to everyone for all the points (special thanx for the 12 and 10 points!) and a very good 6th place for my entry by :hu: Hungarian group NOX. I hoped for top 8 (knowing that NOX are well liked but perhaps not with the broad 'star' appeal one needs to make top 3 in FSC) and am well pleased making the top 6 with this song and seeing many of you enjoy it xup

I was introduced to NOX at the ESC 2005 and I immediately took to their wonderful energetic music in their traditional Folk-pop (with some modern elements) genre. I have been a fan of theirs ever since and have several times considered entering them in the FSC Spin-Offs. This time the time was right as I saw it and I am glad they took part with a song I have always loved.

Happy that you all enjoyed this FSC Spin-Off so much. Thank you, everyone for your kind words, for taking part - and for being such valued members of our FSC Community xhug xheart

Bakinka

Thanks for the points to :az: Azerbaijan!!!(y)
Special thanks to Italy for :12: 👏 :love: and United Kingdom for :10:! 🥰
Also thanks to Portugal for :6: :love:
Brazil, Norway for :2: :whistle:
Austria, Armenia for :1::giggle:

Congratulations, USA, it was my :12:!)

JSSArcos

Good show as always Malagant !!!! Thanks for this fun Spin xheart

EXCELLENT winner (it seemed very obvious that, it is one of the best bands ever) !!!

Thanks to everyone who voted :pt: xlove one of my favorite portuguese bands, they are so good live

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I have now added this September Spin-Off edition also to the FSC Spin-Off Wikia xup

Top Bottom